Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

The Workout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 11:50 AM
The Workout Thread

"Do you workout?"

Well, seriously though, I started working out 5 weeks ago and I'm taking a little bit of a break this week. I'm 5'4" and I was 180lbs! Not I'm down to 166lbs and in much better shape.

I do 3 days of cardio and 3 days of weight training. I mix in some P90X workouts here and there, mostly the Ab Ripper X and Kenpo X.

When I started jogging I could only go for a mile nonstop on my 1.5 mile route. Now I go 2 miles nonstop on a 3.5 mile route.

I need to lift more and burn some more fat off. Once I hit my target weight(140lbs.) I'll really hit the weights hard.

So, do you workout?

Old 08-14-2009, 12:09 PM
Banned
occasionally over the winter i'm going to try to get really toned....haha i've got the exact opposite problem, but i'm going to try p90x over the winter but i won't do the diet..........

Old 08-14-2009, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by Gbaby2089
occasionally over the winter i'm going to try to get really toned....haha i've got the exact opposite problem, but i'm going to try p90x over the winter but i won't do the diet..........
That's what I don't like about P90X. Without following the diet or taking supplements it won't give the best results. The workouts are great for losing weight though.

Old 08-14-2009, 12:34 PM
Banned
well i don't want to lose wait so i think it should work nicely

Old 08-14-2009, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
I've been working on and off since Sept. of 06. Mostly for weight gain though. I was trying to put on mucsle, not lose weight. I started at 155 and shot to 178 lbs in 6 months or so.

Here's my list of thing for you to do if you trying to lose weight though. You may already do some of them but I'm throwing them out there.

Try to stay at the 12 rep scheme or above. Higher reps with lighter weight burns more calories. Also, do mainly compound exerciese. These involve more than one muscle group at time thus using more energy.

Cardio which your already doing but do HIIT, (High Intensity Interval Training) This is where you go at a steady pace for a while then go all out for a couple minutes. Repeat this cycle for 20 min. Makes your body work harder.

Get at least a 1 gram of protein for each lb you way. When you lose weight you lose muscle too, this will help in trying to preserve as much as muscle as possible.

Drink tons of water, try to get in a gallon a day. Need I say more.

Eat lots of fiber - whole grains, fruits, veggies, nuts.

Make sure you take some kind of protein shake either pre or post workout. If your gonna take only one, make it a post workout shake for muscle recovery.

-Sean

Old 08-15-2009, 10:33 AM
spelng > me
5 Year Member
I do a LiL jailhouse workout, that consists of 20 push ups every min for a hour strait instead of just trying to do 1200 flatout. I also do 20 sit ups every min for a hour strait for the same reason. I jog up to the mall and run back for a total distance of a mile. And I also do 10 dips a min for 30 mins strait and 10 pullups a min for 30 mins strait before I sleep. Plus my vertical workout on women which I try and do everyday but its usually about 4 days a week if that counts. And me and some friends and co workers all go to the local karate dojo and have a open house beatdown every other thursday. Where we beat the crap out of each other for about 2 hours fight club style with padded gear of course. My workout is something anybody can do and isnt really a severe drainer, but it keeps me in shape.

Old 08-15-2009, 11:53 AM
I run 3 days a week, and lift 3 days a week, and usually bowl 4-5 days a week as well (semi pro, I guess, as it pays for the car habit in the sig). Been doing the working out for over a decade. Enjoy how it makes me feel, but the biggest challenge is keeping it interesting. I am 33, FWIW. 6 1, 205#, give or take. When was 21, I was 250#. Made the lifystyle change.

Old 08-16-2009, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by Fitguy07
Drink tons of water, try to get in a gallon a day. Need I say more.

Eat lots of fiber - whole grains, fruits, veggies, nuts.

Make sure you take some kind of protein shake either pre or post workout. If your gonna take only one, make it a post workout shake for muscle recovery.

-Sean
Yeah I need to work on my diet more. I do however only drink water and the occasional juice. I hardly drink alcohol and gave up caffine and sodas about 3 weeks ago.