Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

I have a Fit, why would I want a Traverse?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 06:10 PM
I have a Fit, why would I want a Traverse?

Seriously WTF is up with the abundance of Chevy banners lately? A bloody waste of advertising trying to get clicks from a Fit forum...it's like a prostitute trying to get business in a church.

The Traverse ad bothers me particularly because it's falsely advertised...

I drove a Traverse today just to fill it up and it's a terrible overweight boat like every other SUV and the owner has been averaging 15MPG with almost all highway driving.
Did I mention it's slow as sh!t? My Fit is faster off the line starting in second half-throttle compared to flooring this tipsy tanker...acceleration mine as well be mail-order.
I thought people buy these gas guzzling tankers because of the supposedly abundant power to go with the size???

How can Chevy advertise so FALSELY these claims:
"BEST-IN-CLASS CARGO SPACE"*
"BEST FUEL ECONOMY OF ANY EIGHT-PASSENGER CROSSOVER"*

* Based on comparison with ONLY GM's own Mid-Utility Crossover Segment
What the hell kind of comparison is that?

I hate SUV's and the people that drive them.
Particularly the fact that SUV's are like some sort of lost fangled combination of different platforms for people, particularly men with lacking equipment or people just too fickle or just plain incapable of finding a suitable type of car. Gluttonous fools.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:37 PM
"Youngest FitFreak"(without a Fit)
5 Year Member
Hey dude, chill out. My mom drives a GMC Acadia, and we all love it. Sure it is big, but with lots of room for 7 on the inside, it should be. Sure the fuel economy is around 17, 18 mpg, but for something that huge, it is respectable. It has been trouble-free for the 9,000 miles, and it is a nice car; A lot better than our old minivan. You should think about others, and don't follow the sterotype that if you drive an American SUV you are a retarded fatass or something. Get over prejudice. It is a good car, I love it, and it was just what we needed (my mom, dad, sister, brother, and me, use it for trips to Disney and stuff). Don't let predjudice blind you.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:42 AM
Sure there are plenty of nice families that actually utilize a SUV's capabilities, and I'm glad your family has a suitable vehicle, I'm just saying that there are also plenty of stereotype road raging asshole SUV drivers in existence because I deal with them at least daily.

Hell, the owner of the Traverse is a single guy in his mid-life crisis which represents the majority SUV drivers that I am talking about...

Old 05-21-2009, 12:50 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I like the little tiny guys who drive the jacked-up pick-ups - they're like hobbits driving a semi. It never fails, whenever I see the BIGGEST F-250, sometimes dualies, it's a short guy getting out. Proving something, pal???

Old 05-21-2009, 01:05 PM
LOL, it's even funnier when they are small enough to be having trouble getting out the vehicle.

One time this F-250 was chirping it's tires throughout a parking lot before parking, when he parked I pulled up beside him and told him to grow a dick and stop acting like a faggot.

I swear to god he started to tear up, called me a jerk, and skidded out of the parking lot. I almost felt sorry for him.

Last edited by TekXoID; 05-21-2009 at 01:09 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:49 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member

I'd love to have been there! Poor widdle man!