Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

I've got a solution!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 09:57 AM
I've got a solution!

So here's my idea. The main problem and issue that is expressed when people talk about *** Marriage is the fact that the Christian Right, let's face the facts that they are the only one's opposing it, thinks that Marriage is only between a man and woman.

So here's the idea. *** people just need to come up with a new word for their unions that would be put into law and that specific type of union would enable them to have every single right that married couple have. You could make it a national law and/or state law. Then, the conservative right can't say anything because you're not technically married.

The main argument I've seen is that Marriage is between and man and woman in church. Ok, then what if they are not married but in a law abiding union that is subject to all the laws of marriages, and privledges, but just not called marriage. Everybody wins!

Yeah, that's my crazy thought for the day!

Can't think of a good name though.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:49 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

that's not as crazy as it sounds, i'd vote to pass that; a 'spiritual-union' of some sort

maybe it's because i'm so far left that i can't find any reason behind the arguments to the right but i really don't see what the big deal is to begin with. interracial marriage was illegal once and the supreme court overturned that law. i'm confident that once the g.ay marriage debate makes its was to the supreme court it will be judged the same way.