Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Help me pass my driver's license test!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 12:37 AM
CBX
Originally Posted by C-Fit
...this gives me about 3 weeks to practice...
Okay, I'm starting to zero in on this "undisclosed date" of your test!

Old 04-15-2009, 05:27 AM
i dunno about florida, but in CA, you have to look behind you on your right to check for bicyclists on a right turn. That is an automatic fail. that happened to my friend.

Old 04-15-2009, 03:33 PM
"Youngest FitFreak"(without a Fit)
5 Year Member
Forget it. I have to cancel my test. As soon as you get your license you HAVE to pay for insurance, and it's too much money. April 28th was the date of my test (one year after I got my restricted), but not anymore.

Old 04-15-2009, 03:48 PM
Ok. I have never heard of paying for insurance being mandatory. You don't even have a car, what insurance are you paying?!?

Listen carefully. The option you have if you don't have a car yourself, is to have your parents put your name onto their vehicle. It shouldn't be that much of am increase because you are not the primary driver of the vehicle, which is what insurance mostly bases on. Doing this, at least you are insured and can drove the vehicle if you need to. I did this for a while until I got my first car.

But as far as having to pay insurance as soon as you get your license is unheard of for me. There's no friggin car for you to insure onto :/

I really hope you didn't cancel your test yet.......

Old 04-15-2009, 03:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 1FiTpINOY
Ok. I have never heard of paying for insurance being mandatory. You don't even have a car, what insurance are you paying?!?

Listen carefully. The option you have if you don't have a car yourself, is to have your parents put your name onto their vehicle. It shouldn't be that much of am increase because you are not the primary driver of the vehicle, which is what insurance mostly bases on. Doing this, at least you are insured and can drove the vehicle if you need to. I did this for a while until I got my first car.

But as far as having to pay insurance as soon as you get your license is unheard of for me. There's no friggin car for you to insure onto :/

I really hope you didn't cancel your test yet.......
Well I'm not sure either. What happened was that my dad called the insurance company and said that I have to be insured (under his car at least). While I don't know if this is true, I have to think that if it is, there are other things that need tending to. My sister will be getting a car soon so that she can go to school (college), so they will have to pay for her car, her insurance, basically everything until she gets used to college and gets a job of her own. And remember that I am a sixteen year old boy, so isurance is much higher for me because they think that I will race or something (and I drive as if though I am a hypermiler/old lady). It's either that or my dad doesn't want me to start driving yet. I am not sure. Maybe he doesn't trust me or he just wants to make sure I don't get in an accident (and those videos of the Fit getting smashed doesn't help me get my long wanted Fit). I'm not going to cancel anything yet, but don't be surprised if I do.

Last edited by Chawee; 04-15-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:17 PM
it's a bummer. but it's understandable. just start saving your own money i guess.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:05 PM
You need to be insured (covered) to take the road test?
I don't get that C-Fit. Back when I was a kid ( ice age ) I used my fathers firebird. I did not personally have ins coverage (cause didn't own a car cause didn't have license ) but my father had his coverage of course which is all that mattered. His car..his ins.
I would look into that and not cancel the test.
Good luck!

Old 04-16-2009, 10:13 AM
CBX
C-Fit,

I am no insurance guy, but I think your dad has the story straight.

Any "driver" in the "household" is normally required to be added on to the policy of at least one household vehicle. If you have a license, they assume you are a driver.

You are also correct that a sixteen year old male is considered a high risk, and the insurance premium increase for that vehicle will not be insignificant. They consider you a significantly lower risk at age 25, or whenever you get married. Insurance company logic!

Continue staying on track at school, and everything else will work out for you.

K.

Old 04-16-2009, 05:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CBX
C-Fit,

I am no insurance guy, but I think your dad has the story straight.

Any "driver" in the "household" is normally required to be added on to the policy of at least one household vehicle. If you have a license, they assume you are a driver.

You are also correct that a sixteen year old male is considered a high risk, and the insurance premium increase for that vehicle will not be insignificant. They consider you a significantly lower risk at age 25, or whenever you get married. Insurance company logic!

Continue staying on track at school, and everything else will work out for you.

K.
Since when do you call me C-Fit? Don't you remember my name, KIRK?!?!?! Ha. Anyways, that is what my dad tells me, and if someone else knows of it, it's got to be true. Too much money, especially considering that I may not get a car until senior year (RAEG ).

Old 04-17-2009, 03:05 AM
CBX
Sorry, Charlie...

edit; ...Chawee!

Last edited by CBX; 04-19-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:08 PM
Banned
owwww charlie bit me!

yeah you have to be on your parents insurance....