Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Pretty touchy subject..

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 02:28 PM
lol it's true, both of the above posts

Old 03-29-2009, 05:45 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by it's pronounced iVTEC
oh, it's not a friend of mine lol, i jus told my friends i'm bi and some were glad cuz they pretty much knew all along and there were a few that were like lol omg wtf. but they're fairly redneck or religious (or both) and they're basically homophobic, but yeah.
Probably 2 weeks ago I admitted this also.
My parents were fine, Ive only told selected (3) friends. Guess once they read this they'll all know?

One of my friends was shocked, said he would have never guessed.
And Ive know him since my sophomore year of HS.

Old 03-29-2009, 05:53 PM
5 Year Member
i wouldnt care and dont think others should. i had a *** friend tell me he was into me before, it didnt change our friendship. it would be kinda an asshole thing to do to demand that a friend keeps their feelings inside and dont discuss them. friends are supposed to be there for one another.

Old 03-29-2009, 06:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by I Am Ray.
Probably 2 weeks ago I admitted this also.
My parents were fine, Ive only told selected (3) friends. Guess once they read this they'll all know?

One of my friends was shocked, said he would have never guessed.
And Ive know him since my sophomore year of HS.
thats cool man congrats

i just told my buddy today and he called me a liar and he told me to prove it haha he's just buggin tho

Old 03-31-2009, 06:24 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

i dance so i'm around the g a y community a lot. i don't like referring to them as if they're a separate group because they're really not. my closest friends are g a y and have admitted to being attracted to me but they respect my orientation (as i do theirs) and we're still friends - i find nothing weird about it.

i had a friend come out to me recently. i felt bad because he was so hard pressed, nervous, and worried about what would happen afterward. that day didn't make any of the previous days of our friendship any different, we're still best buds. i even hooked him up with one of my pals that i used to dance with

Old 03-31-2009, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by trancedsailor
Isn't that implied though? I dunno, even if a longtime buddy came out and wanted me, I'd still be his friend. Just wouldn't go beyond the occasional hetero hug
It's just that it could make you re-evaluate the entire friendship. It's the same as telling a longtime friend of the opposite sex that there's something else there. It could go either way. Something you want may happen but it could also go horribly wrong.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:52 PM
Ray I kinda knew man lol just wasn't sure. I'm cool with everyone because my sister is a lesbian and she's awesome.

I used to go to raves around NYC and a lot of dudes would talk to me when I needed to catch my breath and ask to buy me drinks and stuff lol

I guess I'll come out too. I 'experimented' with a guy before I was ever with any woman. I told a few people on my ship and of course now everyone knows and every now and then someone will say something like "your opinion doesn't matter since you're the only one here that has sucked a dick". I just laugh and say 'real mature' or something of the sort. Lots of people grow up not knowing wtf to do. I was a horny insecure teen without the ability to talk to women so naturally I did stuff with my best friend. Don't talk to him anymore though.

Wow I guess I just felt really open tonight for some reason lol

Old 03-31-2009, 06:53 PM
Mike I know what you mean. There's a longtime friend of the opposite sex in my life and I recently told her that I want something more because I feel so strongly for her, but she tiptoes around it all the time. I gave up trying to be more than friends, at least she's still cool with being friends.

Old 03-31-2009, 07:04 PM
Mike I know what you mean. There's a longtime friend of the opposite sex in my life and I recently told her that I want something more because I feel so strongly for her, but she tiptoes around it all the time. I gave up trying to be more than friends, at least she's still cool with being friends.
I try to avoid that though. There's a friend I have who ALWAYS makes friends with girls BEFORE telling them he likes them. I told him straight out he needs to stop that.

My main reasoning is even though they are "cool" being friends still the fact that someone said something and one person wants more will always hang over the relationship you have and how it will be from that day forward.

Of course, I have known some people who have come out openly and admitted they liked their "Straight" friend and been publically humliated only to have that same "Straight" person confide that they feel the same way.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:00 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Ray I kinda knew man lol just wasn't sure. I'm cool with everyone because my sister is a lesbian and she's awesome.

I used to go to raves around NYC and a lot of dudes would talk to me when I needed to catch my breath and ask to buy me drinks and stuff lol

I guess I'll come out too. I 'experimented' with a guy before I was ever with any woman. I told a few people on my ship and of course now everyone knows and every now and then someone will say something like "your opinion doesn't matter since you're the only one here that has sucked a dick". I just laugh and say 'real mature' or something of the sort. Lots of people grow up not knowing wtf to do. I was a horny insecure teen without the ability to talk to women so naturally I did stuff with my best friend. Don't talk to him anymore though.

Wow I guess I just felt really open tonight for some reason lol
You can never be to quick to judge. Specially since youve only met me once.
Anyone can assume as thats what EVERYONE does. Assume anything about everyone.

When you came to the Orlando meet, people thought you were weird and also ***. I just thought you were different and a little weird. Hahh. But I had already talked to you a few times, and met you once. I let it go.

Youre pretty cool. You just spend money on your Fit when its not needed.

The only real reason why I came out was I thought it would help me with my anxiety problems. I thought living a secret/lie was building up inside of me. Like I was worried about what the world, fam, and friends thought. So I let it out.

It really didnt help. :-/
Kinda... I havent really TALKED to people about it. I just told people.
Its still those selected 3 friends that know most of me and my problems.

I actually told a friend I was growing feelings for them. That friend kinda led me on, however he was joking. Yes, it sucked and kinda hurt but Id consider it a crush more than anything.
I dont think Ill be scaring him away or anything. I still talk to him regularly.

Last edited by Raaaaaaaaaay.; 04-01-2009 at 01:03 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:47 PM
Don't hide who you are. You should really embrace it.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:01 PM
5 Year Member
i know how you feel Ray, i kept it a secret for like 4 years lol, that's pretty hard to do with my friends. it didn't really make me feel any better that i told some of my friends, some understand and accept it but you'll feel alot better when they actually embrace it. even if they kind of knew, it's still a shock. so just give em time to adjust and time to embrace it and things will be alot better

Old 04-01-2009, 10:31 PM
Ray, Orlando people really thought I was weird and ***? I wonder why.

And I am quick to judge, but I have awesome intuition and I can usually figure people out quickly.

And I spend money on my Fit when it's not needed? But...you have more stuff than me on yours! What do you mean by that lol

Old 04-02-2009, 11:45 AM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by it's pronounced iVTEC
i know how you feel Ray, i kept it a secret for like 4 years lol, that's pretty hard to do with my friends. it didn't really make me feel any better that i told some of my friends, some understand and accept it but you'll feel alot better when they actually embrace it. even if they kind of knew, it's still a shock. so just give em time to adjust and time to embrace it and things will be alot better
Well, no ones changed how they act around me. Or so I havent noticed.
Im still the same person.

Adam, Im talking about you and your coil overs. Hahh.
You want to change them when theyre fine.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:00 PM
bah, I'm cutting a coil off the rears lol