Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Battlestar Galactica

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 11:52 PM
Why so serious?
5 Year Member
Battlestar Galactica

For one thing, FF.Net you are slacking! How can there not be a thread about Galactica?!?

Anyway, I really believe that years from now, people will look back at the body of episodes as a whole, and still marvel at what they accomplished.

By far, this is the most beautiful HD program I have ever seen. How they were able to make the space battle scenes, on a TV budget, yet make them rival large movie production quality, blows my mind. I guess it really shows how far CGI has come in a cost-to-quality ratio.

Seeing the original Centurions fighting side-by-side with the newer ones inside the Colony was a nice nod to the past.

And the resolution of the series is seriously going to take some deep introspective thought in order to completely comprehend.

One word: Starbuck.

I'm speechless.

Battlestar Galactica | SCIFI.COM

Old 03-21-2009, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member
All I can say is FRAKKING WOW!!! What a way to end the best science fiction show ever! I was on the edge of my seat for almost the entire series finale, Standing O!!! for all the writers, directors, and actors who seemed to have put their hearts and souls into making this series one that will never be forgotten. Those guys showed that a great series can have a great ending!!!

Goodbye Galatica, you will be sorely missed.
And yes i'm a BSG nerd

Old 03-22-2009, 12:07 AM
wdb
5 Year Member
Without a doubt the best series finale of any kind I have ever seen. Of course they are already advertising the spinoff. I can't wait!

Old 03-22-2009, 08:12 PM
yeah they have the best effects on all the series i have watched..

Old 03-23-2009, 08:31 AM
Definitely one of my favorite shows of all time. Roslin was always my favorite character (I fully expected her to be the final cylon). I loved the last 5min or so of the finale - great way to finish it off.

Old 03-25-2009, 12:08 AM
5 Year Member
Yay- more nerds on the site! I really liked how they ended this show. I've gotten into some other sci-fi series like Stargate SG-1 and Farscape. Sg-1's "endings" didn't really do it for me as well as I'd have preferred. It took Farscape 2 comic con's worth of fan support to get the ending we all needed back on the TV screen after it went off air.

Galactica was able to end gracefully and very well done without any resorting to a 2 hr episode after its actual final air date. The cylon vs cylon fighting, was neat, and funny when the 1.0 cylon was trying to punch out the 2.0 cylon, and then just got shot in the face when he switched form claw hand to gun hand.

Chief Tyrol really did have to choke a bitch. I was glad too, didnt like her after what she did to Calley. Wasn't too fond of Racetrack after the mutiny, but at least her death served a purpose in the finale. 7 nukes make cylon colony go boom.

All the characters seemed to serve their purpose. The president got them there and passed peacefully. Starbuck did her thing, and went wherever she beamed away to. The whole chasing Hera in the opera house finally played it. It was nice to see everything just come together at the end.

I'm glad I DVR'd that episode. I'll have to play it this coming Friday just to fill the void in my evenings now. I guess I'll have to get my fix of Galactica-ness from the comic shop, and at comic con this year. Anyone else from fitfreak going? comic-con.org If so, we can have a Honda Fit nerd themed photo shoot. haha.

Old 03-25-2009, 12:24 AM
5 Year Member
My wife and I got in to BSG just before the last season. Frakking great show! We would go through 2 discs per night getting caught up.

I wasn't really a big fan of the finale though. It all just seemed a little rushed. I would have liked to see a bit more on coming to the decision to leave everything behind. Oh well... still a great series.