Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Question About DEA Armarment

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 11:48 PM
Why so serious?
5 Year Member
Question About DEA Armarment

I had a question about the weapons that DEA agents carry/use. I was watching a marathon on Spike TV of that great reality show, DEA, and I was noticing all of the varied weapons they carry.

My question is this: Seeing them with tricked out AR-15s, various shotties, HK USPs, SIGs galore, S&Ws, you name it, it makes me wonder if they are just randomly assigned whatever weapons are available at the time from a stash of approved models, or do they get to choose for themselves from the stash, and/or do they have the ability to modify/build their very own pistols and long guns?

On a side note, the show is a hoot to watch. It's a never ending cycle of the following:

A - Surveillance
2 - Bust
D - Work Over
VIII - Flip
Eleventy - Rinse, repeat

Old 02-05-2009, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by Sid 6.7
I had a question about the weapons that DEA agents carry/use. I was watching a marathon on Spike TV of that great reality show, DEA, and I was noticing all of the varied weapons they carry.

My question is this: Seeing them with tricked out AR-15s, various shotties, HK USPs, SIGs galore, S&Ws, you name it, it makes me wonder if they are just randomly assigned whatever weapons are available at the time from a stash of approved models, or do they get to choose for themselves from the stash, and/or do they have the ability to modify/build their very own pistols and long guns?

On a side note, the show is a hoot to watch. It's a never ending cycle of the following:

A - Surveillance
2 - Bust
D - Work Over
VIII - Flip
Eleventy - Rinse, repeat
You Southerners and your guns! Too bad I live in CA

Old 02-08-2009, 01:15 PM
it think it differs on what's assigned and what's the situation..