Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Ashley Scott Murder Trial

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 10:39 AM
Why so serious?
5 Year Member
Ashley Scott Murder Trial

You guys might want to follow this trial as it unfolds.

Newspaper articles concerning the case:
Murder trial to peer in Scotts' doors : Local News : Memphis Commercial Appeal
Jan. trial set for husband accused in wife's death : Local News : Memphis Commercial Appeal
Jury selection begins in Scott trial : Local News : Memphis Commercial Appeal
Doctor tells Scott jury of finding wife beaten, near death after argument : Local News : Memphis Commercial Appeal

Here is an incredibly detailed blog of the currently ongoing trial:
http://commercialappealblogs.com/scott-trial/

One of the reasons is because of who the trial is going to end up involving.

Allegedly, Jeff Scott murdered his wife on Thanksgiving Day 2 years ago.

Allegedly they got into a heated argument while drinking and it turned physical. Mr. Scott allegedly beat Mrs. Scott until she was unconscious, then dragged her body to the garage where she lay for 24 hours. After 24 hours in the cold garage, he dragged her still unconscious body into the master bedroom and called a friend to come "check her out, because I couldn't get her to wake up".

Upon arriving the friend found her brutally beaten body on the bedroom floor and called 911. The paramedics arrived to find her dead.

The rumor is that the reason for the heated argument and fight was a text message set to Mrs. Scott from a man she was allegedly having a relationship with.

This man allegedly asked a close friend in the MPD to help him out, the day her body was found. He asked that officer to go to the house and delete any and all text messages in her cellphone that came to or from him. Allegedly the officer snuck over and into the crime scene and deleted the messages.

Allegedly, then the man contacted another close MPD friend who was a detective in homicide, to try and strike a deal with Mr. Scott for a lesser charge than Murder 1, with the hope of avoiding a trial, where testimony would come out about his alleged secret affair with Mrs. Scott.

The man who is alleged to had been having the affair with Mrs. Scott is a married man who lives one block away from the Scott's house in Cordova.

If you wish to know the identity of the man involved in the alleged affair with Mrs. Scott, then please hit "ctrl+a".

Larry Godwin, Memphis Police Department, Chief of Police

Old 01-15-2009, 02:31 PM
woah what a story.. and good trick btw on the crtl+a thing...

Old 01-15-2009, 02:40 PM
5 Year Member
As a Memphian, I'm really not all that surprised. I think it's a bad thing when I come to expect this sort of corruption =[

Old 01-15-2009, 02:46 PM
Why so serious?
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cojaro
As a Memphian, I'm really not all that surprised. I think it's a bad thing when I come to expect this sort of corruption =[

Was that you headed East bound on Poplar yesterday near Ridgeway at lunchtime, when I was pulling out onto the street?

Old 01-15-2009, 04:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sid 6.7

Was that you headed East bound on Poplar yesterday near Ridgeway at lunchtime, when I was pulling out onto the street?
Sure wasn't =\ I was in class till 1:50pm.