Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Valentine's Day

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 03:50 PM
Red face Valentine's Day

OK guys & gals....what's everyone here doing for their significant other this year????

I just dropped $90 at the florist!!! Usually I wouldn't spend that much on roses...but since I won't be able to see my fiance on V-Day due to a week long company sales meeting, I figured I better do something!! :-)

So let's hear it...who are the romantics here?

OR

Who's lonely and bitter...or WITH someone and bitter!! :-)

I think it's funny how some people are anti-Valentine's Day while others
(like myself) find it mandatory to celebrate.

How many people here think V-Day is a corporate scam devised by Hallmark to increase business????? :-)

Old 02-09-2006, 03:42 AM
I used to celebrate V-Day when I had a significant other, spending outragous amount on "Hallmark's" Day. I came to realization that I would have more money than what I have now if I wasn't in a long term relationship for 11 years(1 for 5 and the other for 6). Been single now for 3 years and I'm enjoying every single moment, finally got to experience single life since I missed out for 11 years. But for now, I'm just dating and when I'm ready to get involved again, I sure know what to expect.

Old 02-09-2006, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by sr20jet
I used to celebrate V-Day when I had a significant other, spending outragous amount on "Hallmark's" Day. I came to realization that I would have more money than what I have now if I wasn't in a long term relationship for 11 years(1 for 5 and the other for 6). Been single now for 3 years and I'm enjoying every single moment, finally got to experience single life since I missed out for 11 years. But for now, I'm just dating and when I'm ready to get involved again, I sure know what to expect.
I hear ya...I wish I could get back the money I spent on some past relationships...but hey, it seemed like the right thing at the time.

Old 02-09-2006, 05:37 PM
Roses are beautiful but I prefer a gift that lasts - like diamonds

One year I received vanity licence plates for my new car. What a great surprise that was!

Old 02-09-2006, 05:40 PM
Sorry, I should mention that not all women would welcome custom plates as a Valentine's Day gift. However, I far prefer them to the meat grinder I received one year

Old 02-10-2006, 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by burm
Roses are beautiful but I prefer a gift that lasts - like diamonds

One year I received vanity licence plates for my new car. What a great surprise that was!
Haha...ya roses can get pretty dull over time. Last Valentine's Day I proposed and gave my fiance a diamond engagement ring. There were no expectations of out doing that gift this year!! :-)

Old 02-14-2008, 06:00 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
I don't do roses. So I got my wife Tulips, 10 red...one white. This is our 11th year of marriage.

Then I ran to Coach and got her a little somethin somethin. Tonight, maccaroni grill for eats.

After dinner, back to the gym...then she said she's gonna rape me

ps, this is the only year we have done anything for Valentines. Not really our thing. One year can be an acception i guess out of 13 years together.

Old 02-14-2008, 06:04 PM
5 Year Member
I got my boyfriend a Spoon Sports shirt, and since their colors are yellow and blue I got him yellow roses and had the tips painted blue I thought it was a cute idea hehe

Old 02-14-2008, 06:06 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by gimme
I don't do roses. So I got my wife Tulips, 10 red...one white. This is our 11th year of marriage.

Then I ran to Coach and got her a little somethin somethin. Tonight, maccaroni grill for eats.

After dinner, back to the gym...then she said she's gonna rape me

ps, this is the only year we have done anything for Valentines. Not really our thing. One year can be an acception i guess out of 13 years together.
MAJOR +rep to you. That was a great search feature use. Bring up a two year old V-day thread instead of a new one. Awesome man

Tyler

Old 02-14-2008, 06:40 PM
Wow, didn't even notice the dates, good job.
As for V-day, I couldn't be with my Fiancee today, and she has school tonight, so I scattered the gifts around the house this morning where she would find tham as she woke up. The bad part is I wrapped her up in a heart patterned quilt from Cracker Barrel, and she didn't even notice it when she woke up, just went to get the coffee. She saw the other gifts though. She tells me she can't wait to see the quilt when she gets home though.

Old 02-14-2008, 06:49 PM
last year i got a little heart shaped box and cut little heart about 2 inches big and on them i put our little insidejokes/places weve been/important dates/cute things for us on them and put them in the box with a teddy bear hugging it. i cried like hell when he went through it. couldnt help it. haha

this year just cards and a stuffed monkey (call him my little monkey) and chocolate covered strawberries

Old 02-14-2008, 06:57 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL
MAJOR +rep to you. That was a great search feature use. Bring up a two year old V-day thread instead of a new one. Awesome man

Tyler

wow i wish i was half the smart ass you are.

boy, i guess when i am searching in hopes of valentines sales i look at the dates. my life is over as i know it

Old 02-14-2008, 07:04 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by gimme
wow i wish i was half the smart ass you are.

boy, i guess when i am searching in hopes of valentines sales i look at the dates. my life is over as i know it
Umm...I wasnt being a smart ass i was being serious. But umm..ok?
If you havent noticed we try to not have re-posts of the same topic on the forum. We like to see people bring back old threads instead of making a repeat topic. What you did is a great example, so yeah i really plus repped you bro.
My forum "smart ass" days are behind me lol

Tyler

Last edited by TOOL; 02-14-2008 at 07:11 PM.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:07 PM
Me and my girl don't celebrate this pathetic sham of a holiday by spending money on each other.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:10 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
my GF and I were just gonna do a movie and dinner, BUT we had an unexpected surprise and now Im a daddy......... Heres my lil son.....

Bought it for my gf.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:13 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
my GF and I were just gonna do a movie and dinner, BUT we had an unexpected surprise and now Im a daddy......... Heres my lil son.....

Bought it for my gf.
Haha!
Awesome lil dog. What kind?

Tyler

Old 02-14-2008, 08:19 PM
5 Year Member
We don't celebrate V-day - it's just made up by the media and everything. I feel sorry for the guys who have to buy something for their girlfriends just because it's 2-14 and they get mad if you have nothing for them *lol*
I prefer giving (and receiving) presents on other dates, when I know it is because he loves me and not because it's some stupid V-day...

Old 02-14-2008, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com

Bought it for my gf.

AAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhh! What a cutie!

Old 02-14-2008, 10:07 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
Umm...I wasnt being a smart ass i was being serious. But umm..ok?
If you havent noticed we try to not have re-posts of the same topic on the forum. We like to see people bring back old threads instead of making a repeat topic. What you did is a great example, so yeah i really plus repped you bro.
My forum "smart ass" days are behind me lol

Tyler
sorry man. i took it the wrong way....as i seem to do more often than not

Old 02-14-2008, 10:32 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Haha!
Awesome lil dog. What kind?

Tyler

hes a teacup chihuahua

Quick Reply: Valentine's Day