Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

How have you felt when selling your car?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 06:23 PM
5 Year Member
How have you felt when selling your car?

So yea, I just purchased a vbp mt sport yesterday. But getting the Fit means one major thing. I have to sell my first car, a 93' LeSabre...might not sound amazing or anything, but yea, it's my first car and I love the thing and if you've sat in one you'd know why Selling it isn't a problem I guess it's just I want the next owner to love it as much as I did/still do, and not just abuse it I guess. I hate withdrawls and getting rid of stuff if I know I am, just the way I am I guess. I had plans for the car, but I live in ND and it's been a MN car most of its life which means rust...a nice amount. The frame actually rusted through in one area. And that means a new car in my mind. I'm getting about $2k for it mostly cause the stereo in it and it's mileage(94k).

But yea, have any of you just felt bad/not wanted to sell a vehicle?

Old 07-20-2008, 09:30 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Ive had my Mazda for almost 7years now. Its my first car. Im ready to get rid of it now. For a whole year I was debating on selling it or not. I did and then I didnt.

Im ready now. However I dont know how Im going to feel when the buyer shows up ready to take the keys. :-/

Old 07-20-2008, 09:42 PM
5 Year Member
i had a minivan that went through the siblings before it got to me...i hate it, trans blew twice...hated the car only thing i missed about it was the memories i had with it.

Old 07-20-2008, 11:15 PM
5 Year Member
Yea, I need to sell the lesabre...I sorta want to, but when the guy that's getting it asks me when I'm gonna sell...lol, I always stretch the time out Didn't help when he drove my car for a lil' test drive. He just got his license and stuff but that kid seriously needs to learn how to drive and/or pay attention. Wish I could sell it not locally so I wouldn't see it around town :/
If only the frame wasn't beginning to rust through or else I'd garage it at my dads/uncles farm and work on it an get which means airbags lol. Everything's gotta go regardless how much you love/don't want it to.

Old 07-21-2008, 12:22 AM
When I got my Fit, I traded my 97 Accord EX-R for it. I didn't mind, It was old, long on miles. Had demons. When I saw it on Craigslist being sold for thousands more than it was worth I was furious. Not because I felt ripped off, because some ass was trying to take advantage of someone who knows nothing about cars.

Old 07-24-2008, 03:12 PM
Well, I just got rid of a 91 CRX and a TC. So i know exactly how you feel about not wanting to sell a car(the CRX of course). Girlfriend and family was bugging me big time about safety and practicality so I finally gave in and sold the CRX.

I think thats what made me buy the fit,because it feels pretty similar to the CRX. I ended up liking the Fit so much, I sold the TC as well. lol

Old 07-30-2008, 02:41 AM
5 Year Member
i sold my '88 CRX SI to help fund the down payment for my fit, sadly i needed something more reliable.

but that CRX was so damn fun and i miss it to this day. and the stories, my god the stories!!! like how i got it for free, it was my first car, had a swapped out engine and was missing the passenger seat and the driver's seat was mounted in with wood "brackets" lol. but i actually really miss that SOB.

someday when i'm rich i'll find another one and fix it up

Old 07-30-2008, 11:17 AM
i was happy and dissapointed (at the same time) when i sold my EG6 - 92 Civic Hatchback.
Sad because i never got to finish my project/ plans for it. (never started as a matter of fact)
Happy because i got more than i paid for it.

I still miss it. I hope to get another one in the near future and finish my plans.

Old 07-30-2008, 11:21 AM
5 Year Member
I occasionally miss my WRX. I like the Fit more overall, but I really miss putting my foot in it and feeling pushed back in my seat. plus the slower steering of the WRX was really nice on long highway drives.