Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Global Warming a Hoax?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 11:48 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Global Warming a Hoax?

Ok, I know what you are thinking. the good old Oil Industry has finally got to me and brainwashed me into some kind of a mindless zombie

Actually no! What you don't believe me? Well here it goes....

Anybody remember "El Nino"? If not, it is a warming phenomenon that occurs in the pacific ocean ever so many years that is blamed for lots of erratic weather around the world. Recently meteorologists have said this phenomenon has not reseeded for a good number of years in a row (like 7 or 8), although unusual now that it has finally gone away this year they are warning people to expect a return to normal weather that you used to have 7 or 8 years ago. Also a return to temperatures world wide that are the same or below average. In fact, they are suggesting that the world is now cooling rather than warming talk about a 180 on the issue. Anybody that speaks out against "Global Warming" is being shunned and their reputation is dragged through the mud.

This is coupled with the fact that NASA recently was found to have been falsifying global temperature data!

Another thing that is bizarre is the US has put polar bears on the endangered list.... yet the premier of Nunavut has said new data supports that the polar bears have more numbers than the past 5 years. Global warming is the culprit!

What is going on!! The word on the street is the global climate will be COLDER this year than it has been for 50 years.

Old 05-23-2008, 12:01 AM
This was being touched on a few months ago by local news stations across the nation, but "disappeared" from news casts after about 3 days of coverage. I've been saying this for about a year now, but nobody listens to what i have to say so i stopped bringing it up. I have no PHD or masters degree or anything of the nature in meteorology so people assume i am making it up, which to an extent i am by only judging by my observations and pulling up weather archives from the internet, but still proof is proof. The concept of global warming is understandable, but not 100% correct IMO. I do believe that changes still have to be made for the environment, but i do not agree with some theories associated with "Global Warming".

That's all for now. I will hear more opinions before posting again, but rest assured, i am SUBSCRIBED.

Old 05-23-2008, 10:22 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
I somehow thought this would be a hotter topic

Well even I know that billions of cars each pumping tons of emissions into the atmosphere is a bad thing.

However the point is more that I think we are being mislead about what is really happening.

Old 05-23-2008, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
I somehow thought this would be a hotter topic
100% Troof.

I thought this was going to blow up.

Old 05-23-2008, 11:43 AM
5 Year Member
The earth is slowing warming up. Why? I believe there is a multitude of reasons.

Part of it is sunspots. The more sunspots, the hotter the earth, though only by a small amount. It does make a difference though.

I know that in the 1600's, the river Thames would freeze over completely. It hasn't done that since the late 1700's. Also, I remember from my history that, I think it was 1811 that was a particularly harsh and cold winter.

Right now we're in the minimum of the sun's 11-year cycle, so temperatures here on Earth won't be as warm as they have been. But do expect things to warm up from here on out.

Old 05-23-2008, 12:01 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Well, this ties in nicely with that theory...

Climate change hits Mars - Times Online

Old 05-23-2008, 12:44 PM
Banned
I think its safe to say that there are cycles that the earth goes through and we only have a history of the climate and an acurate way to track it going back so far. To say that the earth has never warmed up or cooled down before is a ludacris statement.

Old 05-23-2008, 01:27 PM
More than you ever wanted to know.

Roy W. Spencer: Global Warming and Nature's Thermostat

Old 05-24-2008, 01:24 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
hey sweet link, lots of info there. Rep points for you!

Old 05-24-2008, 02:29 AM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
believe me, i really hope its not true, but i watched freaking al gore's movie and he turned me.

Old 05-24-2008, 03:09 AM
Originally Posted by kyle.
believe me, i really hope its not true, but i watched freaking al gore's movie and he turned me.
OK, I'll be the one to say it; Al Gore doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

Old 05-30-2008, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
hey sweet link, lots of info there. Rep points for you!
Cool. Thanks.

Old 05-30-2008, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member
And we had more snow this year then we've had in Colorado than in the last 50 years. I believe it is an environmentalist hoax and now you get to pay 4.00 a gallon for gas because of it.

Old 06-02-2008, 02:00 AM
Wink

Originally Posted by Stevens24
And we had more snow this year then we've had in Colorado than in the last 50 years. I believe it is an environmentalist hoax and now you get to pay 4.00 a gallon for gas because of it.
The following statement is made by a person with no college degree or actual proof. It is made about how he feels things are getting screwed up.

The $4 gas is for and because of the war. If we are really spending as much money as they say we are for the effort over there, then, the money has to come from somewhere. It is much easier to put it under a blanket, like gas tax, then it is to make everyone vote and agree on it.

As for "Global Warming" That is just a hippy phrase for the sky is falling!! We have technically been in a global warming trend since the end of the ice age!! We are, as a population, always looking for the next band wagon. Then we ride it until it dies, resurrect it and ride it again. Nothing like being a bunch of sheep!!!

That is all folks, carry on.

Old 06-02-2008, 09:42 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by tItAnIuM
The $4 gas is for and because of the war. If we are really spending as much money as they say we are for the effort over there, then, the money has to come from somewhere. It is much easier to put it under a blanket, like gas tax, then it is to make everyone vote and agree on it.

I never really thought of it like that...My perception was that since the terrorist attacks on 9/11 didn't deter our economy the way that they wanted, they have hit the oil companies in the middle east with threats of some sort to jack up our prices. Doubling our fuel costs is a surefire way to **** our economy that depends on transportion and other energy driven ways.

Old 06-02-2008, 12:13 PM
Its True... I havent exactly been following the candidate race as closely as i should have been, but i watch c-span daily for some reason... and i have yet to hear the PERFECT campaign slogan... about lowering gas prices... i dont believe anyone promises that because they really dont think they can... FINALLY, Truth from some prez possibles

Old 06-02-2008, 10:05 PM
J_L
5 Year Member
I think Cojaro has a pretty good answer, the Sun is obviously the main driver of Earth's temperature. Sunspots have alot to do with the cloud cover, lotsa spots, less clouds, no spots more clouds. Although the jury's out on the current solar cycle, right now the sun is spotless when it should be starting to get the "pox". It hasn't. I plucked this off the net "The current solar minimum will likely be in August-November 2007 with cycle 24 peaking in 2011 or 2012." So we are almost a year behind schedule for this cycle. The last time the Sun went spotless for an extended period (years) we had the "little ice age". Of course you don't hear this on the news or read it in your paper, why is that?

And here is another little tidbit...the CO2 percentage in the atmosphere is 0.035%. Thats right 3.5/10ths of 1%.

Here is todays solar image in visible light...

Let the flames begin

Old 02-26-2020, 09:24 AM
I used to think the fuel burned by citizens private vehicles was an issue.
Until i Joined the Navy.
Look up how much fuel the U.S. Military Burns.
You will be surprised.

Old 02-26-2020, 11:19 AM
5 Year Member
:facepalm:

This thread hasn't been bumped in TWELVE YEARS.

Old 02-26-2020, 02:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sneefy
:facepalm:

This thread hasn't been bumped in TWELVE YEARS.
Is there not a timed thread lockout on this forum? There are so many threads here that these noobs (<20 posts) have resurrected against God's will.

Quick Reply: Global Warming a Hoax?