Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

losing pets sucks

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 01:18 PM
5 Year Member
Unhappy losing pets sucks

so on april 10th i had to put my (almost) 14 year old austrailian cattle dog to sleep. which was complete hell.

now today my little pet mouse died.

i am sad

Old 05-20-2008, 01:46 PM
Retired Moderator
Im super sorry to hear this....Yes losing pets does suck.

When i was 12 me and my friend were playing catch in my back yard with my 1yr old pomeranian chasing us and jumping around, welll my friend accidently threw the ball at the dogs head, killing my beloved puppy. He died in my arms....It was the worst.....

Tyler

Old 05-20-2008, 01:54 PM
Unhappy

Sorry for your loss... a pet is more than a pet.. it's part of the family.
~Rob

Old 05-20-2008, 05:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gofastredfit
Sorry for your loss... a pet is more than a pet.. it's part of the family.
~Rob
thank you, even if she was just a wee little mouse she was still adorable.

Originally Posted by TOOL

When i was 12 me and my friend were playing catch in my back yard with my 1yr old pomeranian chasing us and jumping around, welll my friend accidently threw the ball at the dogs head, killing my beloved puppy. He died in my arms....It was the worst.....

Tyler
that sucks so much, i'm sorry to hear that

Old 05-20-2008, 05:35 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry to hear all that, I know it may sound cheesey but if and when my dog dies im gonna lose it. She's kinda like a little stinky kid.

Old 05-20-2008, 06:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Illmatic07
Sorry to hear all that, I know it may sound cheesey but if and when my dog dies im gonna lose it. She's kinda like a little stinky kid.
that's how it was with my doggie. we got her when i was 10 after we'd put my other dog down, and she was totally my baby.

then a little over a month ago, she basically had a seizure and we couldn't let her go on like that. so we were expecting her to go, but not then, and not like that.

i was trying really hard to prep for it, but no matter how much you do, it still hurts like hell.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:14 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Sorry about you pets.
My dog is around 11yrs right now. She has arthritis and shes having troubles walking around. She gets tired real easy too.

IDK what to do when her time comes? I love her so much.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:14 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by TOOL

Tyler
Thats horrible!

Old 05-20-2008, 07:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
Sorry about you pets.
My dog is around 11yrs right now. She has arthritis and shes having troubles walking around. She gets tired real easy too.

IDK what to do when her time comes? I love her so much.
that's how molly was too. but even at the end, she was still trying really hard to run around, her body just wouldn't let her.

i actually found a website called Petseverlasting Pet Loss Community,Rainbow Bridge,Pet Bereavement,Memorial Pet for people that are grieving the loss of a pet. it's been a bit of a comfort.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:35 PM
5 Year Member
On the dog with arthritis, there's a product called MSM, that gave one of our dogs a couple more quality years. She went from limping around the house to acting much more like a puppy fairly quickly.
We had an aussie that got cancer, and we had to put him down on my birthday. That was definitely not my best year ever.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:59 PM
Fred is a dog that we rescued. He's 14 now & if Bob Marley was a dog he'd look like Fred IMO. He's a mutt.....w/ black dreads (if we don't trim him). He's got arthritis & a heart murmur (that's affected my allergies). So we give him aspirin so that he can climb the stairs to the deck when he goes outside, and benedril (spelling?) for his allergies.
We also have Bear he's a pom-american Eskimo. (Cyndi's dog).... and Emily (she's my little girls grey rat---very sweet believe it or not).
~Rob

Dogs & RATS FTMFW!

Old 05-20-2008, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member
i love mice and rats. they're so much nicer than hamsters, i've had a couple hamsters before and they just get mean and bitey when they get older. never had any other rodents, personally.

i've had a few mice and they've always been so sweet, and have never bitten me.

Old 05-21-2008, 06:40 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by pip_rocks
that's how molly was too. but even at the end, she was still trying really hard to run around, her body just wouldn't let her.
Thats how my dog is. And at times, he you scare her and make her move too quick while shes sleeping she lets out the worse screams.
Its weird as she never does it for me. Only my parents or brother. I guess she knows I wont harm her in any way. Where my parents sometimes trip over her.

Originally Posted by EXWRX
On the dog with arthritis, there's a product called MSM, that gave one of our dogs a couple more quality years. She went from limping around the house to acting much more like a puppy fairly quickly.
I may have to check this out. Thanks.

Old 05-21-2008, 06:47 PM
5 Year Member
I weep for any pet loss, even if its a goldfish. Loss is loss. Sorry about your pet dog and mouse. I remember all my past pets with fondness, even the ones that were questionable. (damn parrot bit everyone, even me, but was still my pet )

Old 05-21-2008, 07:10 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Sorry to hear about your dog and mouse - it is hard losing a beloved pet. Back in 1997 we lost our 28 year old quarter horse mare that we had owned since she was 8, due to complications from old age. Then before the month of September was over my 10 year calico was diagnosed with kidney failure and had to be put to sleep too. It was almost more than you can bare to lose two animals in such a short period of time. My cat Thomas is 18 years old and looking his age. He still runs around the house and plays but most of his time is spent sleeping in the sun. I found him on the interstate and he was ran over by 3 cars but never got touch. He was around 4 weeks old and I love him alot. Here is his picture:

Cat :X

Old 05-22-2008, 02:04 AM
Man im sorry to read this.

One of my dogs died almost the exact same time. The middle of last month. Ive lost alot of pets but it was strange because he was only 8 and seemingly completely healthy. But then one night last month about an hour after I left my parents house he just collapsed and had kind of whatever a dogs equivelant of a stroke is and was instantly disoriented, half blind and partially paralyzed. we found him walking in circles into walls with his tounge hanging out. I slept with him on the floor all night while he pissed on me, holding him down so he didnt freak out. Next morning we took him to the a special vet where they found that he had a brain tumor and excessive amounts of cancer through his entire body. We put him to sleep an hour later.

Ive had similar situations with a dog living to be very old and slowly deteriorating and its very difficult to watch. On the other hand to have a dog like this that i think is fine and then all of a sudden the next day hes gone was alot more difficult for me. But i think it is better for him. I like to think of the Neil Young quote that "its better to burn out than to fade away" And its definitely fitting of his personality. We always called him a "man in dog suit" cus he was definitely a member of the family and he knew it.

Anyways, sorry about your pets. Good thing you have the loving support of the fit freak community

Old 05-22-2008, 07:59 AM
Jsnatch,
I know how that feels, & am truly sorry. When we lived in Seattle, we had a mini-schnauzer that was always high strung, she'd get so excited that she'd hyperventilate. One day she had a stroke that made her completely paralyzed. (She had gotten a "clean bill of health" but found out later that she had some sort of cancee) We had to have her put down. It was a very sad day for my family. Although we will all eventually lose a pet, at least we have memories of the time we got to spend w/ them, and are a better person for it.

~Rob

Old 05-22-2008, 08:01 AM
Originally Posted by Cat
Sorry to hear about your dog and mouse - it is hard losing a beloved pet. Back in 1997 we lost our 28 year old quarter horse mare that we had owned since she was 8, due to complications from old age. Then before the month of September was over my 10 year calico was diagnosed with kidney failure and had to be put to sleep too. It was almost more than you can bare to lose two animals in such a short period of time. My cat Thomas is 18 years old and looking his age. He still runs around the house and plays but most of his time is spent sleeping in the sun. I found him on the interstate and he was ran over by 3 cars but never got touch. He was around 4 weeks old and I love him alot. Here is his picture:

Cat :X
That's one lucky kitty-cat to have made it w/o getting hurt!

Old 05-22-2008, 08:34 AM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!

this thread makes me sad.
i hate losing pets

Old 05-22-2008, 07:19 PM
Merchant / Group Buy Organizer ( non-certified )
im getting sad reading these posts....

sorry about your loses everyone

Quick Reply: losing pets sucks