Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Grand Theft Auto 4

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 01:35 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Grand Theft Auto 4

Grand Theft Auto is out! Who else geeked out and went to a Midnight Launch party, I did and it sucked, but I got my hands on a special edition and the swag is really nice.

I actually work for R* and the swag we get at work is always quality stuff and I was surprised to find that the swag in the SE kit are the same high quality stuff, the duffle bag rules and the lockbox is sweet!

I played a bit of the single player last night and then jumped into a game of multi-player. There was a big gun battle on some random road and it was very "heat" like IMO I was flanking up the sides ducking behind cars and cover until the other team had no idea what the hell hit them from the side... me some girl in a rainbow coloured sweater The chaos of cars and people shooting from cars is pretty fun.

Old 04-29-2008, 02:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by smatts
I actually work for R*...
Nice! I tried to get a job at Tiburon back in 2000 and 2001 as a tester for the Madden football franchise while I went to college for computer engineering.

Old 04-29-2008, 02:09 PM
5 Year Member
i downloaded mine few days ago lol. its awesome

Old 04-29-2008, 02:36 PM
Retired Moderator
I want to get it today, i may have to run to target and grab it.

Tyler

Old 04-29-2008, 03:13 PM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
..........waiting till i get out of work to pick it up

Old 04-29-2008, 03:15 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
i have stock in rockstar so everyone buy this game!!!! hehehe

i am deff going to get this game after work! then for the next 24 hours, i will only respond to the name "nikolai"

Old 04-29-2008, 03:19 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
i have stock in rockstar so everyone buy this game!!!! hehehe

i am deff going to get this game after work! then for the next 24 hours, i will only respond to the name "nikolai"
We should play online tonight, Nikolai lol.

Tyler

Old 04-29-2008, 04:45 PM
Retired Moderator
Just picked it up!
Mmm great fricken game so far, i have done a few little missions. Good stuff. GTA has came a loong way!

Tyler

Old 04-29-2008, 04:57 PM
Got it reserved.... can't get it tonight, though >>> got to go to class tonight & the game store will be closed by the time I get out.

Old 04-29-2008, 09:59 PM
5 Year Member
friend told me he got it and he said all he has done is watched the t.v. in the apartment haha he hasn't really even gone and done anything like missions or what not haha

Old 04-30-2008, 06:30 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Yeah you can watch tv, call people on your cell phone, go on dates to comedy clubs or out to eat... lots of stuff to do besides the missions.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:08 PM
Retired Moderator
If any of you guys are into cheats haha, check out GameSpot:Video Games PC PlayStation 2 Xbox 360 Wii PS3 GameCube PSP DS GBA PS2 PlayStation 3, they are already loaded with cheats!

Tyler

Old 05-01-2008, 08:47 AM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
just played it last night........freakin awesome

republican space rangers FTW!!!!

Old 05-01-2008, 10:51 AM
5 Year Member
What in the holy hell did I just get myself into??!! This game is a giant time sink!!! This is one of those games where you sit down, play, next thing you know its friggin 2am and you have to go to work in a few hours!!

Good game so far.

BTW did I miss something or does the game only run at 720p? I was hoping for 1080p support like GT5, so I was just wondering...

Old 05-01-2008, 10:58 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by FITrunner
What in the holy hell did I just get myself into??!! This game is a giant time sink!!! This is one of those games where you sit down, play, next thing you know its friggin 2am and you have to go to work in a few hours!!

Good game so far.

BTW did I miss something or does the game only run at 720p? I was hoping for 1080p support like GT5, so I was just wondering...
Did you finally pick up a PS3??? If so congratz man! How are you liking it?
Yeah it does waste time haha, so far i have 9 hours of game play, most of that time is just spawning helo's with cheats and stuff haha.

Tyler

Old 05-01-2008, 11:13 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah man its pretty impressive. The whole city thing is just nuts. I just really need to pace myself or I'll be sleeply and cranky for the next few months everyday at work.

Haven't really gotten into the cheats yet, just trying to explore and run a few missions. So far the Jamaican guys like me in the game as I do their missions.

Oh yeah I killed myself on a motorcycle last night because I didn't know how the controls work. (didnt read instructions) Apparently you cant do a backflip on a bike off a small parking block without getting hurt...badly.

Oh yeah I also went bowling. Thats actually pretty realistic as I suck in real life at it, and apparently I suck at bowling in video games too.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:15 AM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
yeah
wii bowling is easier

it's amazing how complex the game is already and i just started

Old 05-01-2008, 11:16 AM
Retired Moderator
lol the Jamaican guy is awesome. If you get on his good side, you get cheaper weapons! Lots of stuff you can do, darts is fun as well and the Cabaret Show is weird haha. Pool is hard as hell, the aiming system blows and the accuracy is terrible. That stupid dotted line is useless! It's sweet how you can just start exploring everywhere and aren't locked in an area like some of the previous games.

Build your rapport with as many people as you can. I'm on Roman's good side, so I can call and get a cab whenever I want to take me wherever I want now

Old 05-01-2008, 11:19 AM
Retired Moderator
Yeah man Pool is extremely hard, i went to play pool with two people in the game and they both PWNED me so bad hhaaha. Ill get it down though.

I love spwaning the helo and go as high as it can go over water and jumping out and watching Niko fall haha, its hilarious, and it never gets old!

Tyler

Old 05-01-2008, 11:20 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by TOOL
Yeah man Pool is extremely hard, i went to play pool with two people in the game and they both PWNED me so bad hhaaha. Ill get it down though.

Tyler
I wish it was more realistic haha...darts is much easier!

BTW, anyone figure out what you get from Michelle if you are on her good side? So far nothing other than Nico gets some action after you go on a date.

Quick Reply: Grand Theft Auto 4