Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Grand Theft Auto 4

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 11:13 AM
5 Year Member
So after reading this post and hearing other ppl about the game...I decide to pick up the copy and after 5 hour of playing and only 4 of sleep dam...GTA 4 is sweet....I mean the last GTA game i played was vice city and I only finish 75 % of the game...hahaha

P.S. 360 FTW hahahaha

Old 05-04-2008, 12:50 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
yeah man, i really want it!

Old 05-05-2008, 12:43 AM
i got it the night it came out i think its awsome one game that get me away from play World of Warcraft >.<

Old 05-05-2008, 09:13 AM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL
I think its the PS3 not the game.

Tyler

no it's the game

Old 05-05-2008, 09:16 AM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mugen_Dom
Soooooooo....i decided to see what all the hype was about and was hoping I wouldn't get disappointed like I did with COD4, so i bought myself a copy of GTA4 today and I've got to say that I'm pretty pissed off right now.

I have a 60GB launch PS3 and the game doesn't even start. I past the installing onto the HD and then i get a black screen with 'Starting a new game' in the bottom right hand corner and that's it. I can quit the game via the PS button, but when I do, it causes the PS3 to reset itself...

This blows....I spent over $60 on a game that I can't even play....

Smatts, get back into work and fix this!!!!

here try this:
this is from gamespot.com
here's the link
idk if it's gonna work but it's worth a try
Take-Two suggests PS3 GTAIV fix - PlayStation 3 News at GameSpot

Reports of Grand Theft Auto IV freezing up have been circulating message boards since the game's launch Tuesday, but Rockstar Games has been tight-lipped as to the reason or the remedy, passing off requests for public comment onto Sony. While the majority of complaints appear to be coming from PlayStation 3 users, Xbox 360 owners with glitch-ridden game experiences have also voiced their frustrations online.
Take-Two representatives may not have been willing to go on the record about the issue, but the publisher's tech support team does not have the same luxury when it comes to customer complaints. An inquiry into the Take-Two tech support site yielded the following array of suggestions on how to fix the problem. The 12-part response follows below:
Please run through the following, go through in order.
1) Delete the game's install data. This is done via the PS3 options. Scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Game' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Game Data Utility' Enter this and locate the GTA IV option. Highlight this and press triangle once, from the menu select Delete. This will delete the game's install information.
2) Delete the game's save files. To delete any save files you will need to do the following. Scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Game' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Save Data Utility' Enter this and locate the GTA IV option. Highlight this and press triangle once, and from the context menu select Delete.
3) Disable your Internet connectivity for the PS3. To do this scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Settings' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Network Settings'. Now scroll down to the Internet connection option and press x, now select the disable option. Once this has been done unplug the ethernet cable if you are connecting to the Internet if using this.
4) Disable the console's information board. To do this scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Network' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Information Board', highlight this and press triangle. From the menu select 'Do not display' Press X to confirm this.
5) Disable Media Server functionality. Scroll to Settings, now scroll up / down to 'Network Settings' select Media Server connection. Once this has been done press triangle and change the option Disabled.
6) Delete all of the system's Internet cache. To do this scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Network' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Internet Browser', highlight this and press X. Once you browser opens press the triangle button once, from the new menu highlight the 'Tools' option and press X. Scroll down the menu until you reach 'Delete Cookies' and press X. Confirm the files deletion. Repeat this for 'Delete Cache'.
7 ) Turn off the PS3 screen saver. Use the cross media bar to scroll to 'Settings', select 'Display Settings'. Now highlight 'Screensaver' and set this to 'Do not use'.
8 ) Once this has been done, manually restart you PS3 by holding down the power button for 5 seconds it will beep once and then shut down. Release the power button and re-press it and hold for about 5 seconds. The system will then boot and reset all display settings. You will be prompted to reset your display settings to how you require them.
9) Once restarted please try the game again, you will be prompted to reinstall.
Once the game has started please turn off the following features:
1) The game's auto-save. Press Start, Game, and locate the Auto-save option. Turn this off.
2) Turn off the game's flicker filter. Press Start, Display and locate the Flicker Filter option. Turn this off.
3) Turn off the controller vibration feature. Press Start, Controls and locate the vibration option. Turn this off.
If that doesn't solve the problem, Take-Two allows tech support users to reopen their cases within seven days.

sorry to see someone whose gta4 isn't working
-Ricky

Old 05-05-2008, 09:19 AM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by azncarbos
So after reading this post and hearing other ppl about the game...I decide to pick up the copy and after 5 hour of playing and only 4 of sleep dam...GTA 4 is sweet....I mean the last GTA game i played was vice city and I only finish 75 % of the game...hahaha

P.S. 360 FTW hahahaha

It's great isn't it?

lol btw you drive a japanese car....have a japanese username....have a japanese name in your sig and you support the american xbox 360

stick to your roots son!
PS3 FTMFW!

Old 05-05-2008, 09:23 AM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
wow this game is getting harder
i'm on the third island and
i spent almost a whole night trying to beat the 'snow storm' mission
pain in the arse

oh and michelle....i wont give out any spoilers

illusive: how far are you man?

-Ricky

Old 05-05-2008, 09:47 AM
Retired Moderator
Haven't played much, just finished the part where Dimitri turns on you. Now in Bohan in the new safe house.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:10 AM
5 Year Member
Damn you guys are fast lol. That or I just take my sweet time (slow). I just off'd Vlad. So that's pretty much where I am.

I also ran into the game freeze thing, I just reinstalled it an run the game in its native 720p...I was running it at 1080p and figured since its native res was 720p, possible hardware scaling might be an issue, be it with the TV or the PS3. So far its been working fine. If it happens again, I'll revisit that list above. UGH.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:20 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by GD3-Fit
wow this game is getting harder
i'm on the third island and
i spent almost a whole night trying to beat the 'snow storm' mission
pain in the arse

oh and michelle....i wont give out any spoilers

illusive: how far are you man?

-Ricky
Thats DEF. a hard mission haha.

Tyler

Old 05-05-2008, 11:20 AM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FITrunner
Damn you guys are fast lol. That or I just take my sweet time (slow). I just off'd Vlad. So that's pretty much where I am.

I also ran into the game freeze thing, I just reinstalled it an run the game in its native 720p...I was running it at 1080p and figured since its native res was 720p, possible hardware scaling might be an issue, be it with the TV or the PS3. So far its been working fine. If it happens again, I'll revisit that list above. UGH.
yeah i already got 14/15 hours of gameplay in
some of the people in the story are nuts

i hope that setup keeps working for you man

-Ricky

Old 05-06-2008, 10:28 AM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
geez after yesterday this game is getting kinda hard
the health bar goes so fast when your in a gun fight and you're trying to reload
and it sucks if you crash on a bike it takes like 3/4 of your health bar and that's if you don't get run over then your dead

-Ricky

Old 05-06-2008, 10:49 AM
man this game is so long iv been playing like none stop since launch and im only like 45% LOL sucks

Old 05-06-2008, 05:38 PM
Retired Moderator
lol I heard Snow Storm is the hardest mission by far...

Old 05-06-2008, 05:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GD3-Fit
It's great isn't it?

lol btw you drive a japanese car....have a japanese username....have a japanese name in your sig and you support the american xbox 360

stick to your roots son!
PS3 FTMFW!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

nah...... I'm xbox guy...plus I'm not Japanese too. I'm Vietnamese.

Old 05-06-2008, 05:50 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
The other day i had the most epic freaking death ever! it was sick. after a shootout with the cops, i was riding a moped on this bridge, got hit head on by a cop, flew OVER the beams of the bridge and landed in the water. 2 seconds later the cop car falls on me and kills me. dumb pigs.

Old 05-06-2008, 05:50 PM
5 Year Member
dam you guy are far ahead.....I been taking my sweet ass time and check out the sights. lol

Old 05-06-2008, 06:03 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by REXXXXXXXXX
The other day i had the most epic freaking death ever! it was sick. after a shootout with the cops, i was riding a moped on this bridge, got hit head on by a cop, flew OVER the beams of the bridge and landed in the water. 2 seconds later the cop car falls on me and kills me. dumb pigs.
Haha that sounds sick!

Tyler

Old 05-06-2008, 06:09 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by azncarbos
dam you guy are far ahead.....I been taking my sweet ass time and check out the sights. lol
so am i. im only at 1 or 2 missions after you whack vlad. I love doing stunts and having massive shootouts with the popo and trying to escape with 5 stars. Its kind of like Need For Speed Most Wanted except with guns... and nice cars .

Old 05-06-2008, 06:18 PM
wtf I'm gonna kill Vlad?

Niicee.

stillthinksaintsrowisbetterthough

Quick Reply: Grand Theft Auto 4