Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

my sour experience with icb/jdmland.com

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 01:23 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
my sour experience with icb/jdmland.com

ok so I want start off saying I've bought from icb motorsports/jdm land before and they have provided me with excelent service before but after what happened today, I don't think I will ever buy from them again. I called icb a few weeks back asking about the fit badge with the red dot. they said they had it in and they were going to put them up on the website by the end of the day. a week later, still not up. I called them back and they said that it would be better to order it online once it is up. so another week passes, still not up. today, three weeks later, I called them with a list of about ten things including wheels (an order that would have been about $3000) and I asked him first about the badge before I gave him my list. he said to me on the phone "honestly, I don't have time for this". made me really angry. I don't think I will ever buy from them again. why can't more vendors be like a&j racing? even when ben has zero time, he always hs time for his customers. other vendors should look to them for a role model on how to do business.

Old 04-18-2008, 01:26 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
It is RARE that i order anything online that is not local to me so I can pick up personally. The ONLY place I order online is AJ-Racing. Ben has helped me especially these past couple weeks with a few HARD to come by items. Props to Ben... wheres his screen name so I can rep him lol.

Old 04-18-2008, 01:35 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
It is RARE that i order anything online that is not local to me so I can pick up personally. The ONLY place I order online is AJ-Racing. Ben has helped me especially these past couple weeks with a few HARD to come by items. Props to Ben... wheres his screen name so I can rep him lol.
yea but you live in the mecca of aftermarket part for imports. if I lived down south an had the opportunity to pick everything up locally, I would. I guess some places don't value their customers

Old 04-18-2008, 01:49 PM
Retired Moderator
The worst thing you can say to a customer is "I dont have time for this", what an idiot, ive never bought from them and dont think i will.

Tyler

Old 04-18-2008, 02:02 PM
yeah i had a bad experience with them too...after a week, they decided to finally ship my red emblems. didn't reply to my e-mail either :-/

Old 04-18-2008, 02:12 PM
Banned
That settles that, thanks for the headsup. Ben has been great, hell I'm still waiting on stuff and he's been nothing short of an amazing customer service rep for AJ.

My $.02 I recently had trouble with Panducky, ordered a Mugen shifter which was out of stock, they said it would be about a month, ok, no problem, but they wouldn't respond to emails and when I finally got the shifter it wasn't even shipped through them. Only reason I bought from their website apposed to buying from kingmotorsports was the $10 shipping difference.

Sorry to thread jack...

Old 04-18-2008, 02:31 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jeffquach
yeah i had a bad experience with them too...after a week, they decided to finally ship my red emblems. didn't reply to my e-mail either :-/
yea, im sure if i told him i was about to spend 3 grand, he would have had time for me. but its the principal of the matter. they dont have time for me, i dont have money for them. simple as that. it shouldnt matter if i was going to spend 5 dollars or 5 thousand dollars. i would have been happy with him saying "let me take your number and i will call you back". rude people piss me off like no other.

ben has helped me out with parts that i didnt even buy from him. direct quote from ben "if you have any other problems or questions, call me back and i will help you out" you cant find a better shop or nicer people than a&j. major props to them. but lets not turn this into a "i love aj" thread. i started it as a "fail on icb/jdmland" thread.

Old 04-18-2008, 03:49 PM
sorry to hear it! those words are the WORST you can EVER say to ANY kind of customer!...the WORST!

Old 04-18-2008, 08:42 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jscooter
sorry to hear it! those words are the WORST you can EVER say to ANY kind of customer!...the WORST!
yea seriously, it sucks because i have principles not to buy from them now even though they have some parts and wheels that are really hard to find. oh well. ill stick to my guns

Old 04-18-2008, 09:32 PM
5 Year Member
join the club, when i ordered my mugen visors and red H emblems, everything was supposed to be in stock , turns out i have to call them a week later to find out whats up since i paid for 3 day shipping, and they tell me they dont have them in stock and didnt order them until like week after i ordered them, then they had to wait for king motorsports to order them from japan, i was like i could have ordered them myself from king ms, but figured i would get them along with the emblems at the same time to make it easier, and the price was right. anyway 3 weeks later i get them and one of the emblems is damaged, so i call them and they tell me i would have to wait until they got approval from ups to replace it, im like the box is in perfect condition and i even sent then pictures of everything at thier request, and it was quite obvious that the emblem was damaged before they placed it in the box. finally another week later they tell me they will ship a new one out. i recieved it and never did buisness with them again.
i got my red dot emblem along with my df210 from robearracing, good prices and service....so far. sorry for the long post, but i had to share.
p.s. kelsodeez
check out memoryfab for rare jdm wheels as well, if thats what you wanted from jdm.land.

Old 04-18-2008, 10:44 PM
Ben always has time for us. Yes he replies to emails and PM slow but he always has time when you call. I had trouble putting in my T1R Short Shifter last night so I emailed him, it was too late to call. I got 2 emails back from him this morning. He even asked his Mechanic to give me a call to fix my problem, which he did but I was in class at the time. I called him back after I got home and in an hour I got the Shifter in.

I ordered my emblems from ICB and had no problems but I ordered it online. If I called in it may have been a different story.

Saying what they guy said over the phone is not acceptable when YOU are trying to buy from them. Yea your order might be $80 this time but next time it may double. Word of mouth travels a long way especially a bad one; I guess some people still don't know that.

Old 04-18-2008, 11:19 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Im in a similar (worse) position as you. I bought a lens for my camera weeks ago. I was sent the wrong lens, I specifically said "NIKON CAMERA." The lens I have is for a Pentax.

Not only does it take about 3 days for the people to respond to one email, each day that goes by I have to email them to remind them I sent them an email.
Ive asked for a phone number, I havent received one. Last info I got back was that the lens needed to be shipped back. If they cant answer emails why on earth would I ship back a lens without getting my new one first!?

And the lady cant spell worth shit.They arent even out of the country

Old 04-18-2008, 11:22 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
Im in a similar (worse) position as you. I bought a lens for my camera weeks ago. I was sent the wrong lens, I specifically said "NIKON CAMERA." The lens I have is for a Pentax.

Not only does it take about 3 days for the people to respond to one email, each day that goes by I have to email them to remind them I sent them an email.
Ive asked for a phone number, I havent received one. Last info I got back was that the lens needed to be shipped back. If they cant answer emails why on earth would I ship back a lens without getting my new one first!?

And the lady cant spell worth shit.They arent even out of the country
What place is this? Sounds HORRIBLE..

Tyler

Old 04-18-2008, 11:28 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Haha, well, its a company off Ebay. I shouldnt expect too much. Ive delt with many Ebay members, if somethings wrong Ive always had it fixed within a week. Its going on 3 weeks now.

What I found funny, she wanted codes off the lens to determine why it didnt fit. I looked it up before and found out it was a Pentax lens. Its listed as a K lens, not an N lens.

After I replied with the codes she said: "Just talked to the company (bull, its a Russian lens) and I was told some Pentax lenses were shipped out in Nikon boxes. Ill need the lens back."

My reply:
"Then explain the same code on the box? Its the right lens in the right box, YOU just sent me the wrong one."

Maybe I hit a nerve there? Since that one I havent had word back.

Old 04-18-2008, 11:53 PM
What lens did you buy? I wouldnt buy my camera stuff from Ebay. I bought my 55-200mm lens from Amazon. I was pretty pleased with it.

Old 04-19-2008, 12:09 AM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
My lens isnt all that common. Zenitar Fisheye, I went cheap as Im still learning. Its a Russian lens and people were saying for the price it works great.
I got the lens ASAP, just its the wrong one. Hahah!

Old 04-19-2008, 12:32 AM
5 Year Member
sucks about the lens
as for ICB, ive done business with them many times directly online and also over the phone. They have always been very helpful and shipment has always been quick and packaged nicely. Its sad to hear that you had a bad experience. Hearing that makes me second guess their customer service. Even though I have had nothing but positive transactions with them, it sucks to hear that they would say something like that. If they want to be more successful, what better way than great customer service as it would open up more business through referrals.
As for AJ, ive never done business with them but with all the great things I am hearing im sure that will change shortly!

Old 04-19-2008, 11:11 AM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Ive really never had a problem with ICB. Granted I havent bought anything from them in a while, only right when I bought my Fit.
Got everything fast with no problems.

However, Ive tried to buy rims from them before. They dont seem to give me the time of day. If they want to pass on someone ditching $1000+ for wheels, screw them.

Ive bought many things from previous vendors on here, many arent around anymore. Only people I havent had problems with is Aspec and AJ. Most of the time Apsec doesnt have what I want in stock. AJ is just awesome, my last purchase was taking a while to process my card threw. My bank kept declining it due to the cost and their location.

Took a few days to get everything settled. Anytime I called, Ben was there and he was very patient. Probably because he wanted the large sum of money I was willing to fork over.

Old 04-19-2008, 11:54 AM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Wow, I don't know what ICB / jdmland is, but that sounds like they don't want any business. If you don't have time for selling small things like badges why stock them at all. Fracking jackasses.

Old 04-19-2008, 03:10 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by smatts
Wow, I don't know what ICB / jdmland is, but that sounds like they don't want any business. If you don't have time for selling small things like badges why stock them at all. Fracking jackasses.
thats what im sayin! its one thing to be lazy and not update your website with new parts, its another thing not to give people the time of day when they call them up and want to order

Quick Reply: my sour experience with icb/jdmland.com