Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Off Topic Discussion definition...

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 08:39 PM
5 Year Member
Off Topic Discussion definition...

The moderators need to update the definition of "Off Topic Discussion" because, "Discuss anything that pleases you here." doesnt seem to apply... By the way, I did not post my camera for sale in the "For Sale/Want To Buy/Classified Ads For Used FIT Items".

I am not trying to be rude, but if you are going to have different Forums with definitions of what you can do in them, at least make sure they are up to date.

Thanks

Old 04-16-2008, 09:21 PM
Retired Moderator
You can not sell any NON Fit related items on FitFreak.net.
Discussing and selling are two diffrent things.

Tyler

Old 04-16-2008, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member
Then that needs to be specified in the Forum Description... oh and I havent SOLD anything.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:31 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by 07TaffetaFit
Then that needs to be specified in the Forum Description... oh and I havent SOLD anything.
Let me re-word that-
Discussing and ATTEMPTING to sell something are two diffrent things.

Im just doing my job enforcing the rules man. I dont write the desriptions or make the rules.
Try eBay and craigslist though bro, you will have a better chance at selling anyway.

Tyler

Old 04-16-2008, 09:35 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
07TafettaFit - I would suggest PMing a admin asking for a misc sale forum. I have brought up the idea, but it was shot down. Maybe if more members would PM them about it they would do it.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:03 PM
sam
Super Moderator
No to random sales

Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
07TafettaFit - I would suggest PMing a admin asking for a misc sale forum. I have brought up the idea, but it was shot down. Maybe if more members would PM them about it they would do it.
I vote against selling non-fit items. Off topic is for group members to talk about other stuff- kind of a social thing

Selling junk (anything non-fit related just detracts from the board. IMHO

Old 04-16-2008, 10:06 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by sam
I vote against selling non-fit items. Off topic is for group members to talk about other stuff- kind of a social thing

Selling junk (anything non-fit related just detracts from the board. IMHO
Ive thought about it for a while and i agree with you on that.

Tyler

Old 04-16-2008, 10:20 PM
5 Year Member
Oh man, I tried so hard not to respond to this because I have had this issue before. I agree with both sides. I would hate to see the Off Topic Discussion, or FitFreak.net for that matter, turn into a bazaar, BUT I would love to be able to have a place within the forum where fellow FitFreakers could help each other out as a last resort. We are supposed to be a community and as such be able to assist in things non-Fit related.

And I still don't see anything in the rules that states that it is forbidden to sell/buy non-Fit items.

I am not arguing. I am just being observant.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:24 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
i say we start a "sell your misc. stuff" thread where anyone that has something to sell can post in there. if anyone posts a whole new thread just selling one thing, the thread will be deleted and they will be directed to the "sell your misc. stuff" thread. that way people get to sell stuff and the board doesnt get clogged up with useless threads. of course its all up tothe mods if they wanna start that.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:29 PM
5 Year Member
Take a picture of your Fit and leave it stored in the camera,TA-DA your camera is now Fit related.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:32 PM
5 Year Member
I PM'd FaceYogurt about this. I will let you know how they respond.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:21 PM
None of my business but i wanted to chime in none the less. haha. I have a feeling that admin will shut the idea down based on the principle that this is a car forum and yes many members on here would prob have no problem buying other products from members besides car stuff but then if a sale goes bad or something happens then FF is involved on a non car item and it would make things much harder to deal with. Im not saying its a bad idea cause i wouldnt mind picking up used stuff from members and all but i just dont think admin would ever allow it. Just my thoughts.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:34 PM
5 Year Member
all the forums ive been related to.

we all have had PARTS classified(related to the vehicle)

and a misc classifieds(ie tickets,tvs,shoes)

i highly recommend we get this.

this could benifit all, instead of using craigslist and stuff.

we are such a close community. i trust most people on here, i believe we all have good judgement.

honestly if you sell someone something that is bad without letting the other party know, you will get flamed. i know we try to keep it away, but thats just life.
if i buy something bad from someone and they said it was in "ie mint condition,great condition" then i will let everyone and there pets know that i would not ever buy and let anyone else buy from them again. i treat people with intent of getting treated the same.

give it a chance.

Last edited by SD_MR_FIT; 04-16-2008 at 11:37 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:46 PM
Retired Moderator
Im not for it, like i said before.
We would get too much garbage and usless clutter that no one will be intrested in. I had a misc. sales section on one of the car forums that i ran in the past. I ended up taking it down for the reasons i just stated.
There are sites for selling misc. things already-Ebay, Craigslist are two very main sites that you can sell your items on. Or try a forum for the item that you are trying to sell. I sold a wakeboard on a wkaeboard forum, and a few RC cars on a RC car forum. Works like a charm.
I just really see it as usless clutter here on FitFreak.

Tyler

Old 04-16-2008, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member
i guess.....if you put it that way haha.

really though...understandable.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:31 AM
I see both sides, and have my own opinion (what else would you expect from me? lol). I know for a fact that some people can get a better price on specific items than others, and i also know that some people sell their things for a better price than others. That being said, consider this: A friend is looking to buy a universal remote. You are selling a universal remote. Do you give him a good deal because he is your friend or charge more because you have a history with the person and know how to get more out of them? -You give them a deal-

Same principal with forums. People develop an odd sort of friendship on forums, and learn what kind of a person they are by their attitude and willingness to contribute. The wonderful rep system helps establish a public knowledge of the person's intellect and character. In addition to that, you can easily do a search on the seller to find out their knowledge on the product they are selling or at least see if they have any grasp on the said concepts.

I guess all i am saying is a friend is more willing to help a friend, and a reputation goes a long way. When you are buying/selling items both of those things go a long way.

on the other hand I would not want to moderate the "other sales section" either. lol

/rant

Old 04-17-2008, 03:37 AM
Kinda off subject, but still relevant....

There should be a standard header that is to be included in ANY sales page.

ie.

Name: John Doe
City/State/Country: Kenosha, Wi. USA
Contact info: PM me or Email @ JDoe@etcetcetc.com
Items being sold: 1988 Cutlass Supreme
Quantity available: 1
Price: $1800.00 (US)