Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Best Buy (So Cal)

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 11:29 AM
5 Year Member
Best Buy (So Cal)

Just wondering if any of you folks work at a local Best Buy. Was looking to get a TV and see if I can get any deals. If not, no biggie.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:35 AM
Retired Moderator
I think even if someone did work at Best Buy they could not give you any discounts.. My friend works at Best Buy and i asked her if she could hook me up with a deal on a camera last week, and she said only she gets discounts... It Sucks lol.

Tyler

Old 04-16-2008, 12:41 PM
5 Year Member
Not necesarly cause I always got discounts from my firend at Best Buy, but yet again things probably changed now.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL
I think even if someone did work at Best Buy they could not give you any discounts.. My friend works at Best Buy and i asked her if she could hook me up with a deal on a camera last week, and she said only she gets discounts... It Sucks lol.

Tyler
Hehe need to have her to buy the camera for herself then. The you buy it off her. The discount thing varies from store to store though, I worked in retail years back, was just hoping for someone local. No probs, I'm in no rush. I figured maybe some of the students and fellow Fit Freaks around my area worked at Best Buy. If I was a student I would, granted id be broke because id spend all my money on crap, but thats another story.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:56 PM
Retired Moderator
Im actually looking for a job now. My friend(the one that works at best buy)tried to hook me up with a job there, i filled out an app. and she talked to the Hiring Manager, nothing has came of it yet lol. I would love to work there though!

Tyler

Old 04-16-2008, 03:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL
Im actually looking for a job now. My friend(the one that works at best buy)tried to hook me up with a job there, i filled out an app. and she talked to the Hiring Manager, nothing has came of it yet lol. I would love to work there though!

Tyler
A friend of mine along with me have applied at best buy numerous times iwth no luck good luck to you. ps. i hate how the hire the people with no knowledge and then leave the ones with knowledge hanging/rant

Old 04-16-2008, 04:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SpoonSportFit
ps. i hate how the hire the people with no knowledge and then leave the ones with knowledge hanging/rant
Thats because they dont want to pay you more. Brains/experience = more money, also more likely to leave when something new comes along, which means the money they spent to train you just went out the window. Retail usually wants simple people and simple pay....usually anyway.