Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Game Emulators?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 06:42 PM
RDS
Game Emulators?

Does anyone here use any game emulators? I'd like to find some that would work on my Playstation 2 (haha, I'm so behind the times ) but I dunno how to do it or where to look. I wanted some old Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo games like Streets of Rage 2/3, Super Mario World, F-Zero, Metroid, maybe Excitebike, Battletoads/Double Dragon (k, not really, lol), that kind of stuff. Any suggestions? I found some that work on PC, but I my laptop is in the bedroom and I'm lazy so a PS2 emulator would rock. lol

Thanks.

Old 04-11-2008, 06:46 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by RDS
Does anyone here use any game emulators? I'd like to find some that would work on my Playstation 2 (haha, I'm so behind the times ) but I dunno how to do it or where to look. I wanted some old Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo games like Streets of Rage 2/3, Super Mario World, F-Zero, Metroid, maybe Excitebike, Battletoads/Double Dragon (k, not really, lol), that kind of stuff. Any suggestions? I found some that work on PC, but I my laptop is in the bedroom and I'm lazy so a PS2 emulator would rock. lol

Thanks.
wish i could help. ive never ran an emulator on a ps2. i had a ps one emulator on my psp but new firmware kicked my ass and i was too lazy to upload custom firmware. i had a nes and snes emulator on my last smartphone which was kickass! nothing beats playing mike tysons punch out while you dont have shit to do. and the most recent emulator i installed was on my macbook pro. i have a sega genesis emulator on it and i use an xbox usb controller to play. if you need any help with that stuff, you got it

Old 04-11-2008, 06:52 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
btw, how would you even load an emulator onto a ps2? no usb ports and no internal memory.

Old 04-11-2008, 06:57 PM
RDS
lol awesome. I just did a quick search and found this Zophar's Domain: Emulators for Playstation 2

I dowloaded the PGEN and it says I can upload the PGEN from the PS2 memory card and the ROM on a CD-rom, which would probably make more sense than trying to load a ROM from the memory card. I have no clue how to make a boot CD for the PS2 but I'll look it up.

EDIT: to answer your question, here's what the PGEN says:

PGEN can be placed on a memory card and be loaded via Macrus R Brown's exploit. Without going into much detail, this will allow you to use PGEN on a completely un-modified PS2 without the need for a swap trick or similar. In order to load PGEN via this exploit, you must prepare a special save on your memory card (which will show up in the browser screen as "Your System Configuration"). You can use PGEN as your BOOT.ELF. For more information on setting up this exploit, please see 0xd6.org. PGEN will allow you to load rom files stored anywhere on your memory card. It is recommended that you place your roms in the same directory as the PGEN elf file, as when a memory card is selected from the PGEN romlist it will default to the directory on the memory card where the exploit data is stored (usually BEDATA-SYSTEM or similar).

Last edited by RDS; 04-11-2008 at 06:59 PM.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:07 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by RDS
lol awesome. I just did a quick search and found this Zophar's Domain: Emulators for Playstation 2

I dowloaded the PGEN and it says I can upload the PGEN from the PS2 memory card and the ROM on a CD-rom, which would probably make more sense than trying to load a ROM from the memory card. I have no clue how to make a boot CD for the PS2 but I'll look it up.

EDIT: to answer your question, here's what the PGEN says:
thats pretty rad. i would have never thought to run the program from the memory card and the rom file on a cd. i dont understand how the system can read the boot.elf file off of the memory card without booting up in the ps2 first to read the memory card. interesting. ive been wanting to put an emulator on my ps3 but if i brick it, im screwed. damn you jdm ps3 and your lack of overseas warranties!!!!

Old 04-11-2008, 07:17 PM
RDS
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
thats pretty rad. i would have never thought to run the program from the memory card and the rom file on a cd. i dont understand how the system can read the boot.elf file off of the memory card without booting up in the ps2 first to read the memory card. interesting. ive been wanting to put an emulator on my ps3 but if i brick it, im screwed. damn you jdm ps3 and your lack of overseas warranties!!!!
You have to use the Marcus R Brown exploit on the PS2. I'm gonna go try it all out. wish me luck. haha

Installing Ps2 Independence.

Old 04-11-2008, 08:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
btw, how would you even load an emulator onto a ps2? no usb ports and no internal memory.
I should stay away from this, BUT here pics of my ps2. I'll let the pics to the talking, any more info you guys need to PM me.

Name:  DSC05886.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  46.0 KB
Name:  DSC05868.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  39.1 KB

I didn't post here .