Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

The official rant and rave thread. haha

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 09:32 PM
The official rant and rave thread. haha

Alright well i havent seen an official bitch and complain thread on anything in here so i figured what the hell. I wanted to start this thread on posers but it can be used on pretty much anything you guys want to gripe about. My gripe is of a MR fit i saw this morning while i was at walgreens. It was bone stock except for tint and was covered in skunk2 stickers. I know enough about skunk2 to know that if you dont have suspension, exhaust or a cool shift knob with a SS then all you have is engine beautification mods or magnetic drain plugs. Its not my business to hate on anyone but i hate to see a car that is something that its not. This is an example of stickers being abused imo and is my first gripe of the "official rant and rave thread". Thanks for your time.

"EDIT" This thread is for rant and raves on anything but fellow members. My intentions in this thread are good but dont let this get out of hand guys and gals. I have had to many threads locked for shenanigans in the past.

Last edited by jdjohnson9; 03-18-2008 at 03:36 AM. Reason: adding info so i can hopefully stop anything bad before it happens.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:46 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
stickers give more HP than the mods themselves you know
lol
and yes = grr

Old 03-17-2008, 10:18 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by billmus86
stickers give more HP than the mods themselves you know
lol
and yes = grr
+1 on that! i hate cars with too many stickers. if you have a manufacturers sticker visible, you should be sponsored by them. otherwise, take that shit off!

you know what really grinds MY gears? other peoples lack of respect for their own cars and other peoples cars. i saw a girl in a super nice s class amg open her door and slam it into a really nice wrx. i could see the dent she left, i walked over to her and told her that if she doesnt leave a note on the car, i will leave one with her license plate. and she told me to get a life. i yelled "GET SOME SELF RESPECT YOU DUMB BITCH!!!!"

Old 03-17-2008, 11:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
+1 on that! i hate cars with too many stickers. if you have a manufacturers sticker visible, you should be sponsored by them. otherwise, take that shit off!

you know what really grinds MY gears? other peoples lack of respect for their own cars and other peoples cars. i saw a girl in a super nice s class amg open her door and slam it into a really nice wrx. i could see the dent she left, i walked over to her and told her that if she doesnt leave a note on the car, i will leave one with her license plate. and she told me to get a life. i yelled "GET SOME SELF RESPECT YOU DUMB BITCH!!!!"
dude i see that all the time down in Newport Beach where lil rich white girl disrespected other car that are "lower class" then their...

To add my share...I really hate guy who put on body kit...that would made you sick to the stomach...or what the f%$k where you thinking when you were buying....

Old 03-17-2008, 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
Women drivers: Cant live with them, the end!

No offense to the women that actually can drive well. I'm mainly talking about the snooty bitches in trucks and SUVs that also sometimes go too deep in chatting on their cellphones. I have a special four letter word that I like to use to describe them.

Old 03-18-2008, 02:22 AM
Haha. Great posts guys. The body kit one gets me too. I hate it the most when they put the kit on and its still primered. Why put the kit on if you dont paint the damn thing first? Whats the deal with that

Old 03-18-2008, 11:59 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jdjohnson9
"EDIT" This thread is for rant and raves on anything but fellow members. My intentions in this thread are good but dont let this get out of hand guys and gals. I have had to many threads locked for shenanigans in the past.
I was about to go off too lol

Old 03-18-2008, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
I was about to go off too lol
Haha. With all the crap going on with members not getting along i dont want my thread to get locked cause i could easily see this thread being a target for flaming each other. I just hope that for once i have a good thread that doesnt get locked but i give it 3 days and it will get out of hand. haha. Im just trying to cover my tail so when the shit does hit the fan i can sit back and watch the banning or thread locking from a safe distance. haha.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:27 PM
5 Year Member
My short rant spills over from the motorcycle community. Very few Harley riders respect sport bike riders and vice/versa. I see the same thing in cars with the Import vs Domestic thing. "Why can't we all just get along?"

Oh, and right on about the people who just don't care. People who open their car doors into other cars should be HUNG! Makes me want to drive to their house in my truck and "ding" it. Like crush in the side...just a bit

Old 03-18-2008, 01:30 PM
5 Year Member
yeah regarding the imports vs domestics thing that really pisses me off at times. Once i was driving home from school and there was this mustang behind me, i guess he saw my Soshinoya badge and JDM Honda Emblems so he drives besides me yells JDM SUCKS BITCH! and goes off cutting me off with loose gravel flying behind his car. ughh

Old 03-18-2008, 01:34 PM
Retired Moderator
Haha. With all the crap going on with members not getting along i dont want my thread to get locked cause i could easily see this thread being a target for flaming each other. I just hope that for once i have a good thread that doesnt get locked but i give it 3 days and it will get out of hand. haha. Im just trying to cover my tail so when the shit does hit the fan i can sit back and watch the banning or thread locking from a safe distance. haha.
Most FitFreakers are well behaived.

One thing i hate..Door dingers! I hate when people in parking lots swing there door into other cars leaving a dent in the side of a persons car. Thats one of the most careless, disrespctful things a person can do, and it happens all the time. If it was a "accident" leave a note on the car you dented with your info so you can handle it accordingly. It drives me nuts! Thank god i dont have one on my Fit yet..!

Tyler

Old 03-18-2008, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by GAFIT
My short rant spills over from the motorcycle community. Very few Harley riders respect sport bike riders and vice/versa. I see the same thing in cars with the Import vs Domestic thing. "Why can't we all just get along?"

Oh, and right on about the people who just don't care. People who open their car doors into other cars should be HUNG! Makes me want to drive to their house in my truck and "ding" it. Like crush in the side...just a bit
I can tell ya as a harley rider and a sport bike rider that besides the nice wave that sometimes will happen as you ride by each other that that will prob be it. haha. Good call tho but it would never happen. I love your sig. Deals gap is awesome. I cant wait to take my car there when i get home.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL

One thing i hate..Door dingers! I hate when people in parking lots swing there door into other cars leaving a dent in the side of a persons car. Thats one of the most careless, disrespctful things a person can do, and it happens all the time. If it was a "accident" leave a note on the car you dented with your info so you can handle it accordingly. It drives me nuts! Thank god i dont have one on my Fit yet..!

Tyler
i feel you man, i havent seen it much recently but its happened to me in my old car before leaving a fatty dent/scratch on my door. Thats why i always park away from everybody now.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by TOOL

Tyler
You know what i mean Tyler with the whole being behaved thing. I didnt post that for all the members just for members that like to flame others thats all. Yea the door dingers are terrible and should be dragged into the street and shot.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:42 PM
Retired Moderator
You know what i mean Tyler with the whole being behaved thing. I didnt post that for all the members just for members that like to flame others thats all. Yea the door dingers are terrible and should be dragged into the street and shot.
Yes, i know where you were coming from. Ill keep an eye on it.
And +1 to what you said about door dingers lol.

Tyler

Old 03-18-2008, 01:46 PM
5 Year Member
I don't like shifting 1st-2nd and 2nd-3rd; it feels rough, unlike 3rd-4th and 4th-5th. I try to conserve fuel, but it seems the only way to make 1-2 and 2-3 feel smooth is if I granny it and concentrate on gas-clutch movement or if I shift at or above 4,000 rpm.

Also, I have a few rattles that annoy me. Where are they? Basically in front of me. Those are the only rattles I'm aware of. Why must they be IN FRONT OF ME. Why not in the back someone to annoy my passengers?

/rant

Old 03-18-2008, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
Ooohhh...I got a good rant. People who are "experts" on the Internet, but have never done anything in real life.

I used to own a specV and was on B15sentra.net. I mentioned on there that I was going to change the springs on my car that coming weekend. I got ALL kinds of advice and tips which were fine (didn't ask for it, but more info the better). I've done spring changes on probably 15 cars, but hadn't done one on the specV yet.

Long story short...one of the biggest posters on that site that gave advice to everyone PM'd me and asked if I'd like his help. I said..don't need help, have air tools, plenty of knowledge, and beer, but would love to meet fellow B15'ers...come on by and you can have a beer with me. He showed up and was a very nice guy, but knew absolutely nothing, and I do mean NOTHING, about cars. Every bit of advice was stuff he read and reposted.

Since then, I take anything I read from "experts" on forums with a grain of salt.

Old 03-18-2008, 02:32 PM
5 Year Member
i hate how guys hate on us "girl drivers," for all you who love to just put women drivers in one category. i happen to be an excellent driver, and i'm a girl *gasp* havent had one accident yet and i hate how all it takes is for one bad girl driver to make it seem like we are all bad lol yes there are some horrible women drivers (trust me i know a few that i won't even step foot in a car with), but us girls dont lump all you guys into on category when you mess up...so why do it to us?

Old 03-18-2008, 02:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FITfetish
i hate how guys hate on us "girl drivers," for all you who love to just put women drivers in one category. i happen to be an excellent driver, and i'm a girl *gasp* havent had one accident yet and i hate how all it takes is for one bad girl driver to make it seem like we are all bad lol yes there are some horrible women drivers (trust me i know a few that i won't even step foot in a car with), but us girls dont lump all you guys into on category when you mess up...so why do it to us?
Most drivers of any race/sex/religion/etc suck. Women drivers get the worst rap because soooo many are sooo bad. That being said, my wife is pretty good and my Mom is scary good. My Mom made a pass in my Mustang back in the day and came within 2 tenths of my best time. She has scared the heck out of some car salesmen through the years also. You want to really see her mad...watch a car salesman try to suggest she should be looking at the automatic plain model instead of the manual sport model.

Of course her first car was a 1970 Mustang Mach 1 and her first ticket was in that same car for doing a burnout in a parking lot

Old 03-18-2008, 03:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Most drivers of any race/sex/religion/etc suck. Women drivers get the worst rap because soooo many are sooo bad. That being said, my wife is pretty good and my Mom is scary good. My Mom made a pass in my Mustang back in the day and came within 2 tenths of my best time. She has scared the heck out of some car salesmen through the years also. You want to really see her mad...watch a car salesman try to suggest she should be looking at the automatic plain model instead of the manual sport model.

Of course her first car was a 1970 Mustang Mach 1 and her first ticket was in that same car for doing a burnout in a parking lot
haha thats pretty sweet. i know a lot of people stink at driving, it doesnt just come down to girls. i'm just tired of hearing about it, cant it be pinned on someone else now lol it is funny tho when i tell a guy that my car is manual and they stare at me like i just spoke to them in another language. just because im a girl does not mean i cant drive a manual lol i really just laugh it off now and roll my eyes psshh lol

Quick Reply: The official rant and rave thread. haha