Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

The official rant and rave thread. haha

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 07:59 PM
Thought i would bring this back with my new rant from earlier today. Alright well i went to chevron to fill up (cause its the only gas station in town i like) and did my typical routine. Put my card in started the pump and went up front to clean the windshield. As i was cleaning usually i only get done with the driver side and it clicks but the light was on so i had more time and started on the passenger side. As i was almost done i looked at the pump cause it seemed like a long time and it was at 10.1 gallons. I ran over to the nozzel as quick as i could and it was pouring out of the car. I stopped it pulled the nozzle away got fuel everywhere to include on me. All in all i was pretty pissed and i had to wash the car because i didnt want my already not so great paint to get worse. So my typical $25 dollar fill up turned out to be $32 because of the extra that was spilled and then the car wash. How can a company charge such terrible prices for fuel and then not even have pumps that work. I went inside and told the worker and she said she would have maintenance look at it. On top of it she said it was my fault for clicking the nozzle instead of holding it. So i told her dont put a clicker on the nozzle if im not supposed to use it and i wont be tempted or atleast a warning or something. I was and still am a bit upset but what can you do. I could have made it anouther 40 miles with the fuel that was on me, the car, and the ground. Well thats my complaint for the day. I feel much better getting it off my chest. (takes a deep breath in and then slowly breaths out. Haaa)

Old 04-02-2008, 08:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jdjohnson9
Thought i would bring this back with my new rant from earlier today. Alright well i went to chevron to fill up (cause its the only gas station in town i like) and did my typical routine. Put my card in started the pump and went up front to clean the windshield. As i was cleaning usually i only get done with the driver side and it clicks but the light was on so i had more time and started on the passenger side. As i was almost done i looked at the pump cause it seemed like a long time and it was at 10.1 gallons. I ran over to the nozzel as quick as i could and it was pouring out of the car. I stopped it pulled the nozzle away got fuel everywhere to include on me. All in all i was pretty pissed and i had to wash the car because i didnt want my already not so great paint to get worse. So my typical $25 dollar fill up turned out to be $32 because of the extra that was spilled and then the car wash. How can a company charge such terrible prices for fuel and then not even have pumps that work. I went inside and told the worker and she said she would have maintenance look at it. On top of it she said it was my fault for clicking the nozzle instead of holding it. So i told her dont put a clicker on the nozzle if im not supposed to use it and i wont be tempted or atleast a warning or something. I was and still am a bit upset but what can you do. I could have made it anouther 40 miles with the fuel that was on me, the car, and the ground. Well thats my complaint for the day. I feel much better getting it off my chest. (takes a deep breath in and then slowly breaths out. Haaa)

ooo that is rough! sorry to hear there is no way they would have gotten me to pay for the extra gas that their faulty nozzle spewed out! lol just be thankful there were no open flames near by!

Old 04-02-2008, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by jdjohnson9
Shoulda told them you have severe chemical allergies and your lawyer will be in touch. Even if you don't do such things, it always feels good to scare them.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:25 PM
I was mad cause being a smoker i was a bit nervous to light up cause i didnt want to start on fire. Luckily i live close by to the petrol station and i ran home showered and changed and still made it to work on time. I got my cig in also so that of course calmed me down. haha

Old 04-03-2008, 01:10 AM
I get crap from my co-workers and friends about my car and I'm about to show how much of a liberal hippie I am when introduce them to my left hook .\/. I hate having to defend my car from everyone......sheeesh...can't a person drive a Prius because of looks, features, fuel economy, crash ratings, total cost to own, etc, and not to send a political or environmental message? I wish I could thoroughly explain myself but I don't have the gift of gab.....but I think my fists can be enough to send a message to the next asshole that wants to vent his political/global warming views on me and my car.

Last edited by HapaLynai; 04-03-2008 at 01:20 AM.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:20 AM
Father of the Wasteland
5 Year Member
The parking lot scene! The ones who are out in the parking lots same time every week and talk shit but never seem to show up to the track on friday nights...
I have had this happen to me many times, run their mouth because im at stock ride height and have factory wheels but wont come out on friday nights to run me, and seem to alway bitch out when we go down for hill country runs. ****ing posers