Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

The official rant and rave thread. haha

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by FITfetish
haha thats pretty sweet. i know a lot of people stink at driving, it doesnt just come down to girls. i'm just tired of hearing about it, cant it be pinned on someone else now lol it is funny tho when i tell a guy that my car is manual and they stare at me like i just spoke to them in another language. just because im a girl does not mean i cant drive a manual lol i really just laugh it off now and roll my eyes psshh lol
True that about lots of people not knowing how to drive. That is true here in Dallas. People think because they have a huge vehicle that they can drive as crappily as they please and push us smaller car drivers around. Ticks me off to no end.

Old 03-18-2008, 04:02 PM
5 Year Member
haha yea idk what it is with trucks, for some reason they always wanna race me or maybe they are trying to check me out lol i dunno, i just ignore them. if they have a BIIIIG truck, they must be trying to make up for something

Old 03-18-2008, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member
In the true spirit of rant AND rave...

I LOVE NACHOS!

Old 03-18-2008, 04:42 PM
rants

Takes some ''strategic anti- shopping cart left in the lot'' planning these days as well as avoiding the normal brain dead door dingers.I like the people who wait till they're in the turn only lane before signaling, then sit there with the nice bright amber signal flashing. The burly tough as nails guys who must have just had their nails done because they can't bring themselves to touch the steering wheel with their fingers; only wrists and even forearms........where did THAT come from? Never worry though, they're the same ones who will be absolutely ''lightless'' in all but total darkness

Old 03-18-2008, 07:39 PM
5 Year Member
i hate matrix reloaded, worst movie evAr!

Old 03-18-2008, 09:05 PM
5 Year Member
I guess it's my turn. Living in an area that gets quite a bit of snow in the winter, especially this last winter. I hate people who think because they drive a 4wheel drive SUV that they can dirive like crazy in the snow. Just because you can take off faster because of 4wheel drive doesn't mean your gonna stop faster. And you're pulling around a lot more wait so you're gonna need more time to stop. I love seeing a SUV in the ditch(as long as know one's hurt of course) because they were driving too fast in the snow and instead of having two wheel spinning out of control they had FOUR! Ha ha

Old 03-18-2008, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by Illmatic07
I guess it's my turn. Living in an area that gets quite a bit of snow in the winter, especially this last winter. I hate people who think because they drive a 4wheel drive SUV that they can dirive like crazy in the snow. Just because you can take off faster because of 4wheel drive doesn't mean your gonna stop faster. And you're pulling around a lot more wait so you're gonna need more time to stop. I love seeing a SUV in the ditch(as long as know one's hurt of course) because they were driving too fast in the snow and instead of having two wheel spinning out of control they had FOUR! Ha ha
Speaking of vehicles in ditches, I saw a Scion xB in a median ditch on I-635 while I was heading home this evening.

It has been raining all day. I could tell the Scion was stuck in mud as well. I can only wonder how they managed to lose control.

Old 03-18-2008, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by FITfetish
haha yea idk what it is with trucks, for some reason they always wanna race me or maybe they are trying to check me out lol i dunno, i just ignore them. if they have a BIIIIG truck, they must be trying to make up for something
FITfetish: 1; BIIIIG truck: 0

You are right on that count about making up for something. IMO, especially the guys with Hummers. No pun intended.

Old 03-18-2008, 10:38 PM
Great rants and raves guys (and gal, just messin Fitfetish). So far its looking pretty good. I can pretty much agree with everything so far. I have to add to the big suv's tho. I messed up my front lip a couple months ago when some a** hole in a big excursion decided last minute to cut me off in the turning lane and i had to swerve to avoid him. He kept driving and didnt even notice that i was hung up on the curb. luckily after a big inspection and putting the car on the lift i didnt find any other damage. Still pissed me off though cause if my car would have been really damaged i dont know what i would have done. Damn suv drivers that dont pay any attention.

Old 03-18-2008, 10:51 PM
5 Year Member
sucks how SUV drivers think they're the king of the world when really most of them cant drive for shit. reminds me of that Family Guy episode where the dude in the Hummer just goes off driving like crazy on the highway while watching Madagascar.

Old 03-18-2008, 10:51 PM
5 Year Member
and i hate credits during movies. they don't have credits at mcdonalds when you order a cheeseburger. they don't have credits everytime you drive your honda. what makes hollywood so freaking special? eff that shh. coca-cola bottled by robots supervised by miguel hernandez. plastic mold injection for bottles poduced by haliburton directed by dick cheney. who the eff cares who the dumb key grip was? egotistical bastards. seriously. stop it. please. k thx

Old 03-18-2008, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member
im pretty pissed at the entree for Honda fit on urbandictionary.com

1. Honda Fit 4 up, 5 down
A Site Temporarily Unavailable subcompact car offered by Honda that has become very popular with *** men in America. This can largely be attributed to the advertising campaign "the fit is go" which featured still images of the car rotating around with rainbow backgrounds, bad 80's-style techno music and what sounds like a talking computer for an announcer. Some believe Honda purposefully targetted this audience for the vehicle.
Girl 1: Look at that guy, he must go to the gym a lot to stay that hot.
Girl 2: Yea but he's driving a Honda Fit.
Girl 1: Why are all the pretty men ***!?!

WTF.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitftw

A Site Temporarily Unavailable subcompact car offered by Honda that has become very popular with *** men in America. This can largely be attributed to the advertising campaign "the fit is go" which featured still images of the car rotating around with rainbow backgrounds, bad 80's-style techno music and what sounds like a talking computer for an announcer. Some believe Honda purposefully targetted this audience for the vehicle.

WTF.
(went and read it whoever it was was ragging on all hatchbacks pretty much me says everyone go thumbs down it haha.

Last edited by SpoonSportFit; 03-19-2008 at 12:09 AM.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by henryd1981
FITfetish: 1; BIIIIG truck: 0

You are right on that count about making up for something. IMO, especially the guys with Hummers. No pun intended.
hahahaha

Old 03-19-2008, 08:55 AM
5 Year Member
So it's not all hatin' on the big vehicles...around where I live it's inevitably the crew cab dually with the construction worker that manages to park his truck perfectly within the lines of any parking space. I can't tell you how many times it's the lady with 4 screaming kids in some old Camry that is parked crooked and over the lines. Then the 4 little brats get out and swing the car doors into anything they can reach.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:55 AM
yah, i work construction and have to drive a truck. However, its also not hopped up on 6+ lift kits with big ass off-road tires....which BTW THOSE people still hardly drive off-road! Usually when i get to see the drivers of these behemoths step down out of their trucks, they ARE compensating for something.......being only 4ft. tall

Old 03-19-2008, 12:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gn-it&rn-it
yah, i work construction and have to drive a truck. However, its also not hopped up on 6+ lift kits with big ass off-road tires....which BTW THOSE people still hardly drive off-road! Usually when i get to see the drivers of these behemoths step down out of their trucks, they ARE compensating for something.......being only 4ft. tall
LOL, did you see any booster seats on the driver side???

Old 03-19-2008, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by Fitftw

WTF.
IMO, Urban Dictionary is just a website that went from useful to a place where people just make up words they pulled from their a**es. At least this definition got more thumbs down than up. Besides, I don't necessarily know of any specific car that is popular with the *** demographic. Cars are cars - the end.

Old 03-19-2008, 03:14 PM
5 Year Member
here's my rant, it just happened today:

i went to target, and today i have one of the worst flus i've ever had. so i was in no mood to park far away like i usually do to keep my fit looking new.

the parking spots went like this from l to r: handicapped space, minivan, my fit, shopping cart return. i was in target for literally 10 minutes.

i came out and lo and behold, the soccer mom in the minivan next to me had her cart IN BETWEEN both of our cars and the cart was up again my fit (go figure). nooo, she couldn't use all the space behind her stupid van or next to it on the OTHER side, she had to put it up against someone else's car.

so i said "what do you think you're doing? that better not have left a mark" and she replies "oooooh, sooooorry it was just reeesting there" like she was on downers or something. so i said "well expect the same from me next time i see your stupid van".

i was SOOOO pissed.

so today, i hate:

-soccer moms
-minivans
-shopping carts

Old 03-19-2008, 03:30 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by pip_rocks
here's my rant, it just happened today:

i went to target, and today i have one of the worst flus i've ever had. so i was in no mood to park far away like i usually do to keep my fit looking new.

the parking spots went like this from l to r: handicapped space, minivan, my fit, shopping cart return. i was in target for literally 10 minutes.

i came out and lo and behold, the soccer mom in the minivan next to me had her cart IN BETWEEN both of our cars and the cart was up again my fit (go figure). nooo, she couldn't use all the space behind her stupid van or next to it on the OTHER side, she had to put it up against someone else's car.

so i said "what do you think you're doing? that better not have left a mark" and she replies "oooooh, sooooorry it was just reeesting there" like she was on downers or something. so i said "well expect the same from me next time i see your stupid van".

i was SOOOO pissed.

so today, i hate:

-soccer moms
-minivans
-shopping carts
Damn..How direspectful or her to "rest" her cart on someones car! Ahh, i would be super pissed off aswell. Especially knowing how easy the Fits paint scratches..Fricken soccer moms with there minivans, all they care about is there selfs..So annoying!
Hope you feel better pip!

Tyler

Quick Reply: The official rant and rave thread. haha