Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

GrindHouse Presents Series

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 08:39 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
GrindHouse Presents Series

So I basically watch movie channels all the time. Whatevers on and new I watch it. Not sure if these movies made it to theaters or not. I havent gone to the movies in years.

"GrindHouse Presents: Death Proof" is the movie/series. The director is Quentin Tarantino so you know its gory and weird.
All I can say is HOLYSHAT! The movie is so sick! I love it. Its so weird yet it fits for today. Ive seen it 4 times in 2 days and Ill watch it again if Im home.

The first half is all vintage and old looking. Lines on the screen/TV and theyre listening to older songs via records but the cars around are newer. Its also color. Then the 2nd half the girls (friends of the first half) have an ipod but are in collector muscle cars and at first its all black and white.

Also, the girls are gorgeous in the film. Whatever your style girl shes in this movie. All the girls but one would do it for me. That one is a little.... manly but her body is super nice.

If you want to watch a weird somewhat twisted movie Id suggest this one. Pretty sure you can rent it?
The next one stars Rose Mcgowan. She was also in the "Death Proof" series Shes not my total type of girl but shes deff hot. Shes got a gun for a leg in the next one... Freakin weird right? Hahaha!

Old 03-11-2008, 08:57 PM
So is there a story line to this movie?

Old 03-11-2008, 09:09 PM
Saw it in the theater here last year as a double feature with Planet Terror. Good stuff.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:15 PM
5 Year Member
Saw it when it came on DVD, but watched it again the other day at my buddies house on TV. Still haven't seen Planet Terror though. Really wanna check it out. Yea the girls in Death Proof are definetly hot! Something for everyone.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:28 PM
5 Year Member
they were released as double feature in theaters for a limited run. i saw both, and they were both pretty good/funny.

Old 03-12-2008, 12:44 AM
nice posters too

Old 03-12-2008, 12:54 AM
5 Year Member
being a fan of actual old grindhouse/ horror films, i was actually really disappointed with "planet terror/deathproof". to me it didn't live up to the hype.

they actually made me hate quentin tarantino, whereas i was just indifferent before, haha. and seriously, he's a terrible actor, he really should stop casting himself in his own flicks

rant/done

Old 03-12-2008, 03:23 AM
5 Year Member
loved them both!!! gruesome and gnarley!

Old 03-12-2008, 07:09 AM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
I found out last night that they were in theaters.
I didnt do any info on them so I didnt know they were remakes. Blah... Kinda sucks.

Still thought Death Proof was good. Kinda wish they played the other one now.

And yes, he does suck at acting.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:58 PM
Banned
We seem to have a few horror fans here. Here's a new movie to watch out for, coming out in early April........ "The Ruins". This was a great 2006 book by Scott Smith. I doubt that the movie can be anywhere as good as the book, but the best description of the story would be "disturbing". You have not seen a horror story like this before.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:36 PM
Thought they were both great. First time I saw them was together at an outdoor theather which made them even better. Bought them both on dvd.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:44 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Just saw the 2nd one. It was a bit.... well, odd and a little too fake. The machine gun leg and stuff. Dont think Ive ever seen a more as gory as this one though.

That virus they all had was pretty trippy. And now I fully agree with the Tarantino comment about him not being able to act.

Originally Posted by manxman
We seem to have a few horror fans here. Here's a new movie to watch out for, coming out in early April........ "The Ruins". This was a great 2006 book by Scott Smith. I doubt that the movie can be anywhere as good as the book, but the best description of the story would be "disturbing". You have not seen a horror story like this before.
Ill have to check this out.