Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

So what do yall think..

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 04:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by osborne
Are you kidding me? I never said that all females are dumb because I know that is not true. I said that girls are dumb. The term "girl" taken in context with this conversation and by it's definition is "a young, immature woman." If you take offense to that then the problem is not with my statement. Also, as a woman, you should know damn well how petty and dumb girls can be. Boys are just as bad. I am pretty sure that we all have done something dumb to a boy or girl at some point in our life.

UPDATE: For those of you who do not know, dumb means "someone who lacks intelligence OR good judgement.". So I stand by my statement that girls are dumb or "young, immature women lack good judgement" for those of you whose vocab is limited.
the first post of yours that i talked about must've been written by a "boy" (if necessary, look that one up too).

i'm not trying to start an argument via internet, because i personally just don't care that much. i'd like to think that fitfreak is a place both genders can come talk about our cars and whatnot and feel it is unnecessary to throw out the "girls are dumb" argument.

case closed to me, back to topic please.

Old 02-19-2008, 04:40 PM
5 Year Member
Dang hope things work out whichever way the relationship goes. My AA is in Liberal Arts and by Bachelors is in Business and Finance, so I am no help what so ever when analyzing people. I just nod politely and occasionally slap people for being retarded.

Old 02-19-2008, 05:10 PM
5 Year Member
You can call me a boy if you want. It does not bother me because I know where I stand in line. I cannot and will not defend or speak for any other man or boy out there. I am not here to argue either, but I am entitled to explain myself when you asked about my statement. I assumed that the meanings of the words were commonly known and that the average forum reader would understand, but mostly Sliverworm since my response was to his question. If I am wrong, then I will gladly admit it and strike out my entire text.

Just remember this conversation when you are consoling a friend of yours and refer to girls being stupid and not knowing what they want. If you have never said that to anyone or never will then I give you props for having faith in all woman kind.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by osborne
You can call me a boy if you want. It does not bother me because I know where I stand in line. I cannot and will not defend or speak for any other man or boy out there. I am not here to argue either, but I am entitled to explain myself when you asked about my statement. I assumed that the meanings of the words were commonly known and that the average forum reader would understand, but mostly Sliverworm since my response was to his question. If I am wrong, then I will gladly admit it and strike out my entire text.

Just remember this conversation when you are consoling a friend of yours and refer to girls being stupid and not knowing what they want. If you have never said that to anyone or never will then I give you props for having faith in all woman kind.
i do appreciate the more thought-out responses you have posted, so thank you. my initial problem was that it seemed like such a crass generalization and while i know you did not mean to be offensive, all i had to go by was the post itself. so i do appreciate the air being cleared

as far as the 2nd paragraph goes, i think the main problem is that everyone does stupid things all the time, male or female. i admit, i have said that on occassion and after i thought about it, i felt pretty bad. i've learned to just take each situation seperately and be empathetic to it and the people involved. it does take time to learn, though.

personally, i think sliverworm's situation absolutely sucks and if i had any more helpful advice to offer that hasn't been already, i would. if he does want a girl's opinion however, i definitely agree with los_creeper that there were some underlying problems and she was looking for an out. i wholeheartedly disagree with how she handled it, though. communication is key!!