Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Belt weird noise..

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 08:19 PM
5 Year Member
Belt weird noise..

hey whats up ppl... i got a quick quick question
my friend drive a trailblazer SS (08) and he has about 2300 miles on his and for some reason the belt keep making a weird noise, im thinking because of the cold weather or the pulley is bad, but when he drive the car the belt noise keep getting louder help me out on this....
P.S.: i ask on a trailblazer SS forum they never help me so i figure ill ask you guys. thanx

Old 02-04-2008, 08:40 PM
I have had alot of chevys before in the past. Its prob the belt tensioner. Spray some wd-40 on the belt tensioner pully while its running and see if it stops. The bearings in those pullys are junk. Mine were going bad after only 2,000 miles in my 05 Z71 that i got rid of before the fit. If that doesnt do it then i would spray every other pully until the noise stops. Its pretty easy to diagnose. Let me know if that works or not.

Joshua

Old 02-04-2008, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jdjohnson9
I have had alot of chevys before in the past. Its prob the belt tensioner. Spray some wd-40 on the belt tensioner pully while its running and see if it stops. The bearings in those pullys are junk. Mine were going bad after only 2,000 miles in my 05 Z71 that i got rid of before the fit. If that doesnt do it then i would spray every other pully until the noise stops. Its pretty easy to diagnose. Let me know if that works or not.

Joshua
thanx bro im going try that...