Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Question about Car Leasing

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 06:08 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Question about Car Leasing

Just a discussion, thats why I put this here.
Say I lease a car. Everything is fine, making my payments and I plan on giving the car back when the lease is up. Just before the lease is up I get into a big wreck. Around $13,000 in damage. Minimal frame damage, most of the damage is body panels. The insurance company wants to total the car out but I tried my best to stop them. They decide to fix it.

I get the car back and everythings ok. A few months go by and Im seeing imperfections.
Stuff isnt lining up anymore and so on.

If I give the car back with a major wreck on the history will that hurt me in anyway? Are there fees Id owe?

Old 01-20-2008, 06:11 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
you will get ding'd with fees.

Old 01-20-2008, 07:15 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Are there set prices on the fees? Or the more things they find the more fees?

Old 01-21-2008, 05:07 AM
Banned
Man don't you listen to the financial advisor Suze Orman??? Leasing a vehicle is NEVER a good deal for you and your money.

Old 01-21-2008, 12:12 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by claymore
Man don't you listen to the financial advisor Suze Orman??? Leasing a vehicle is NEVER a good deal for you and your money.
Sorry but this is not always true.

There isnt set prices, they have estimators come look at your car, basically they write down everything wrong and estimate how much it would take to get it back to great condition and they set a number from there.

Old 01-21-2008, 08:41 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by claymore
Who said my car was leased? I didnt state anything about my car being leased. It was just a question.
I myself dont prefer to lease cars.

Thanks Chris for the info. So, if the car was wrecked and fixed to perfection basically nothing would come back in fees? I was just wondering if them finding out the car was wrecked badly would result in a problem?

Its easy to point out the car was wrecked. The company that fixed the car claimed they couldnt get any of the door jam stickers. So basically its just smooth paint/clear. I dont understand how those decals couldnt be purchased.

Old 01-28-2008, 10:10 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
that lady needs her own channel
or just one telling me where i can find all the money

Old 06-30-2008, 01:57 PM
z4k
I know this is old but to Clarify it. If you have a leased car. Insurance deems it repairable the best thing to do is turn it back wrecked and give the dealer the insurance info. Then the dealer is responsible for the repair and if it isn't repaired proper it is on them not you or your insurance. If you have time left and can't turn it back in early it is best to use a shop the dealer and your insurance both work with. Like Allstate, Gieco, State Farm... They have Preferred shops to do the repairs so if something down the road happens they cover it

Old 06-30-2008, 02:00 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by z4k
I know this is old but to Clarify it. If you have a leased car. Insurance deems it repairable the best thing to do is turn it back wrecked and give the dealer the insurance info. Then the dealer is responsible for the repair and if it isn't repaired proper it is on them not you or your insurance. If you have time left and can't turn it back in early it is best to use a shop the dealer and your insurance both work with. Like Allstate, Gieco, State Farm... They have Preferred shops to do the repairs so if something down the road happens they cover it
The dealer wont Fix it. The car doesnt belong to the dealer, but it belongs to American Honda Financial. When you drop off the car at a dealership at end of lease AHF comes to pick up the car. So that Isnt the best Idea.

Old 06-30-2008, 02:09 PM
z4k
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
The dealer wont Fix it. The car doesnt belong to the dealer, but it belongs to American Honda Financial. When you drop off the car at a dealership at end of lease AHF comes to pick up the car. So that Isnt the best Idea.
I work for an Insurance Company and this is common Practice. Down here in South FL at least. Your right the Financing Company owns it and they want to see that it is repaired properly if it is repairable. If the car is close to totaling it is better off totaling. No problems then.

Old 06-30-2008, 02:23 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
yes they want to see it repaired properly, but you cant turn it in wrecked without consequences. Even if it is repaired perfect the residual value suffers because of the accident, so the lease-ee will have to pay fines still. AHF wouldnt be able to re-sell the car to another dealer for the residual price because of the accident, A crashed Honda cannot be certified, thus less wanted by a dealer.

Old 06-30-2008, 02:31 PM
z4k

Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
yes they want to see it repaired properly, but you cant turn it in wrecked without consequences. Even if it is repaired perfect the residual value suffers because of the accident, so the lease-ee will have to pay fines still. AHF wouldnt be able to re-sell the car to another dealer for the residual price because of the accident, A crashed Honda cannot be certified, thus less wanted by a dealer.

Very true. Then you get into who was at fault ad such. If your at fault that is one thing if your not at fault you can sue for the diminshed value yada yada yada