Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

The Genesis of Fit Freak?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 07:26 PM
The Genesis of Fit Freak?

I've always wondered about the beginning of this website. Who started it and what is the country of origin? I noticed that most of the active members I've seen are from North America yet according to the join date of the admin here, this forum started in 2004. What was the community like before the Fit was released in NA? Are there sponsors from all over the world? I pretty much have no information so I was hoping if any of the senior members could enlighten this newbie.

Crap I ment to post this on general discussion.....can't find a way to delete this thread =[

Last edited by HapaLynai; 12-28-2007 at 11:07 PM.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:26 PM
5 Year Member
very interesting thread... in for info.

Old 12-27-2007, 10:43 PM
Retired Moderator
Moved to off topic. To delete a thread go to edit, then delete.

About your questions, they are very good ones. Since im the newest member of staff i couldnt tell you how it was like years ago since i joing this year. But i figured they started as soon as they heard about the Fit coming to NA so they could be set and ready for the realease of the car. Im currently working on a forum of my own on a car thats not scheuduled to come out till 2010.

Tyler

Old 12-27-2007, 10:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL

About your questions, they are very good ones. Since im the newest member of staff i couldnt tell you how it was like years ago since i joing this year. But i figured they started as soon as they heard about the Fit coming to NA so they could be set and ready for the realease of the car. Im currently working on a forum of my own on a car thats not scheuduled to come out till 2010.

Tyler
hook it up with moderator-ship on that site tyler :bows down: lol

Old 12-28-2007, 01:32 AM
Banned
American born and bread. Faceyogurt, Dojo and maybe Rob and some more guys got together and figured out the the FIT would be coming to the USA and whamo new website. Before you guys in the USA got your fits international members that already had their Jazz/Fit got along fine discussing our cars and mods.

Then interest in the USA picked up and the whole site was full of rants and raves for the USDM ones and what colors and option you would be getting, when it's coming, how much type of questions, news and rumors.

Then it was full of "I ordered my car how long do I have to wait" posts, and anyone know where I can find one posts.

Then the big mysterious why less manuals being made and is it a conspiracy, or the manufacturer going out of business.

Then the prices msrp or less or more at what dealer.

Then the paint peeling problem.

Then the bad gas mileage rants LOADS OF THEM AND EVERYONE POSTED THEIR MILEAGE.

Then millions of "Will these wheels fit or rub" posts.

Then millions of "do these wheels look good"

Then the great header wars and what Fit and what leaked and how do you fix the MIL problem.

Then what parts are going to be made.... STILL waiting on the supercharger....

Then where are our turbo kits... but overseas had them for years

Then the rants over the missing dead pedal and the saga of getting one produced.

Then the giant missing arm rest wars and which brand to get.

Then everybody didn't know how to use the mileage minder...

Or what oil to use

Or how to change their oil

Or how to change their transmission fluid or which type to use.

AND THE GIANT MESS OVER THE SIMPLE SUBJECT OF ADJUSTING YOUR HEADLIGHTS

OR which octane is needed, everyone thought they were experts and posted their OPINIONS

And the saga with millions of posts over SLOSHING NOISE OF GAS IN THE TANK UNDER THE SEATS.

Then the rear swaybar saga with everyone biting their nails over when it was going to come out and turned out to be one of the best mods.

Then light weight pulleys....

Then 7000+ posts on how to make the defroster run without running the A/C compressor.

Then the Fiasco over the not needed IDLE LEARN PROCEDURE

Putting a K-20 into the fit and EVERYONE of the armchair experts had to post and one member actually did it YEA GETTINGAFIT.

The great 3000+ voltage stabilizer mess.

Short shifter kits.

All you have to do it go into the forums and READ the stickies and old posts and you can follow the history of this site

Old 12-28-2007, 10:17 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
so thats bacially a timeline of Fitfreak, I think the site all started when the Fit was announced to be released here in the US, it was started and slowy picked up steam as the release date got closer and closer then it exploded!

Old 12-28-2007, 01:20 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
wow. +1 to claymore for the summary. looking back at things i would say that is right on.

Old 12-28-2007, 05:03 PM
claymore-----DAAAANG!

I am pretty new...but...from what I could tell by looking around a bit on the site I just figured it was something similar to what "claymore" posted.

He made for a very enjoyable read!
The "EPIC" FitFreak shall continue! Haahaaa...

claymore......c'mon....your a moderator in the closet...just admit it! heehee...

Old 12-28-2007, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by TOOL
I tried doing that but I guess it isn't an option if your post is the opening post.

Old 12-28-2007, 11:08 PM
Retired Moderator
From there you click "Go advanced".

Tyler

Old 12-28-2007, 11:33 PM
I can't seem to find the delete option even on Go Advance. Am I going crazy. Yes I'm bored enough for this to bother me

Old 12-28-2007, 11:40 PM
Retired Moderator
I belive it towards the top of the page.