Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Free Tech Support -- Today Only

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 02:41 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Lilbigwheelz
Hi sLiVeRwOrM,

Just recently I switched to Fios. Trueswitch can't seem to transfer my old email acct (all my files & folders inc all their contents) to my new one.
I've attempted to save my entire email acct to my favorites, a cd & to my documents but cant seem to get it to happen.

Can you help me out?

Thanks so much, I'd appreciate any help

LBW

Who was your old email from? Also how did you check your email with that company? Did you sign into their site and do it that way, or you another program like outlook express?

Usually you can setup outlook express, then use the sync feature to download your contact list, then use the same contact list on the new email account.

Old 01-20-2008, 02:03 PM
Hi and thanks.

I had Yahoo prior.
Verizon said prior to installation, that that was fine cause they use Yahoo also. When Fios was installed they said I could then go ahead and cancel my direct account with Yahoo as would no longer need to carry it.
Day of installation the guy told me he was setting up a Verizon acct simply in case I needed to ask Verizon any questions and that I could use the email or not, my choice. I figured why not use it, so I went through the TrueSwitch service. At the end of the transfer, my contacts and address book were transfered but not my emails and all my email folders and their contents.
At this moment, all my files and folders and their contents is still with my old acct. I'd like to be able to cancel my old acct soon.
How can I get all my info in mass (there are too many documents to do 1 by 1 ) over to my new acct?

Many many thanks

Regards,
LBW

Old 01-20-2008, 03:01 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
I would setup your yahoo email using outlook, then sync everything in outlook, then you can export the information to a file or you can just setup your new email service in outlook and keep your email addresses.

You should be able to find how-tos about how to setup the email accounts in outlook from yahoo's site and Frios or whatever its called.

Old 01-26-2008, 10:29 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
BUMP
for questions today..

Old 02-17-2008, 04:28 PM
Thanks for your help. I was finally able to do the transfer.