Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Ron Paul Revolution!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 03:47 AM
5 Year Member
that shit is wack. I see all his signs everywhere, they look like shit. never even heard of this guy until a few months ago. At first I thought he was starting a religous revolution or something. might as well be tho??? seems like he gots you guys in his pocket. Im with claymore, the guys a wack job

Old 12-18-2007, 03:52 AM
s0x
5 Year Member
claymore is like 60 hes old and set in his ways. no room for a different viewpoint.

Old 12-18-2007, 03:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by s0x
claymore is like 60 hes old and set in his ways. no room for a different viewpoint.

he's weird too... I dont think it really matters who wins anyways? they dont do shit.

Old 12-18-2007, 05:05 AM
Banned
Tax Protester FAQ

Here you go it refutes all your wacko ideas about income tax AND HAS THE SUPPORTING COURT CASES. Read it and learn.

Last edited by claymore; 12-18-2007 at 05:38 AM.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:34 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by s0x
no it doesnt make me a constitutional expert but it was in responce to your 1 up about how you suport yourself as an adult and so u must be more intelegent than i am. and my chose example shows nothing of the sort you moron if you honestly believe that in the history of the united states government that strings werent pulled to make things happen even if it was illegal your an ignorant fool. the government and washington are the biggest criminals in america and ya i pay my income taxes for a few reasons. 1. i have no choice there is no box that i get to check when i get a job that keeps my employer from keeping them. and 2 because i enjoy the remaining civil libertys i have. also no were did i say ron paul said anything about income tax being illegal so maybe you should at least keep your insults in context.

So now you didn't say this in post #5?????

"+1 as long as mommy and daddy keep feeding your their warped conservative scared views on polotics ppl will act like this. here is food for thaught. income tax is unconstitutional and illegal i bet you didnt know that did you tough guy. "

Isn't it typical that the wackos can't debate a subject without resorting to
little kid name calling.

And it's precious that your still in your "whining little kid different is good to get me noticed phase" and think the government is evil and pulling strings behind the scenes even if it was illegal grow up and try to make your points with FACTS not name calling. You and your wacko conspiracy buddies make me laugh... name one SECRET SQUIRREL conspiracy website big secret that hasn't been found out and plastered across CNN and other media outlets. Hasn't happened.

And referring to you as ignorant isn't name calling IGNORANT means "unlearned in a subject" and refuses to learn which you continue to show in your posts that you are trying to debate things you know nothing about.

So how about doing us all a favor, so we can TRY and interpret your posts, learning where your shift key is, use a spell checker, and try making your points without name calling

Last edited by claymore; 12-18-2007 at 05:38 AM.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:15 AM
I don't understand why people here think RP is "wacko"

HE WANTS TO BRING BACK OUR CONSTITUTION... GIVE US OUR LIBERTY BACK! Wouldn't you like a constitutional government? It's amazing how little people care about the constitution now a days.

He has no other agenda.. How is that Wacko? *Waits for the old man to reply*

He isn't paid for by some corporation. He is paid for by the PEOPLE, 6.3M in ONE day.

Big Media Day for Ron Paul Today, 12/18
Fox News Channel
1. Ron Paul on Fox & Friends 7:15 AM ET

CNN
2. Ron Paul on CNN American Morning 8:15 AM ET

MSNBC
3. Ron Paul on Morning Joe 8:30 AM ET

WHO Radio
4. Jan Mickelson interviews Ron Paul 9:00 AM CT

CNN Headline News
5. Glenn Beck interviews Ron Paul Check local listings - 7pm EST in my area

Here's the morning joe interview. It was a great one at about 10 minutes long. YouTube - Ron Paul on "Morning Joe" 12-18-07 They said that tucker finally came out and endorsed RP too.

Old 12-18-2007, 01:39 PM
s0x
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by claymore
So now you didn't say this in post #5?????

"+1 as long as mommy and daddy keep feeding your their warped conservative scared views on polotics ppl will act like this. here is food for thaught. income tax is unconstitutional and illegal i bet you didnt know that did you tough guy. "

Isn't it typical that the wackos can't debate a subject without resorting to
little kid name calling.

And it's precious that your still in your "whining little kid different is good to get me noticed phase" and think the government is evil and pulling strings behind the scenes even if it was illegal grow up and try to make your points with FACTS not name calling. You and your wacko conspiracy buddies make me laugh... name one SECRET SQUIRREL conspiracy website big secret that hasn't been found out and plastered across CNN and other media outlets. Hasn't happened.

And referring to you as ignorant isn't name calling IGNORANT means "unlearned in a subject" and refuses to learn which you continue to show in your posts that you are trying to debate things you know nothing about.

So how about doing us all a favor, so we can TRY and interpret your posts, learning where your shift key is, use a spell checker, and try making your points without name calling
i wasnt aware that tough guy was name calling and i know what ignorance is. by challenging my literacy your doing the same thing. its just in a different context. good job youve proven yourself to be hipocritical and ignorant. im done with you. you can argue your views ill argue mine. we could fight to the death about this and in the end youd be dead and id be right but either way its not changing anyones mind.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:37 PM
Banned
From redhatchbox:

"I don't understand why people here think RP is "wacko"

HE WANTS TO BRING BACK OUR CONSTITUTION... GIVE US OUR LIBERTY BACK! Wouldn't you like a constitutional government? It's amazing how little people care about the constitution now a days."

Don't you just love it when some kid that has never done anything or given one drop of blood or sweat to "Protect and Defend the Constitution" tries to lecture people on how he wants to "Bring back the Constitution".

Tell all us old guy VETERANS where has it gone and what you have done to defend it. We did our part so you are free to espouse your wacko theories even if we don't agree with them WE VETERANS have defended your right to espouse them .....what have YOU done to protect it. National service??? Peace corps??? Volunteer it a veterans home?? Cleaned your church, synagogue, church, Watt, mosque??? Any service to the country???? Protested ANYTHING??? Not paid your taxes???

So now that you have a forum please post up ron pauls platform so members can make up their own mind and how about something tangible unlike "bring back the constitution and give us our liberty back" those are slogans not a platform on what he is going to do.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:43 PM
From redhatchbox:

"I don't understand why people here think RP is "wacko"

HE WANTS TO BRING BACK OUR CONSTITUTION... GIVE US OUR LIBERTY BACK! Wouldn't you like a constitutional government? It's amazing how little people care about the constitution now a days."

Don't you just love it when some kid that has never done anything or given one drop of blood or sweat to "Protect and Defend the Constitution" tries to lecture people on how he wants to "Bring back the Constitution".

Tell all us old guy VETERANS where has it gone and what you have done to defend it. We did our part so you are free to espouse your wacko theories even if we don't agree with them WE VETERANS have defended your right to espouse them .....what have YOU done to protect it. National service??? Peace corps??? Volunteer it a veterans home?? Cleaned your church, synagogue, church, Watt, mosque??? Any service to the country???? Protested ANYTHING??? Not paid your taxes???

So now that you have a forum please post up ron pauls platform so members can make up their own mind and how about something tangible unlike "bring back the constitution and give us our liberty back" those are slogans not a platform on what he is going to do.

OK. First off. I am a prior service Marine NCO, and a current National Guard soldier. So, I don't want to hear THAT line.

I swore to protect and defend the constitution of this country.. TWICE. I'm sorry if YOU don't believe in it!

You seem to be the "wacko" here... Open your eyes, grow up, and do some research.. then, retort if you feel the need to.

I did not come here to get attacked, or to attack, but to simply discuss Ron Paul with fellow supporters here on the board.

NOW.

To get back on topic. I just watched Glenn Beck's hour long Ron Paul interview... I think it was a very fair interview. I was, a bit shocked.. when Glenn Beck came out of the closet
and said he wanted to make out with Ron.
It was definitely a one up for his campaign. It's nice to see that Ron is now getting (somewhat) fair media coverage.

Last edited by redhatchbox; 12-18-2007 at 11:45 PM.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:47 PM
5 Year Member
Guys, seriously. FOCUS ON THE ISSUES. Who cares about who calls who what? I wanna know what who says what they're going to do. You can tell me who endorses who, WHO CARES? Who cares that RP made millions in one fundraiser? Other candidates are making millions too. I'll agree, thats great. But Barack Obama has made millions as well in many small donations from many people, it still doesn't say anything except that people BELIEVE IN HIM. Much like people BELIEVE in RP. Don't follow the crowd until you can tell me what their stands on the issues are.

RP on bringing the constitution back, GREAT! but what does that mean? Thats nearly the equivalent of Bush saying "Bring FREEDOM back!" and off to war we go, Do you see how that sounds to us when you say the constitution this and that?

What does income tax mean as of now and what will it possibly mean if RP takes office? Just think about it. As much as we all want to hold onto the money we've earned, we pay for our "Freedom"

You guys are all very intelligent, but like I said, bringing up Bush to contrast with the propaganda of candidates, or even using universal wants like the "who doesn't want to bring the constitution back" without any quotes or real analysis of the implications of these remarks, you all are just BS'ing.

Give me something I can't deny that doesn't exclude other parts of the whole problem and I'll agree with you.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:26 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by redhatchbox

I did not come here to get attacked, or to attack, but to simply discuss Ron Paul with fellow supporters here on the board.

NOW.

To get back on topic.
Jeeze Chesty will be turning over in his grave. As a Marine NCO how can you say "we need to get our Constitution back" where do you think it went and how is it not working?

And as a guard member do you agree with his "I will pull out of IRAQ ALL troops IMMEDIATELY and who cares what happens policy?" All that work and sacrifice by our troops be allowed to to thrown away??? And the people of Iraq counting on our help just "screw them"??

Like I said post SOME OF HIS PLATFORM discuss that with us not spout his fund raising figures or campaign slogans. Post his platform so the other members can make up THEIR OWN MIND with FACTS NOT SLOGANS

And I posted my feelings on the constitution " so even if I disagree you can post your wacko ideas" how is that not caring for the constitution?

Last edited by claymore; 12-19-2007 at 03:53 AM.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:49 AM
5 Year Member
I love how the talk went flat...

Old 12-24-2007, 02:06 PM
5 Year Member
just like the RP revolution

Old 12-24-2007, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member

And as a guard member do you agree with his "I will pull out of IRAQ ALL troops IMMEDIATELY and who cares what happens policy?" All that work and sacrifice by our troops be allowed to to thrown away??? And the people of Iraq counting on our help just "screw them"??
nothing worse than supporting the troops by sending them into harms way.

lots of hard work and sacrifice, that is for sure. the question, though, is what exact political purpose or national defense issue did that hard work and sacrifice achieve? students of war know that war in itsself is not an end; it is, in a constitutional democracy, a means to achieve policy.

i stand with dr. paul as a strict constructionist. while laws mwill always need to be created and ammended as required by new developments in society (stem cells, pollution, civil rights, the internet, etc.) i really wish that folks would stick to the constitution and be more wary of loosely interpreting, or even worse, convenience interpretation of the constitution (gitmo, cia tapes, top secret courts that the american public cannot even scrutinize, et al)

dr. paul understands that there is no particular political end or defensive strategy that this war serves. with that in mind, this war makes no sense because american taxpayer money and, most importantly, the lives of our brothers and sisters are sacrificed with no benefit to the american people.

you want to support the troops and choose the policy of most benefit to america? as a school trained economist and "i was there" combat veteran, iraq no longer deserves the sweat, coin, or blood of another american cent, or more importantly, life.

Old 12-24-2007, 02:40 PM
5 Year Member
as an economist, i do think that his idea of going back to a gold standard is not only a little extreme but also just not practicable. i am absolutely enthralled by his actual consistently conservative stance on issues. less taxes, states rights, reducing the role of the federal government. no taxes on social security distributions (which is just the right thing to do).

the stance of a libertarian is to minimize the involvement/ intrusion of the government and to maximize the freedoms of the individual. at least as an ideal, i personally find it very exciting.

i'd rather have a democrat elected than another neo "conservative"

Old 12-24-2007, 04:43 PM
5 Year Member
This is what makes RP exciting. But at the same time as you've put it, a little extreme on some points. Its hard to follow a hard & fast rule when obviously the world is so dynamic. RP at least stays consistent, whether or not we like the outcome such as the war, at least for me his stand on the war as you've said makes sense. But I wouldn't like the idea of starting a war, and pulling out everything immediately. It has to be gradual, wouldn't be fair to the iraqi people.

Old 12-25-2007, 02:50 AM
Banned
Like I said a wacko, saw him on Meet the Press and from his own mouth, Get rid of the IRS and income tax, get rid of the FBI, get rid of the CIA, get rid of Social Security, get rid of ALL federal agencies except dept of defense, close all public schools, no more welfare, AND THE BEST ONE YET THAT SOME OF YOU WILL LOVE, NO FEDERAL DRUG ENFORCEMENT EVERY TYPE AND FORM OF DRUGS LEGAL FEDERALLY??????? Pull ALL TROOPS out of every where no troops anywhere in the world but the USA. Strict no spending by the government BUT GOT SEVERAL ITEMS FOR HIS DISTRICT PAID FOR BY THE GOVERNMENT...... WHAT'S UP WITH THAT DO WHAT I SAY BUT I DON'T HAVE TOO?????

Last edited by claymore; 12-25-2007 at 02:52 AM.