Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

The ol Desert Eagle .50 cal pistol!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 03:27 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by manxman
I rarely find anyone interested in antique shooters anymore, unless I blind everyone at the range with one of mine. Since they can no longer see their targets, everyone comes over to watch me make more smoke. And they are surprised to see me make interconnecting 1/2" holes on my targets. Unfortunately, where you are now, you have no opportunity to do this anymore.
Actually, I'm in PA now near Pittsburgh, so not a problem at all. Time is my real issue more than anything else these days. Since I came back I did pick up a Ruger Single-Six convertable .22, but even that's been just sitting in the safe at my folks. Maybe this winter I'll give it a whirl some weekend.

As for antique/classic firearms, in my case after working at the shop for so long I found that they were the ones I most enjoyed shooting. They always felt more suited to my grip/build, and I love the details that you just don't see on modern arms, like the colors you get in REAL bone&charcoal case hardening, etc. That said, however, I did love the Sig P220 .45 I had as well as the .44 DE, but they were the only modern pieces I owned.

Old 11-28-2007, 09:43 PM
Banned
Updated page with opossum that met it's maker...not from the .50 though!

Old 11-28-2007, 09:55 PM
LDO
Kris,
nice confirmed kill, and a head-shot as well, without a spotter! What was your range? Unfortunately, we're not allowed to take pics of OUR kills!
You are right about potential diseases from those rodents. Should of given him a dbl-tap just to make sure!
You sure you weren't a Marine????

Old 11-29-2007, 03:41 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by LDO
Kris,
nice confirmed kill, and a head-shot as well, without a spotter! What was your range? Unfortunately, we're not allowed to take pics of OUR kills!
You are right about potential diseases from those rodents. Should of given him a dbl-tap just to make sure!
You sure you weren't a Marine????
Ha ha! Nope...Just a squid. Range wasn't far at all as that baby Glock is good in a self defense situation where most attacks happen in close quarters obviously, but this wasn't more than 5-7 yards. I could hear him hissing, that's for sure. That nasty Golden Saber would have cracked his noggin wide open. It was grossly enough, a throat shot. The fur and blood covered the cavity. That was the penetration side I took a picture of to keep it PG-13, the exit was a little gross. He is gator food though now, thankfully before my dad got home and made stew.

Mods/Admins...sorry about the randomness...it's off topic and I was bored so I figured I would share the ol DE and the close encounter with a gross animal and elimination from infecting other critters!

Kris

Old 11-29-2007, 05:07 PM
Banned
Aw c'mon Kris-
Never complain, never explain, and never apologize!

Old 11-29-2007, 05:44 PM
Is that huge gun really necessary? <3 >>> .\/.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:04 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by HapaLynai
"This is my weapon, this is my gun----------------"
claymore, LDO, ex-military fitfreaks, ring any bells?

HapaLynai is obviously not a shooter, said with no disrespect. the answer to your question is "Of course not. So what??"

Old 11-29-2007, 07:13 PM
Banned
This is my Desert eagle. There are many like it, but this one is mine......

And in Miami, Florida...Yes...It could be necessary.

Old 11-29-2007, 09:55 PM
LDO
Originally Posted by manxman
Aw c'mon Kris-
Never complain, never explain, and never apologize!

Or if you're like me...

Admit nothing,
Deny EVERYTHING, and
make counter accusations....

Always works for me...

Old 11-29-2007, 09:59 PM
LDO
There are three things that can never be too big enough,

your bank account,
your gun,
your motor....

When it's time to shoot, make sure the caliber of your weapon sarts with a 4 or 5!

WHY???

Because in the moments that follow a firefight, the only thing anyone will remember is who lived and who got 'kilt'!

LDO sends....

Old 11-29-2007, 11:42 PM
Banned

Just look at where he is from...... the democratic republic of California

Old 11-30-2007, 12:28 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by claymore
Just look at where he is from...... the democratic republic of California
I dont think its a he

Old 11-30-2007, 11:18 AM
I know, I know. It's a guy thing and I'm not a guy so I wouldn't understand. I like guns....but that one seems a bit over kill.....sorry if I came off as a hippie =(

No need to get political becuase of where I'm currently living. California isn't that ultra liberal.....mabye just san fransicko =P

Old 11-30-2007, 11:21 AM
Banned
"California isn't that ultra liberal.....mabye just san fransicko =P"

ROFLMAO!!!

Old 11-30-2007, 03:58 PM
Banned
I know, I know. It's a guy thing and I'm not a guy so I wouldn't understand. I like guns....but that one seems a bit over kill.....sorry if I came off as a hippie =(

No need to get political becuase of where I'm currently living. California isn't that ultra liberal.....mabye just san fransicko =P
Nah!!! Not a hippie. And YES!!! IT is an overkill. It is more like a "conversation piece" at the range. It isn't something I would carry on my person as A. it is too visible and B. my pants would fall down. It is a neat toy and I have spend more money on other stuff that didn't nearly have the WOW effect that this does. I don't know if it is a guy thing or not. I just know that I have a handful that I like to shoot once in a while. Mostly pistols because I usually carry one (LEGALLY) if the wife and I are out somewhere late or unknown...and when travelling (That includes throughout Miami!!!)

Just a hobby I suppose. Like stamps! Only I have never heard of anyone dying from a stamp to the head. I dunno though!

Kris

Old 11-30-2007, 08:56 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by claymore
"California isn't that ultra liberal.....mabye just san fransicko =P"

ROFLMAO!!!
Yep- Just San Fransicko! Thanks to the sick freak with the Tech 9's who shot up the law office 15 years ago or so, and to Dianne Fienstein's influence while she was here, it's easy to think that all Californians are liberals. But we don't all wear love beads and Birkenstocks.

Some of us shoot back.

Old 12-02-2007, 08:50 PM
Banned
Figured I would toss in an update!

I sent Magnum Research a link to my page just to show them some of the shots of the DE in action. They greeted me with an e-mail saying looks sweet. Mail ran yesterday and I picked it up yesterday. What did I find? A bunch of Magnum Research goodies! T-Shirts, stickers, etc! I was stoked. Just figured I would post as it was pretty neat to get that stuff out of the blue.

Kris

Old 12-02-2007, 09:26 PM
LDO
Hooray for free stuff!!

Old 12-02-2007, 10:09 PM
Luvs Dah b00st!
hey man tight piece i have a glock 27, a glock 19, and an old sweet 1911 id love to come to Dade to shoot that thing lol maybe some time next year hehe

unbeatable protection, and for perfection there is only Glock

Old 01-01-2008, 04:10 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by gd3kamiwanaB
hey man tight piece i have a glock 27, a glock 19, and an old sweet 1911 id love to come to Dade to shoot that thing lol maybe some time next year hehe

unbeatable protection, and for perfection there is only Glock
First, LOVE THE CAR! Second, sure thing...Come to Miami any time! Hell, Hieu has been here...Take a Fit road trip. I also go shooting in Cocoa when I visit my folks. Out in the woods there are old computers, TV's, washing machines, etc. And I have to agree, I love my Glocks. The safe has a slew of them...Glock 19, 23, 26, 27, 30, 36. I actually made the jump LAST Christmas and purchased an Hk USP Compact .45. I ended up taking it back two days later without ever firing it. I tried carrying it and while it is a sweet weapon, I just couldn't get use to the protusions on it. I like a point and shoot weapon without worrying about the safety etc. But then I could blow my huevos too without a safety!

Kris

Quick Reply: The ol Desert Eagle .50 cal pistol!!!