Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

what car is this?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 09:47 PM
5 Year Member
what car is this?

seen it on tv once...never in person............emblem looked like merc? ...weird car.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:53 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
BWWAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I KNOW THAT CAR!!!

lol, Illusives old Smart Car.... I think it is the TwoFour Model. Mercedes owns the brand jointly with a Swiss company. I have no idea what that gigantic "B" symbol is on the side.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:56 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
i might be wrong, but i think that's a Smart or SmartCar, something like that. i've seen one in Irvine last year too

edit: ok someone replied before me haha, is the B for Brabus? that company that mods mercedes

Old 10-01-2007, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member
why is it a smart car...anything special about it?

Old 10-01-2007, 10:06 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
i think B is for brabus

Old 10-01-2007, 10:27 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kancerr
why is it a smart car...anything special about it?
Insanely good city mileage... something like 70mpg. It also runs on Diesel

Smart is the Brand, the model is a ForTwo (Illusive to confirm that)

news

Old 10-01-2007, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member
70mpg...haha interesting thx for the info.bet its one slow ass car...? haha probably get flipped off quite a bit.

Last edited by kancerr; 10-01-2007 at 10:34 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:42 PM
Retired Moderator
Yupp its a Smart car, they are coming to the US soon..

Old 10-01-2007, 11:23 PM
5 Year Member
Yea the brabus version is the tricked out type, with a whopping.....109 hp (or something like that). It costs more, fits less, and is probably less safe than the Fit. It purely a city car. You guys should check out the youtube vid of a guy that put a hyabusa engine in it. It's siiickk!!

Old 10-01-2007, 11:40 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cycoxtr
Yea the brabus version is the tricked out type, with a whopping.....109 hp (or something like that).
Try more like 40hp & 75ft/lbs torque. I the Brabus stuff is just cosmetic, no engine mods.
Follow the link for more specs! smart Canada

70mpg...haha interesting thx for the info.bet its one slow ass car...? haha probably get flipped off quite a bit.
0-60 in 20 seconds (well, 19.8 if you really want to get technical)... BWAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

They are really popular here, I see them everywhere now. People love these cars to death. At first everybody stared and pointed, now they are common and nobody gives them a second look.

Oh man, I am really sorry Illusive. I Swear I didn't have anything to do with this post going up!!!

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 10-01-2007 at 11:42 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:57 PM
Retired Moderator
Meh, I don't mind. I still miss my smart car. It was a lot of fun. You guys can bash it all you want, I'm done trying to defend it. Sometimes it is just a waste of effort to get people to open their eyes to these cars. It takes an engineer to understand. They are a lot safer than you think and are quite peppy. I did get a remap done to it to get it up to 55hp and 90ftlbs of torque. I passed people on the highway all the time and leave people behind in a cloud of black smoke and a gaping mouth. You'd be surprised. The "B" is for Brabus, got a bunch of Brabus parts on my old smart car. Even with my remap, I still got excellent gas mileage...one full tank of diesel cost me about $15.00 at the time and it got me 400km to 500km depending on how I drove it.

The European Brabus Fit does have 109 with the gasoline engine. Diesel gets better gas mileage though.

And yes, that was the car I replaced with the Fit.

And it is going to be on sale in the US within the next month or two. The new Fortwo will be entering the US market.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:01 AM
Retired Moderator
BTW, here are some more pics:

My only gripe with the car was the shifter. It is a sequential gear shift that was slow to say the least. Other than that, a really fun car!

Old 10-02-2007, 12:26 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Illusive
Meh, I don't mind. I still miss my smart car. It was a lot of fun. You guys can bash it all you want, I'm done trying to defend it. Sometimes it is just a waste of effort to get people to open their eyes to these cars. It takes an engineer to understand. They are a lot safer than you think and are quite peppy. I did get a remap done to it to get it up to 55hp and 90ftlbs of torque. I passed people on the highway all the time and leave people behind in a cloud of black smoke and a gaping mouth. You'd be surprised. The "B" is for Brabus, got a bunch of Brabus parts on my old smart car. Even with my remap, I still got excellent gas mileage...one full tank of diesel cost me about $15.00 at the time and it got me 400km to 500km depending on how I drove it.

The European Brabus Fit does have 109 with the gasoline engine. Diesel gets better gas mileage though.

And yes, that was the car I replaced with the Fit.

And it is going to be on sale in the US within the next month or two. The new Fortwo will be entering the US market.
Yeah I looked into these cars a lot, but I could never bring myself to even take it out for a test drive. You are a stronger man than I!
It must suck having to explain all this stuff all over again as this car gets released into the US. I remember people bashed the hell out of these things when they first came out here, it took like 2 years of promotion for the safety, power & reliability of them to sink in to the general public.
Still, no matter how hard you try I am sure they will continue to be the pun of jokes and a target for rednecks. Just the nature of it.

Old 10-02-2007, 06:12 AM
if i didn't need the space for hauling stuff around, I would have waited and gotten a smart when it came to the US, people give me looks for how small the Fit is and i could care less, lol... and i totally agree with illusive, it does take an engineer to understand.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:24 AM
Retired Moderator
I remember when I was at the local car and truck show when the smart showed up for the first year. Just standing around, I could hear the soccer moms whining and complaining about how "unsafe" it was and how "they wouldn't want to be hit by a semi in that car". Sometimes I wonder if they actually think about what comes out of their mouths...who the hell actually would live if you got hit by a semi? I've tried reasoning, explaining, etc. etc., but sometimes people just don't get it and it is difficult to explain the engineering aspects of how the Tridion safety cell works and how other safety features work on the car. Like the short wheelbase, it protects the passengers in the car as the axles for both the front and rear prevent penetration into the cabin area.

Anyways, I digress...it was a lot of fun driving that car around. I was sold when I first took it for a test drive in the summer. So much attention, so many smiles. A few hard heads, but that's the case with every car these days. Everyone has their own opinion. The sound system I had in there was awesome tho hahaha, I changed out the 4" crappy stock speakers for a set of JL's and then added a couple 5x7 in the rear hatch and a 10" sub...it was awesome hahahaha....I still had enough room to fit two backpacks in the back with the sub sitting in the middle and room behind the seat for other odds and ends.

One thing that did come standard that I think everyone should is a first aid kit. Honda should definitely include one in every car, they can come in handy when you get random cuts and scrapes modding your car haha...

Old 11-06-2007, 09:20 PM
5 Year Member
Im surprised that no one made the awful joke, "if its so smart, then why did it get a B" LOL im not at all funny.

Old 11-07-2007, 05:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pastafarian
Im surprised that no one made the awful joke, "if its so smart, then why did it get a B" LOL im not at all funny.
Because B(barbus)>A(aftermarket)???lol

Old 11-07-2007, 02:05 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Lots of them in our city (Vancouver). They are cute I snicker whenever I see one driving around.