Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Fit vs xD

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 02:31 PM
Fit vs xD

Dunno if this is a repost but has anyone seen this?

Comparison Test: 2007 Honda Fit Sport vs. 2008 Scion xD

I love my fit, but i think xD's feature is pretty tempting...

Old 09-12-2007, 03:09 PM
Retired Moderator
Yeah this is a repost, but not a big deal.

I sat in a xD after i already bought my Fit and was not impressed AT ALL. Made the inside of my Fit feel like a luxury car. The interior on the xD seems like they pulled it right out of a early 90s economy car. Everything feel cheap. The only decent thing on the inside are the guages, they used the guages of of the IS350/IS250, and that was kinda nice...But that was the only nice thing about the whole car. I wasnt impressed with that head unit they use either, although alot of people do..I dont like the outside either, looks unpoporstional, and squished..That look works on bigger cars/ SUVs but not a small car. As you know these are all my personal opinions, and you and anybody else might like its better then the Fit and that fine..Everbody has an opinion..

Old 09-14-2007, 08:32 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs down xD? EWWWWW!

A brand new car should beat out a five year old car in a head-to-head comparison. But the two cars don't even look like they're in the same class. The Fit has more interior room, but the xD is larger. The xD to me seems more like a fugly competitor to the Matrix than the Fit.

I think Scion is going to shoot themselves in the foot, so to speak. The new xD and xB will sell well, but I think they've missed the mark maintaining any kind of "cult car" status that the original xA and xB have. I mean their appeal is all centered around that they are basically JDM products. And they did phenomonally well here. Now Toyota brings out two new models specifically designed for the U.S. market, but where's the appeal in that?

Part of the allure of the xA, xB, Fit, Versa, etc.....is that these are formerly cars we couldn't get here in the U.S. SmartUSA is going to ride that fact all the way to the bank. And Honda will continue that when we get the next Fit, because (if the info is correct) it was designed with the JDM and USDM markets in mind. Even Nissan is toying with bringing the next gen Cube to the U.S., and it would be basically the same as the JDM.

Japan is getting a new bB that is more in line with the outgoing model. But we get the larger, and now having seen them on the road, less distinctive xB. I just don't get Toyota's thinking behind watering-down their products.

Old 09-14-2007, 08:49 PM
Retired Moderator
^ +1, nicely said!