Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Heading to see Korn at the Family Values!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 10:06 AM
Banned
Heading to see Korn at the Family Values!

UPDATED LINK WITH PICS!!!! Family Values Tour with KORN! August 14, 2007. West Palm Beach, Florida

Well, school starts Monday. My daughter spent a lot of time in Orlando with her aunt and uncle having a ton of fun. My son, well he stayed around the house and didn't do have too much of a summer. So, yesterday I was thinking, "I would like to see Korn again." So, what is the tour called? FAMILY VALUES! So I figured, what a great time to take my boy and goof off together! He's 10 so I didn't want to get lawn tickets or anything as I don't want him to get caught up in a mosh or anything. I picked up VIP tickets, VIP parking and all the works for a pretty good price. Surprised him last night and we are both stoked!

Heading out in about an hour and a half and I will have pictures tomorrow if anyone is interested!

Kris

Last edited by fit4kris; 08-15-2007 at 11:16 AM.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:14 PM
Retired Moderator
AWESOME dude, thats going to be a great show. And right now Korn has the best drummer ever, Joey Jordison from Slipknot! enjoy!

Old 08-14-2007, 05:47 PM
5 Year Member
what happened to korn's other drummer or is it one of those just for a tour things

Old 08-14-2007, 06:01 PM
Retired Moderator
Im not exactly sure what happened to Korns original drummer, but i know the Joey is only for the Family Values tour, then hes going back to Slipknot.....

Old 08-14-2007, 07:12 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
i found this :

SLIPKNOT drummer Joey Jordison has confirmed rumors that he will sit behind the kit for KORN this summer. "I'm lucky to have had the opportunity to perform with bands that have influenced me as a musician over the years," Joey said. "When I first heard KORN they blew me away and I have been a fan ever since. I'm looking forward to playing drums with these guys for the next five months!"

Joey will go straight from tour bus into the studio to continue work on the new SLIPKNOT CD which will surface in 2008.

KORN's management confirmed earier in the month that temporary drummer Terry Bozzio had completed his work on the band's new record and is no longer working with the group. Bozzio, a legendary drummer known for his work with MISSING PERSONS and Frank Zappa, plays on some but not all tracks on the album. Brooks Wackerman of BAD RELIGION played with the band several weeks ago at a youth volunteer show in Los Angeles.

Bozzio replaced founding drummer David Silveria in January, after Silveria announced at the end of 2006 that he was taking a "hiatus" from KORN for at least one album and tour.

KORN's eighth studio effort is due this summer. The band will headline the 2007 Family Values tour starting in mid-July, with EVANESCENCE, HELLYEAH, ATREYU, TRIVIUM and FLYLEAF also on the bill. The on-sale date for most of the shows is April 28.

Old 08-14-2007, 08:35 PM
Banned
at the show now...love the iPhone. I pulled some strings and my son and I met all the bands. pics tomorrow. and yes, joey is drumming.

kris

Old 08-14-2007, 09:11 PM
Retired Moderator
Dude thats AWESOME!!!!! Cant wait for them pics!!

Old 08-15-2007, 01:16 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by TOOL
Dude thats AWESOME!!!!! Cant wait for them pics!!
For sure. It is 1am and we just got in. My son is DONE! He was asleep in the car and I can barely keep my eyes open.

Just wanted to recap but I will post more tomorrow along with my website link.

I purchased VIP tickets. Those tickets are nothing more than GREAT seats, super parking, and a special area that is quiet and relaxed away from teeny boppers. Thought it would be a good deal.

Well, I ran into my buddies from the local rock radio station. Some catching up was done since we hadn't seen each other in a while and next thing I know, my son and I are at a backstage BBQ with the bands!

My boy and I met: KORN!! Evanescense, Flyleaf, Hellyeah, Trivium, and Atreyu. Everyone was SUPER!! With the exception of two people, Chad from Hellyeah and Jon Davis didn't show up . However, Fieldy was super to talk to. Munky was less scary in flip flops and board shorts than on stage...and Vinnie Paul, well what can you say about this guy!!! Awesome. Amy Lee...Gorgeous. Unfortunately, Lacey from Flyleaf wasn't at the meet-n-greet because she had a death in the family. All in all, I am rambling but had a SUPER TIME...So did my son. I will have pictures up tomorrow along with a play by play.

Kris

Old 08-15-2007, 09:02 AM
5 Year Member
Sounds awesome, and last year bozzio and wackerman together came to ms. for a drum clinic they both played versions of their drum part from songs they played with zappa. It was cool.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:57 AM
Banned
Old 08-15-2007, 01:00 PM
Retired Moderator
Man that looks like an awesome expierience! I cant belive you got to go meet ALL the bands thats crazy!

Last edited by TOOL; 08-15-2007 at 01:02 PM.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:31 PM
Banned
Yeah. It was pretty surreal at the time. I couldn't believe it either. Heck, I am almost 30 and I got all giddy! Just got back from a frame shop. They are framing all of our autograph's. For Hellyeah, we got 8 X 10's of the band signed, same thing with Flyleaf. For Evanescence, we got one with a poster of them and Korn signed by both bands, and an 8 X 10 signed. Then we got a big poster that I am framing with the backstage passes, the VIP parking, and the VIP tickets. My sons large frame will be the Korn/Evanescense poster signed with the ticket and backstage pass. It was pricey to frame and mount all of it but worth it since it is his first experience. I should have them next week and I will post pictures.

Kris