Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.
View Poll Results: Fit buyer/driver, are you male or female?
Male
88.10%
Female
11.90%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Men vs Women - Who buys/drives the Fit

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 09:27 AM
5 Year Member
Men vs Women - Who buys/drives the Fit

I'm sure there is probably a post here somewhere, but no search terms I was using were giving me the result I want. I'm male, looking to buy a fit. My assistants (all female) think I'm insane, have called it "too cute to be owned by a man", etc. I'm just curious...what percentage of folks who are driving a Fit are men vs. women.

In the end, I'm getting a Fit either way, so the numbers aren't going to change my mind.

If I've missed the post (as I'm sure I have) could someone point me in the right direction and close this one up?

Old 07-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Male here!

Old 07-11-2007, 01:59 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
male.

Personally ive found more men buying them.

Old 07-11-2007, 02:16 PM
5 Year Member
Last time I looked I was still Male......

Old 07-11-2007, 03:31 PM
5 Year Member
Male.

I bought the Jazz because it was practical and cheap. The good look came later
And then last (with some luck) I got the right color for me

Old 07-11-2007, 03:52 PM
5 Year Member
looks like one female??? this is a mans car! haha jk

Old 07-11-2007, 04:35 PM
5 Year Member
Okay...so now is it just that more men buy them, or more men take the initiative to read and post on a forum dedicated to the car they own?

Old 07-11-2007, 06:59 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by DagerOne
Okay...so now is it just that more men buy them, or more men take the initiative to read and post on a forum dedicated to the car they own?
Probably both are true. Not all men are interested in cars, guns, all forms of extreme sports, etc., etc., but most males seem to have these traits hardwired in their DNA. Very very few females have these traits, but the ones who do are certainly interesting because of it.

Old 07-11-2007, 07:57 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Hey I am a voting female! I love the Fit and I don't look at it as a guy/gal car. It is a great car period! That is all the matters. I joined this forum when I was researching my next new car purchase. From the first time I found it on the web, I was hooked. I have loved talking to Fit Freaks and I am proud to be included in the numbers. My guy friends think that it is funny that I know about cars. Their girlfriends and wives don't know how to check tranny fluid, change a tire or know what torque means but hey that is just me! I've always loved cars and the Fit is by far the best one I've ever owned. LOL!

Cat :x

Old 07-11-2007, 09:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cat
Hey I am a voting female! I love the Fit and I don't look at it as a guy/gal car. It is a great car period! That is all the matters.
And that's how I look at it as well. I hadn't really even thought to associate the Fit with one particular gender until my assistants did so. Admittedly, I never expected the poll to be so male-dominated, but I think manxman hit the nail on the head...a disproportionately larger number of guys are "into" their cars, so more of them hang around the board. I also agree that the ladies like Cat that take an interest in more than the location of the vanity mirror...well, they just rock.

I think I answered a question about my gender when I signed on here...so there's probably an easier way to get my answer than a poll. Hrm.

Old 07-11-2007, 10:17 PM
5 Year Member
I dont' know if its a very accurate poll though. I think its a predominantly female car actually, but, not to be stereotypical -- more guys will get on a car forum than women in my experience. I actually know I think one female who frequents car forums. Especially with the Fit since its not exactly a performance oriented car, I don't think a majority of female owners log on to fitfreak.

Old 07-11-2007, 10:18 PM
5 Year Member
uh yeah, for some reason I didn't catch that in manxman's post. haha... well +1 to manxman!

Old 07-12-2007, 12:08 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Cat
Hey I am a voting female! I love the Fit and I don't look at it as a guy/gal car. It is a great car period! That is all the matters. I joined this forum when I was researching my next new car purchase. From the first time I found it on the web, I was hooked. I have loved talking to Fit Freaks and I am proud to be included in the numbers. My guy friends think that it is funny that I know about cars. Their girlfriends and wives don't know how to check tranny fluid, change a tire or know what torque means but hey that is just me! I've always loved cars and the Fit is by far the best one I've ever owned. LOL!

Cat,
Your interests, knowledge, and willingness to read and post on car forums make you an unusual and interesting lady. Thanks for being a member of fitfreak.net.

Old 07-12-2007, 07:32 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pocketrocket
I dont' know if its a very accurate poll though. I think its a predominantly female car actually, but, not to be stereotypical -- more guys will get on a car forum than women in my experience. I actually know I think one female who frequents car forums. Especially with the Fit since its not exactly a performance oriented car, I don't think a majority of female owners log on to fitfreak.
Well, in my defense, I tried to pull in as much of the female contingent as I could by making the title read "buys/drives" in hopes that the men who come to the forum because their wives drive Fits would vote "female". Best I could come up with at the time.

Old 07-16-2007, 03:58 AM
fit is a chick car.

Old 07-16-2007, 04:53 AM
5 Year Member
Real men drive Fits! lol

Old 07-16-2007, 06:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JamesBizzle
Real men drive Fits! lol
REAL men drive MT Fits! LOL VBP Sport 5MT :-)

Old 07-16-2007, 10:41 AM
Retired Moderator
VBP Sport 5MT FTW!!!

Old 08-08-2007, 11:58 AM
5 Year Member
Male here but when I showed it to some Chinese friends of mine (who are gals) the first words out of their mouths were "Oh! Cute car!" I don't feel too bad about that though because my buddy has a RHD 1976 Mini Cooper S that is painted blue and gets that comment all the time...
That said, I'm surprised there's not more gals driving this...

Old 08-08-2007, 01:59 PM
5 Year Member
I'd love an old Mini cooper with the honda engine swap. reliable, fast, and cheap on gas.

Quick Reply: Men vs Women - Who buys/drives the Fit