Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.
View Poll Results: Fit buyer/driver, are you male or female?
Male
88.10%
Female
11.90%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Men vs Women - Who buys/drives the Fit

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by Illusive
VBP Sport 5MT FTW!!!
I'll third that!

Old 09-11-2007, 06:19 PM
5 Year Member
For the 7-8 Fits I've seen on the road, only one was driven by a female.

Old 09-22-2007, 02:47 AM
I couldn't resist replying to this thread.

I'm a female and like others have mentioned I think its simply that men are more likely to log into car websites/forums like this one. To me, men just seem to spend more devoted to their cars than women and in a lot of cases too much time. Also, you guys seem to think there's something wrong with driving a car labeled as a "girl" car. (I mean any car) Well, you are entitled to your own opinions but I'd just like to say I give props to guys who are ok with driving "girl" cars (especially the vw bug). It's only a car, believe it or not, we do not judge you as much as you think by what car you drive. only a little. I would actually much rather date a guy who drove a girl car than I don't know a riciculous looking hummer (?) running on pure testosterone. And no, it will not make women think your ***. Now, do I think the fit is particularly a feminine car? I don't, but I do think it is pretty damn cute.

Old 09-22-2007, 03:10 AM
5 Year Member
Smile I very much agree!

Originally Posted by 2319
I'm a female and like others have mentioned I think its simply that men are more likely to log into car websites/forums like this one. To me, men just seem to spend more devoted to their cars than women and in a lot of cases too much time. Also, you guys seem to think there's something wrong with driving a car labeled as a "girl" car. (I mean any car) Well, you are entitled to your own opinions but I'd just like to say I give props to guys who are ok with driving "girl" cars (especially the vw bug). It's only a car, believe it or not, we do not judge you as much as you think by what car you drive. only a little. I would actually much rather date a guy who drove a girl car than I don't know a riciculous looking hummer (?) running on pure testosterone. And no, it will not make women think your ***. Now, do I think the fit is particularly a feminine car? I don't, but I do think it is pretty damn cute.
That pretty much sums it up for me (another female) as well.

This is the first time I have looked at (let alone registered on!) a car forum, except for the odd glance at Elantra Club (which the husband looks at for DIY and other installation info).

A Hummer (or other behemoth of a vehicle) would make me wonder what a guy is compensating for, but a Fit would make me think he has no need to compensate for a lack of anything! Cafe Press has a bumper sticker that says something along the lines of "My Mini compensates for my large p****".

My husband drives a 2005 MT 5-door Elantra GT. 'Nuff said.

Old 09-22-2007, 07:32 AM
Well I am a man and bought the Fit...

but it is a woman that is driving it...

my wife!

Isnt that the way it goes...we need that choice in the poll as well!

Old 09-22-2007, 07:46 AM
5 Year Member
I didn't want that to skew the numbers, EoF. Your wife is the primary driver of the car, and that's what I was wondering about at the time.

Turned into a pretty good poll, actually, considering how slow the start was.

Old 09-22-2007, 11:27 AM
i saw 2 yesterday after seeing my first fit 3 weeks ago. 2 females in Red Fit's and one male in a black fit. I honestly think im gonna ditch my F-150 this week and get a black FIT 5MT, i don't care what my friends think LOL

Old 09-22-2007, 11:53 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by hiwind
i saw 2 yesterday after seeing my first fit 3 weeks ago. 2 females in Red Fit's and one male in a black fit. I honestly think im gonna ditch my F-150 this week and get a black FIT 5MT, i don't care what my friends think LOL
My F-150 was sacrificed to buy my Fit also!

Old 09-22-2007, 02:36 PM
5 Year Member
And Cojaro makes the male count 69. Coincidence? I think not! >:-P

Old 09-22-2007, 04:32 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
The practicality and aftermarket support for this car is too much to be ignored, that's why I traded in my civic for the fit.

Old 09-23-2007, 02:31 AM
5 Year Member
the other ladies have got it right.

i have only seen one female other than myself driving a fit, and it was a red one like mine

all i can really add is that before i got my fit (even though i owned an '88 CRX), i knew absolutely nothing about cars at all, and actually had no interest in them besides getting me from point A to point B. once i found the fit, i got totally absorbed in all the knowledge i had never really bothered to learn about.

so, in closing, i actually feel like i can talk to boys about cars now

Old 09-23-2007, 12:42 PM
5 Year Member
Smile Meeeee!

Originally Posted by pip_rocks
the other ladies have got it right.

i have only seen one female other than myself driving a fit, and it was a red one like mine

all i can really add is that before i got my fit (even though i owned an '88 CRX), i knew absolutely nothing about cars at all, and actually had no interest in them besides getting me from point A to point B. once i found the fit, i got totally absorbed in all the knowledge i had never really bothered to learn about.

so, in closing, i actually feel like i can talk to boys about cars now
I had to read this to my husband and tell him, "See, it's not just me!"

Old 09-23-2007, 02:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by golly
I had to read this to my husband and tell him, "See, it's not just me!"

haha, i can tell that to my boyfriend all i want and he just doesn't care (or he's just sick of me talking about my fit).

though he drives a saturn and is not into cars AT ALL, i think i've found the one guy on the planet who just doesn't understand

Old 09-23-2007, 02:14 PM
5 Year Member
i'm also curious about which fits women are driving. it seems a lot of us have the Milano Red AT, myself included.

Old 09-23-2007, 05:28 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
i'm also curious about which fits women are driving. it seems a lot of us have the Milano Red AT, myself included.

Yup! Another MR A/T Sport here. Or as my neighbor said when he first saw my Fit - Could you not find a brighter color of red than that? This color was not my first choice but I truly do love it and I am glad that it worked out that I got the MR instead of the VBP that I wanted.

Cat :x

Old 09-23-2007, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cat
Yup! Another MR A/T Sport here. Or as my neighbor said when he first saw my Fit - Could you not find a brighter color of red than that? This color was not my first choice but I truly do love it and I am glad that it worked out that I got the MR instead of the VBP that I wanted.

Cat :x
that's exactly what happened to me!!!

i was dead set on a base VBP, but there were only the sport MR and Taffeta White, and i couldn't wait to order one, as my car was going to die fairly soon. but the red was absolutely gorgeous!!! i'd never pictured myself having a red car, much less one this bright!!

Old 09-23-2007, 09:21 PM
This woman is driving a blue sport (you call VBP, but in Canada - they call it Fiji Blue) Almost got the orange but the blue looked sportier to me and since I was ditching the Windstar - the sportier the better!!!

Old 09-24-2007, 12:15 AM
Male, with a VBP AT Sport. My mom drives a SSM AT Sport, and the 3 other Fits I have seen in Biloxi, MS, have been driven by females. So, for my area, I am rare.

Old 09-24-2007, 03:39 PM
5 Year Member
I must admit that MR was going to be my second choice if TW was not in stock, but my first choice was in stock thankfully!

Old 09-24-2007, 03:52 PM
heh, it's got good qualities for guys and girls. it's unisex!!!

no seriously. it's got the room for tinkering for the guys, but for the women with kids, it's a mini-minivan. (ugh I hate talking about my car that way, but it's true.)

anyway...like the other ladies said...most of the women aren't going to go hunting for people with the same vehicle to talk about it.

pip - I'm female, I drive VBP. wouldn't have it any other way...given the options, anyway.
and, heh, my boyfriend couldn't care less about cars either.

Quick Reply: Men vs Women - Who buys/drives the Fit