Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

What makes you, really throw a FIT!!????

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 05:28 PM
5 Year Member
Post What makes you, really throw a FIT!!????

I have three things that other dirvers do that REALLY make me throw a FIT!!! (my solution to the problem)

(1)....Driving in the left lane ,reguardless of the other traffic or thier own speed (left lane for PASSING only, if your the only car on the road, you should be in the right lane!!!)

(2).....cutting off a faster car in the left lane when going from the right lane to the left lane for a slower car (why do you think it is OK to make me slow down so you can get around a slower car in YOUR lane, you should wait untill I'm past THEN go around at your leisure)

(3)......Mack tucks that need to pass another Mack truck to gain that ever faster .00345 MPH. In doing so they use about 7 miles of road, holding all other traffic up!!! (make sure all truck drivers are of 3rd grade intellegence or better)

I commute 326 miles ONE WAY to work , so I have alot of time to see this kind of stuff,,,just had to vent,,, thanks and lets hear your TOP THREE!!!!

Old 06-20-2007, 07:24 PM
5 Year Member
I have one PEOPLE ON THEIR CELL PHONE

Old 06-20-2007, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by grouser

(3)......Mack tucks that need to pass another Mack truck to gain that ever faster .00345 MPH. In doing so they use about 7 miles of road, holding all other traffic up!!! (make sure all truck drivers are of 3rd grade intellegence or better)
You must have been in my passenger seat today coming back from East TN on I-40. Right around the rolling hills at Rockwood I had the fun of this for a few miles. If you are not going the speedlimit, why are you in the leftlane?

Hausfraus in minvans on cell phones are also responsible for this behaviour.

EDIT, hey, my post Nr.400! Woopie!

Old 06-20-2007, 10:21 PM
Retired Moderator
1: People merging/turning without a blinker(just move ur left hand and flip the damn switch)

2: People on cell phones who cant drive and talk at the same time.

3: People going slow in the fast lane!(People move at about 80 in the fast lane in bay area, i was behind a guy going 65.)

Those are about the only things that make me throw a "FIT" while driving lol.

Old 06-21-2007, 10:08 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hazzard
I have one PEOPLE ON THEIR CELL PHONE
I am with Hazzard on this one; every time I nearly get sideswiped it is by some retard blabing away on their cell phone... most of the time they are so oblivious to what is going on they don't even notice they almost hit me.

That and people that drive around with their high beams on because it helps them see better at night.... in the city.

Old 06-21-2007, 11:09 AM
5 Year Member
Ooooo I got a good one for this.

I hate it when there is a "two lane" left turn lane and morons take the inside lane only to drift to the outside during the turn! Or vice versa.

Old 06-21-2007, 12:45 PM
Thats a long daily trip! I drove about 300 miles yesterday and was so furious with everything mentioned, including cell phones.. drifting drivers.. whether from one turning lane to the other... or the morons that don;t realize they're riding the middle line of a wide open highway (usually on the phone). Your much more patient than me... if I dealt with that daily, you'd all be reading about a guy ramming cars off the road in a FIT!

Old 06-21-2007, 12:57 PM
whats made me the most annoyed is when someone pulls out into a 4 lane street to turn from a side street. they look one way and dont even bother to check the other and you slam the brakes and almost hit them

i have to agree with all the other stuff too

ohh yeah theres another one. someone cuts you off just to get in your lane and then goes slower than you were going

Old 06-21-2007, 01:15 PM
people going slower than 80 mph on the freeway.......

Old 06-21-2007, 04:08 PM
kps
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Originally Posted by FITrunner
I hate it when there is a "two lane" left turn lane and morons take the inside lane only to drift to the outside during the turn! Or vice versa.
Any turns onto multi-lane roads -- drivers make left turns into the right lane or right turns into the left lane, blocking traffic trying to turn from the opposite side.

What else?

Drivers not moving promptly when a light turns green, especially on left-turn-only signals, leaving a long line of cars unable to get through the intersection.

Drivers not moving to the left when making left turns, thereby blocking traffic from continuing or turning right.

The usual -- driving slow in the fast lane, not signalling, etc. Generally, using my roads for their own miserable worthless purposes.

Old 06-21-2007, 10:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MisterFit
Thats a long daily trip! I drove about 300 miles yesterday and was so furious with everything mentioned, including cell phones.. drifting drivers.. whether from one turning lane to the other... or the morons that don;t realize they're riding the middle line of a wide open highway (usually on the phone). Your much more patient than me... if I dealt with that daily, you'd all be reading about a guy ramming cars off the road in a FIT!
Hahhahahhahahah

I only have to make it to and from work once a week for my 72 hour shift (fireman).
I see alot of what all you are talking about. Drivers are just not considerate of others.....
Two more from me are
(1),,,,people that cut over to quick after passing you and throw rocks up at ya,,,,,,
(2),,,,people that spedd up and close the gap you are triing to get in to after putting your turn singnal on

Old 06-22-2007, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by grouser
Long-haul Truckers don't get paid by the hour. They get paid by the mile, and on a transportation ministry time limit. You need to understand that. You also need to understand that some trucks are speed regulated, some aren't...some have powerful engines, some don't. I take it you've never driven a tractor-trailer through hilly terrain before. Try it, and we'll see how you feel then.

Old 06-22-2007, 08:19 PM
this link has everything everyone has mentioned plus TONS more...haha HOW TO DRIVE LIKE A MORON

Old 06-23-2007, 12:57 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Awesome link, sounds like they just about covered everything

Old 06-24-2007, 04:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sport
Long-haul Truckers don't get paid by the hour. They get paid by the mile, and on a transportation ministry time limit. You need to understand that. You also need to understand that some trucks are speed regulated, some aren't...some have powerful engines, some don't. I take it you've never driven a tractor-trailer through hilly terrain before. Try it, and we'll see how you feel then.
Actually I have had a comercial license for over 25 years now . I haul a bulldozer around the state of California for a living fighting fires. So ,,,,yes I HAVE driven a few hills in my day and can tell you FUR-SURE that there is a time and a place for passing other trucks. If you do the math,,,, .00347 mph gain ( as I used in my post) will get you only a few miles in a day,,,,that adds up to what ,,,under a buck at 47 cents a mile . Yeah some trucks have govenors but that don't govern the drivers brain. It's all about being considerate of other drivers, and as a professional driver myself,, I am ashamed of what I see some drivers do ,,,,,BTW I feel fine , how about you?

Last edited by grouser; 06-24-2007 at 04:27 PM.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:27 AM
Father of the Wasteland
5 Year Member
Stupidity.
1) racing on public roads
2) People that drive lifted trucks, its unnecessary in this area other then compensating for having a small dick. ( everywhere ive been but texas, people driving these trucks have been ok, but here they think they own everything. yes you can push my car off the road, do it with my girl in my car ill break your knees)
3) cutting over and then slamming the breaks.
4)slamming breaks for no reason

(yes im late on this thread but i can't sleep and im bored)

Old 06-27-2007, 06:28 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
1) bitchy girlfriends
2) tech people that think they know everything so they call us.. tech support
3) mongooses

Old 06-27-2007, 08:41 PM
Father of the Wasteland
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sLiVeRwOrM
1) bitchy ex-girlfriends
Fixed

Old 06-27-2007, 09:28 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Ricepuddin
Fixed

fixed.. I hope.

Old 06-28-2007, 12:17 AM
ricers. saw a mazda miata that looked stock, and then there was another car trying to race it, had some purple thing hanging from the exhaust. we blocked it from the miata until it got by. after that it started swerving like crazy in the lane lol

Quick Reply: What makes you, really throw a FIT!!????