Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

So I just got out of the hospital :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 05:17 PM
Banned
So I just got out of the hospital :(

Most awful thing ever. For people who know...I do work in Colombia sometimes. I just returned Saturday. Needless to say, it is my last time going as I am changing jobs and thank the Lord for that.

Saturday was fine and I was happy to be with the family. Then came father's day. What a great time. I was a little under the weather with the climate and altitude change but felt decent enough to watch movies with the wife and kids last night. Then BAM...here comes 7:30pm. A good 4 hour bout with the trots. If you don't know, well think about it...I went through 2 rolls of TP.

After that, I felt really weak and dizzy. At 1am, I began vomitting. This lasted until 5am. NOTE: This is the first time I vomitted in almost 10 years. I have an honest to goodness phobia over it Oh goodie. I got dressed for work and yeah...that didn't happen. Then my right side started hurting. Time to go to the ER.

The wife takes me in and they fill me with an IV as I haven't held anything down. i then mention the pain in my side and they try a CT scan to see if my appendix is ruptured or if I have a parasite. (Lost 30lbs in 2 months)
I get there and I am just in a sort of trance mode. I can see the doctor talking but just kind of babbling is coming from me.

CT scan shows rather normal. Blood tests are off the charts abnormal. The final diagnosis: Colitis So now I am on antibiotics, gatorade, and anti hurl meds for the next few days. I am glad I don't need surgery for a ruptured appendix but good Lord do I feel like poo

So, figured I would share my story. If anyone is having a bad Monday...just think "Damn! At least mine is better than Kris'"

Going night night now.

kris

Old 06-18-2007, 06:13 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
At least your ok man! that sucks big time. Just take it easy for awhile man.

Old 06-18-2007, 06:29 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
glad to hear your alright, and good to know you still got your appendix. drink cranberry juice it makes your poop hard and crackers...

Old 06-18-2007, 07:28 PM
welcome to my world. i was diagnosed with crohn's disease just last november (colitis affects the large intestine, where crohn's affects from input to output.) i was out of work from september to december with all the symptoms you got. take it easy and stick to the safe foods. chicken broth, jello, and clear liquids.

Old 06-18-2007, 09:40 PM
Banned
Wow!!

My sympathies to both of you (Kris & arsonall). Kris will mend in a matter of weeks, arsonall will contend with his problem, with meds & diet, indefinitely. Again, sincere sympathy to both, but especially to arsonall. I know two long-term Crohn's patients. Both are still here, but life has changed a lot for them.

Old 06-18-2007, 09:44 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Hey Kris - hope you are feeling better in no time! Take it easy getting back into life - it takes some time for the body to recover. Hoping you'll be "fit as a fiddle" in no time! Sorry - couldn't resist! Don't hurl!

Cat :x

Old 06-18-2007, 10:19 PM
Banned
Wow arsonall. I am so sorry.

I am going to get a once over for all of that within a week. The thing is, I have 3 hiatal (sp?) hernias and have for the longest time. However, the reason I went to the ER is because I hurled. Like I said, it was forever since I did that and they were both alcohol induced which i grew out of.

So yeah, I am 220, covered in tattoo's, and I was whining like a girl last night when i barfed. Most awful thing ever Big props to the wifey who took care of me even though i was being a peckerhead.

I am just hoping everything gets better in the next 6 days as I start my new job and have orientation next Monday.

Thanks everyone for the supportive words and arsonall, I hope things look up for you.

Kris