Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Getting random props yet?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 09:50 PM
Getting random props yet?

Hey fellas,

So, I was driving home with my cousin after picking her up from work today when a Roto-Rooter service van coming from behind started waving at my cousin. I thought nothing of it until my cousin said "...it looks like he's trying to tell you something." I'm thinking maybe the car is on fire or something, so I frantically released the window lock and opened the passenger window. Apparently, he's been tailing me all the way from the highway and we coincidentally got off the same exit. Basically, the jist of it was he's never seen a Fit before, and was complimenting me on how nice it is...especially the rims. Despite me seeing at least a dozen Fit Sports in my suburban area, I guess the Fit is still a pretty rare-looking car. Not to brag or anything, but it does seem that I stand out from a traffic pack.

On another note, I am thankful that I never bothered to check any American brands while I was car shopping. At the local mall the other day, they had a Chevy Corvette, Chevy Cobalt 2dr. SS, and Pontiac Torrent for a promo display. I started checking out the Cobalt since that would be a more competitive comparison with the Fit. Let me tell you, as soon as I sat on the driver's seat, I wanted to get out as fast as I wanted to get in. Okay, here's a little tidbit about me. I'm 5'6", and when I drive I always like to sit as upright as possible. With my Fit, the seat is completely upright. I find it offers me better visibility and better control of the steering wheel. With the Cobalt's seat completely upright, my hair is already touching the roof with my head only 0.5 inch or so away. I had to recline the seat back, but by the time I found a comfortable position, I felt like those rice boy posers who can barely see above their dashboard. Uggh...big turn off for me right there. As for the dashboard, and basically the vinyl quality/layout? It feels and looks 20 years old already. Even my early 90s Accord and Integra had a better interior than this piece of junk. And the price? $27k CAD plus taxes versus my Fit (with a much superior interior quality/layout and room) of $21k CAD plus taxes.

Old 04-28-2007, 09:57 PM
5 Year Member
I know the feeling. Jazz's have been out for a long while now in UK but they're usually driven by the old folks.

I went to a Honda meeting and there was just loads of Civics EKs VTis, EGs, DC5, DC2s, EPs and CRX's. My Jazz was the only Jazz there but I had loads of people interested in it despite the fact it's only a 1.2litre.

Old 04-28-2007, 10:02 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Once I took my car to the track, tons of ppl were cheering it on.. I was quite surprised that so many people knew the car..

Old 04-28-2007, 10:07 PM
Yes, the '07 Civics here seem to be more Honda value for your buck...and it shows on the street as I see Civic after Civic after Civic. A top-of-the-line 4dr. Civic EX is only $2k CAD more than a Fit Sport, and I think that's why Civics are selling like hotcakes around here. Also, add to the fact that the Civic has more configuration models than the Fit - such as the Civic Hybrid...starting at $26k CAD. And, after the federal gov't. has passed the eco-green rebate program, I predict more and more Civic Hybrids will be popping up out of the woodwork because I believe they are eligible for a $4k gov't. rebate. So now, you have a Fit Sport at $21k vs. Civic Hybrid at $22k..and for someone looking for a fuel-miser, they could easily overlook the Fit.

PS: Here in Canada, I too notice that the Fits I see are driven by a more older 40-50s crowd.

Originally Posted by kentris
I know the feeling. Jazz's have been out for a long while now in UK but they're usually driven by the old folks.

I went to a Honda meeting and there was just loads of Civics EKs VTis, EGs, DC5, DC2s, EPs and CRX's. My Jazz was the only Jazz there but I had loads of people interested in it despite the fact it's only a 1.2litre.

Old 04-29-2007, 12:04 AM
I think there should be a fitfreak handsignal to gesture to other Fit drivers to determine whether they are fitfreaks or not. I've noticed some people are really excited when they are in their Fits and they see mine and other people you can tell feel kind of upset because I have one too. I was in bumper to bumper the other day with a blue one next to me and she either thought I was stalking her, or she was upset that I had a Fit too. So I followed her home. LOL Actually I turned off and came up on a silver Fit and I gave 'em a woohoo they were pretty excited too. We had a brief dialogue at the light and went our seperate ways. Actually, I followed them home too. LOL

Old 04-29-2007, 02:38 AM
I either flash my lights at other fits if they are on coming, or if I am passing I honk and give thumbs up.

it's fun