Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

sorry guys need to vent

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 12:11 PM
Angry sorry guys need to vent

it just pisses me off i go out of my way to park where other cars don't where ever i go
and at my apt i park in the corner all the way against the curb so if some one does park next to they have plenty of room....so why do i have scratches all over my fit the car looks old as hell and i just got her in dec.
so all the work i put into my baby is for nothing why wash and wax it when some jerk is just going come by and scratch it......
this is my first brand new car everything else i owned was used and really didnt matter to much cuz i would take care of my new baby when i got her and now it just sucks!!!!

please fitfreaks tell me i'm not the only one that feels like this?

Old 04-11-2007, 12:45 PM
Take a look at the cars in the parking lot next time. That will show you how much people do not care.

You cannot eliminate the risk of door dings and scratches. You can only minimize them. You seem to be doing what you can given your current situation.

Is it possible for you to obtain a garage to park in?

Also, if I had my way, cars would all have Lamborghini style doors. If doors opened up instead of out, that would be one less thing to worry about. It wouldn't stop people from walking by and scratching the car, but it would be one less risk at least.

Old 04-11-2007, 01:38 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Sorry to vent

Do not feel bad - nothing is worst than finding multiple dings on your new ride. As for me 2 years ago my 96 Ranger XLT was the victim of a hit and run accident. Because it was over 10 years old the insurance wanted to total it out but it has been the best little thing. No major repair work just keep up my maintanence and oil changes. I ran 10 years on the original battery! before I replaced that. The insurance paid for the repairs that were required and left the ding that runs from my tail light up to the drivers side door ( when they finally decided to pull their vehicle off my truck) We had their passager side mirror and they never got the person who did it - this has me worried because the new Fit coming in May will be parked in the same spot - I am going to get a car alarm so if it happens again we will know immediatedly. We live near a major road way and assumed someone had wreaked on it. I just know that it is bound to happen with the new Fit and tears will come when it does. It is just sad that people don't care and because they are driving an old beater they just throw the doors open. Also it seems that the materials used in todays vehicles doesn't hold up as well as cars made 20 years ago. Of course 20 years ago - people had manners and were more careful of other peoples belongings. Also people were not driving as many tanks on the road - those doors are huge and wide - yes suicide doors on every car would not only be cool but functional.

Cat :X

Old 04-11-2007, 01:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fithouston
it just pisses me off i go out of my way to park where other cars don't where ever i go
and at my apt i park in the corner all the way against the curb so if some one does park next to they have plenty of room....so why do i have scratches all over my fit the car looks old as hell and i just got her in dec.
so all the work i put into my baby is for nothing why wash and wax it when some jerk is just going come by and scratch it......
this is my first brand new car everything else i owned was used and really didnt matter to much cuz i would take care of my new baby when i got her and now it just sucks!!!!

please fitfreaks tell me i'm not the only one that feels like this?
Maybe you should invest in a car cover. It might be a pain in the butt to put on and take off, but it will help a boat load with tards scratching your paint.

Old 04-11-2007, 03:20 PM
hey man sorry to hear about what happen, sadly i dont think we can prevent this kinda stuff we all take care of our babys (cars) my point is nice cars and modded cars attract attention even if you cover it or not especially if you dont have a garage maybe out to the mall or theaters its stupid how other people dont respect each other...

i just got my Fit 4 months ago and i already have scratches, couple of door dings, a crack windshield and somebody pealed my spoon swan sticker so Cheer up homie your not the only one