Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

TO BE OR NOT TO BE (honda saleman)

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 05:10 PM
5 Year Member
TO BE OR NOT TO BE (honda saleman)

I may have the chance to be a sales rep for a honda dealership in northern ontario.I would like honest feedback from people who have or do work for honda.Do you enjoy your job, pro's con's. Thanks in advance

Old 04-04-2007, 07:20 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Selling cars is not for everybody. You must be a workaholic! You must be prepared to work at least 50hrs/week. Like I said, it is not bad but it is not for everyone.

Old 04-04-2007, 09:47 PM
5 Year Member
I'm not worried about the hours (most saturdays) I know there will be times that you will be running around like your a chicken with its head cut off. are there certain purks that make it worth it?How long did it take to go from training to comission sales. did it take you a month to get into the groove or a year ? I'm in a job right now that pays good and starting this job would be considerably lower to start. I have been in and out of the automotive industry(mainly parts/ some cars).I'm good in sales i go the extra step. I guess I'm a little hestant before i change careers. Any input that you have chris ( or any one else) is greatly apreciated.

Old 04-04-2007, 11:15 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
The pay is extremely well and it is easy. Honestly I am looking to get out of the car business here pretty soon. It is good to do while you dont have a family, but when that time comes i think it would suck.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:25 PM
see i would love to sell cars via online. i just dont think over here it really is a booming part of the dealerships...

Old 04-07-2007, 11:22 PM
5 Year Member
Been with Honda /Acura for over 5 years I personally love it Chris is right as far as Socal goes (moved from there) I wanted to move into management and did for a while but the hours took a trmendous toll on the family and finally went back to sales. It is the best paying job if you work. Very easy to get caught up in all of the BS at a dealership. I wouldn't do anything else and I wouldn't sell anything but Hondas. If you don't believe in the product...

GO FOR IT

Old 04-08-2007, 12:32 AM
Originally Posted by hazzard
I may have the chance to be a sales rep for a honda dealership in northern ontario.I would like honest feedback from people who have or do work for honda.Do you enjoy your job, pro's con's. Thanks in advance
I don't know if its of useful info for you but I work as Business Development Officer for Honda Philippines, three words explain my work: I love it! Getting to work around cars and the Fit/Jazz everyday! Creating reports on our competitors and what they have out. Its a fantastic job. And as I can see Honda takes care of their people well.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:42 PM
I've been with Honda for nearly 2 1/2 years. It's an awesome job to get to work with EVERYONE (doctors, lawyers, athletes, secretaries, working moms, working dads, EVERYONE buys a Honda). It's the easiest, hardest job you'll ever have. It's easy to learn about a product you already like, and easy to simply talk to people and try to find out the best car for their situation. It's hard to convince yourself not to stay out til 3 am, to get jaded by angry people, not fall for shortcuts. There's great pay, and great people involved, but you're only getting what you put into it.
Be prepared to work.

P.S. if you can, work on the sales floor. I've done internet, and it's ok, but I've been surrounded by clueless people working around me. The sales floor teaches you about the product, about TAKING CARE OF CUSTOMERS, knowing your inventory, etc. Internet is simply a different avenue for people to buy a car.