Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

New JOB!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 09:21 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Congrats! The higher the pay there in Austin, the better. Living expenses is ass over there. That's why me and my wife moved back to San Angelo. It's lower economey and we grew up here.

Dell is all over the place in Austin. I bought that XPS M1710 laptop for portable gaming. When it's slow at work, I'm playing games!

I worked at this R/C Hobby store since last late May, 06. I was getting the run around with the manager. But I kept on going. I ignored his shit and only did what the owner told me to do. Basically I was acting like a manager myself. lol. So anyway he quit this month on the 1st and now I'm sort'of a manager. On top of that, me and my wife is buying the hobby store. So I went from a worker, to trying to be an owner of the shop. We're just working on a small buisness loan. Once we are approved, the game starts there. $100k+ a year, I think I like that. On top of that, I'm into the R/C hobby too, so that's a plus.

I'm tha boss!!!

-Tomi

Old 03-26-2007, 09:40 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
your shop is in San An, or Austin? i should go check it out... I know up in North Austin by Frys, they have R/C racing like every weekend.. remind me of little ricers lol

Old 03-26-2007, 09:44 PM
5 Year Member
I need to step up my game and become my own boss too! Just remember not to let the business take over your life heheh.

Old 03-26-2007, 10:42 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
It's gonna be here in San Angelo. The owner lives in Georgetown. He owns Discount Hobbies. That's also in Georgetown.

The hobby shop near Fry's is Hobby Town and its a nation wide type of hobby. They're everywhere.

Old 03-26-2007, 10:52 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TomiGunz
It's gonna be here in San Angelo. The owner lives in Georgetown. He owns Discount Hobbies. That's also in Georgetown.

The hobby shop near Fry's is Hobby Town and its a nation wide type of hobby. They're everywhere.

yeah I know that. do you sell any cool stuff for my cubical ill be getting?

Old 03-27-2007, 11:58 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
What kinda cool stuff? How bout a Helicoptor..lol You can hover it in the cubical.. hehe

Old 12-30-2008, 09:59 PM
5 Year Member
"Next month I will be making 17.74hr.. keep in mind I am at the young at of 19"
0_o wow! Congrats man, at 19 I think I was making $8 an hour at a record shop while going to college. That's great, keep up the income increase.

Old 12-30-2008, 10:03 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
holy back from the dead.
last post was in 2007
it's almost 2009!!!

Old 12-30-2008, 10:41 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
lol , iam making much more then that now and still working at Dell.. doing my title is now..

"Complex Systems Engineer"

I sit in front of a computer and take chats on servers and fix them.. but most of the day I am on youtube and jalopnik .. its pretty sweet..

Last edited by sLiVeRwOrM; 12-30-2008 at 10:45 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:26 AM
5 Year Member
that's awesome! It's hard to find a job now a days....

I just moved to a new area and I probably applied to 50 jobs...luckily one finally came through. I'll only be working part time but I'll be making $30 bucks an hour so it's enough to pay the bills and then some (not bad for a december college grad). Hopefully I'll be able to find something else to take up the rest of my day.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:02 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SHG_Chiquita
that's awesome! It's hard to find a job now a days....

I just moved to a new area and I probably applied to 50 jobs...luckily one finally came through. I'll only be working part time but I'll be making $30 bucks an hour so it's enough to pay the bills and then some (not bad for a december college grad). Hopefully I'll be able to find something else to take up the rest of my day.
sweet.. Ill be going to school next quarter for Bussiness Management , it will be paid for from Dell, so they can give me more money lol

Old 12-31-2008, 02:05 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TomiGunz
Congrats! The higher the pay there in Austin, the better. Living expenses is ass over there. That's why me and my wife moved back to San Angelo. It's lower economey and we grew up here.

Dell is all over the place in Austin. I bought that XPS M1710 laptop for portable gaming. When it's slow at work, I'm playing games!

I worked at this R/C Hobby store since last late May, 06. I was getting the run around with the manager. But I kept on going. I ignored his shit and only did what the owner told me to do. Basically I was acting like a manager myself. lol. So anyway he quit this month on the 1st and now I'm sort'of a manager. On top of that, me and my wife is buying the hobby store. So I went from a worker, to trying to be an owner of the shop. We're just working on a small buisness loan. Once we are approved, the game starts there. $100k+ a year, I think I like that. On top of that, I'm into the R/C hobby too, so that's a plus.

I'm tha boss!!!

-Tomi

Is it this hobby place in North Austin, near Frys.. ?

Old 12-31-2008, 02:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sLiVeRwOrM
sweet.. Ill be going to school next quarter for Bussiness Management , it will be paid for from Dell, so they can give me more money lol
hmm that's nice..i'm hoping to find something that will help me pay for a masters degree.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:19 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SHG_Chiquita
hmm that's nice..i'm hoping to find something that will help me pay for a masters degree.
Just come to Austin