Official NYC: Fit In Tune Crew member Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 05:58 PM
5 Year Member
Hey everyone, this is going to be the last post that I will make in this thread. After reading all the posts from the past several days, the following are my thoughts about it:

I am not taking any sides here. Just wanted to say how I feel about this whole thing. First of all, gettinafit, I saw your post from yesterday and after I read it, I am most definitely not pleased. I have known you for about 3 years but I just realized from last night that you have always felt that we like to gossip about you behind your back. From what you heard from Dario, you automatically felt like we were talking shit about you. Obviously, what one person tells the other, in a form of passing down a message, the content will change dramatically as it goes from one to another. For instance, like this whole argument in this thread, you obviously don't know the whole story and you are already taking sides. Because obviously, most people who made a comment in this thread don't even know the whole story. From day 1, when we started this club, Fits-In-Tune NYC, we originally only want to intake members from NYC because we knew that there was another Fit club in NJ in the name of Fit 4 War, that's why we never had the thought of ever expanding our club into NJ; THEREFORE the sticker that was designed and made says NYC. Ever since the creation of F.I.T, every meet was in NYC. After several quite successful meets, the Fit owners in NJ were not able to find a Fit club and wanted to join F.I.T. We felt that we are all Fit owners, that's why we welcome all Fit drivers to join our club. There was a time when we felt that we should make changes to the sticker due to the fact that we have new members who are from NJ, however, our final decision was to keep it NYC because our club originated from NYC - which is a "special feature" of the club. Now, you guys are all complaining of how unhappy and unjust this club had done you, but take a moment and calm yourself down to think: No one ever had a gun pointing at you to force you to join. You guys said we never gave any chances to new ideas from other members just like Hondaforlife and FitDEEZ; but before they joined our club, the stickers, T-shirts and banners were already made. Like the last Go-Kart meet, we took out the T-Shirt sample to show everyone to ask if anyone want to make any suggestions. You guys said we are unfair and give no chance for new ideas - Lance, you didn't even show up for the January meet because you had to go on a ski trip. Plus, the mini meet at Flamingo, before the mini meet, we actually went to Midas and told you about the meet, hoping that you can come and chat about the club. At that time, you said "Sure, I will come if I am free." Just these 2 examples, you were so busy taking care of your business that you can't even give yourself a chance to show up to the meet for us to give you the chance to provide new ideas for the club.

HondaforLife, I only saw you once. I can't even remember exactly of how you look like. I only know that you seemed to be cool, so what kind of gossip or bad things can I really talk about you behind your back? Anyways, you guys said Fittin' threatened the members like a Communist leader. I agree that he really didn't put his statement the right way and it was harsh. If he said the exact same thing to me, I would probably be angrier than all of you. However, when you calm down and think about it, why is he so strict and harsh? Because, before you made any changes to the sticker, he had already told you guys that it cannot be done because the sticker is the final design. Once you guys picked up the stickers from Wired, Nino told you guys the exact same thing - that the sticker cannot be altered. But you guys still made changes to the sticker regardless of what they both told you, AND inform us of the changes after. Hope that you can take a moment and make believe that you are walking in his shoes: I think you would be just as angry as he is. The mini meet in January, we were deciding to support you and make you the leader for the Breast Cancer Event in April because we have never done these events before, thats why knowing that you were going to come out on that day to help out, we were very happy. But when you said that you have to celebrate a family member's birthday and cannot make it, we felt sorry that we have to attend the event without you.

Anyways, we share a common interest - driving a Honda Fit. Supposedly, meeting all the Fit drivers is a very cool thing, but last night, a friend of mine who is also a Fit owner, who hadn't spoken to me for a long time, told me that someone emailed him and told him how terrible Fits-In-tune is. They welcomed him to join their club. To put down someone else's club to promote their own club is just wrong.

P.S. Lance - you said we only mod our cars and don't race. From day 1, F.I.T is a club that welcomes any Fit drivers - whether they mod or don't. This isn't about being a racing club. If I wanted to race, I won't even buy the Honda Fit. Any 2nd hand sports car is faster than a Fit. Sometimes you don't need to tell the whole world that you do illegal racing. Who is gonna know that you would end up racing when you are driving on the highway?

P.S. Ciggy - Hey, I saw your posts and it's funny because you always say that you will come out to the meets to support the club, but you will never join F.I.T. Funny thing is, every time we have a meet, we won't see your posts. Plus, you said you won't join our club but the way you put it is as if we always PM you and beg you to join. As if, you feel uneasy to say NO to us. That's why you said you would come out but will not join. Take a look at your signature picture, it is still Fit 4 War. Do you think that knowing that you belong to another Fit club, we will still invite you to join ours?

Anyways, hope that after everyone who read this post will take a moment to calm down and think through all that had happened - both sides had the right and the wrong. I don't care if you don't like what I said, but I am sure in the future, we will all bum into each other somewhere - whether it is auto course or car show. When we see each other, wouldn't it be better to be friends and say Hi or just be enemies and ignore each other.

Old 02-24-2010, 07:17 PM
hkjazz just gonna answer some questions/issues you brought up..

"I only know that you seemed to be cool, so what kind of gossip or bad things can I really talk about you behind your back? "

i never said anyone said anything about me? i have problems with one person here, as i've said before, everyone i met was cool.

"If he said the exact same thing to me, I would probably be angrier than all of you. However, when you calm down and think about it, why is he so strict and harsh? Because, before you made any changes to the sticker, he had already told you guys that it cannot be done because the sticker is the final design."

originally when we joined, we were told there would be a nj sticker. when he said he didnt have a nj sticker for us, and we NEEEDED to have a sticker on our car or else we wouldnt be part of the club (which of course was said in a nasty way), me and eddie thought maybe he didnt have the time or money to come up with the nj design. So, we took out the skyline and changed nyc to nj. completely harmless. not demeaning to the club in any matter. and that copyright threat was hilarious,..

"Once you guys picked up the stickers from Wired, Nino told you guys the exact same thing - that the sticker cannot be altered."

ASK nino.
he wasnt even there when eddie picked it up, nor was I.
so how did nino say the same exact thing? NO1 said ANYTHING about altering.

"we were deciding to support you and make you the leader for the Breast Cancer Event in April because we have never done these events before"

i didnt want to be a leader. this event was an event put together by friends of mine, and because its such a great cause, im helping spread the word.

"but last night, a friend of mine who is also a Fit owner, who hadn't spoken to me for a long time, told me that someone emailed him and told him how terrible Fits-In-tune is. They welcomed him to join their club. To put down someone else's club to promote their own club is just wrong."

that was not me, and as far as i know it was not eddie (fitdeez). we arent even so sure if we are starting a club. more like a group of friends with the same interests, who share ideas with no leadership. and i agree, bad -mouthing a fellow club would be wrong. If you look to my posts, i clearly have no problem with F-I-T.. the problem i DO have, is pretty obvious. the communist.
- i'll say it again. you guys were veryy cool and chill, and it seemed like a nice drama free environment at the meets, which i liked,.

"When we see each other, wouldn't it be better to be friends and say Hi or just be enemies and ignore each other. "

yessir. i have no problems with anyone but one person. anyone is welcome to join our get-togethers/meets/whatever we call it.

hope to see you guys soon.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:08 PM
Eddie,
I apologize for what I wrote with regards to the sticker. The “legal part” was inappropriate and unjust.
This thing got blown out of proportion. I hope you accept my apology and we all can move forward and let this issue rest.
For whatever it may be worth, Happy Be-lated Birthday.

Old 02-25-2010, 02:31 AM
5 Year Member
Apology accepted . I'm not 1 to hold a grudge . I know it takes a lot to apologize and it did get a little crazy but hopefully its over now.. no hard feelinings. Thanks for wishing me a happy bday I had a good time. Take care

Old 02-25-2010, 09:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hkjazz
P.S. Ciggy - Hey, I saw your posts and it's funny because you always say that you will come out to the meets to support the club, but you will never join F.I.T. Funny thing is, every time we have a meet, we won't see your posts. Plus, you said you won't join our club but the way you put it is as if we always PM you and beg you to join. As if, you feel uneasy to say NO to us. That's why you said you would come out but will not join. Take a look at your signature picture, it is still Fit 4 War. Do you think that knowing that you belong to another Fit club, we will still invite you to join ours?
When i posted about coming and participating in a meet but said I didn't want to join was solely because I did not want to sport an NYC sticker. Honestly the way im going with my car now the less stickers the better.

I have'nt changed my signature in some time i'm waiting for nice weather for new pictures of the things I have done to my car. Fit4War was a great club, the president was enthusiastic and fun and we had a great time at the meets we attented. It's just sad to say that multiple cars that were in Fit4War have been totaled and the crew died out. Which is why i expressed my interest in F.I.T. You guys had already established a large group and you were setting up meets. I would still love to come out and meet you guys I just need to know the time and the place.

I'm not acting like you guys begged me to join, but when you opened your arms to new jersey and told everyone. Me being one of the few modded fits in new jersey i felt like i was being solicited and i was glad for that because like i said i would love to take part in the meets.

Eddie and I have talked a little about setting up an NJ crew, it wont be strict or have many rules but I hope once it's all set up our crew and F.I.T can have meets together the more Fits I get to see the better and thats what it all comes down to with these clubs isn't it?

Old 02-25-2010, 12:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FITtin'
To All Fits-In-Tune Members,

As members of this club, you are prohibited to join other Fit clubs and/or create a Fit club of your own. This is a conflict of interest. Meets of any capacity are organized by myself and will not be considered a Fits-In-Tune meet without my consent. If any members that do not adhere to this simple but yet vital guideline, it is grounds for Fits-In-Tune to terminate your membership status with us, without reserve or refund.
Damn Bro you're going extremely hard, just relax bro, its a club where people come together to hang out talk about their Fits. When I went out to the meet I was very grateful you guys are great but the attitude you show here is not what I thought the club was about. I don't want to disrespect you but it really is not that serious. And if by me saying this then I'm in violation of any of your rules let me know.
Ps. the day I went out had a great time wish I could go more often work and school get in the way all the time. And to all the members I met had a blast.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member
hey guys i crashed my car on tuesday night in jersey when trying to avoid an accident.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hobbes87
hey guys i crashed my car on tuesday night in jersey when trying to avoid an accident.
OMG....How is it happen??? Are you ok?? How's the damages??

Old 02-27-2010, 12:03 AM
5 Year Member
mostly contained inthe front with the side curtains deploying on i-80. swerved to avoid, spun hit guardrail going backwards and bouncing back going the right way. im fine. airbag saved me from a concussion

Old 02-27-2010, 01:22 AM
Platinum Honda FIT Vendor
sorry to heard that, hope u r fine hobbes87~~

anyway i luv this group & i like everyone in this group.
Im proud to be one of the member in F-I-T!!!
Thx u, everyone!!

Old 02-27-2010, 02:50 PM
5 Year Member
mostly contained inthe front with the side curtains deploying on i-80. swerved to avoid, spun hit guardrail going backwards and bouncing back going the right way. im fine. airbag saved me from a concussion

Hope your car can Fix and get back on the road soon!!!

Old 02-28-2010, 10:54 PM
Good to hear your ok hobbes87. Hope your car gets well soon.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:43 AM
Well my Job situation is back in action so I'm ready to hit up
more meets and I see there's a sticker fight happening an I didn't realiz it was a legal thing to mod it. I had some made to bring to the next meet in black for windshield banners they don't have the NYC because the sticker maker messed up but they look great. I don't wanna argue should I be removing?

Old 03-12-2010, 07:47 AM
Ps i have some made for others in the group if wanted if it's all a prob then I'll remove and throw out the rest

Old 03-12-2010, 05:55 PM
nah don't throw them out. it'll be neat to check them out.

Old 03-12-2010, 06:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 92h22civichatch
Well my Job situation is back in action so I'm ready to hit up
more meets and I see there's a sticker fight happening an I didn't realiz it was a legal thing to mod it. I had some made to bring to the next meet in black for windshield banners they don't have the NYC because the sticker maker messed up but they look great. I don't wanna argue should I be removing?

hey! glad to hear things are turning around for you and that you still have your Fit, hope to see you around in some future meets.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:10 PM
5 Year Member
getting silver storm 2010 tomorrow. yay

Old 03-13-2010, 02:26 AM
5 Year Member
getting silver storm 2010 tomorrow. yay
God to hear everything go back to normal to your life. Wish see you in person soon. Are you free next Sunday?? WE are going to have a mini meet at Brooklyn. Come join us!!

At below is the details of the meet:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/new-...arch-meet.html

Good luck!!

Old 03-14-2010, 11:05 PM
congrats...glad to hear you got another one.

Old 03-14-2010, 11:46 PM
5 Year Member
picked it up yesterday with center console and floor mats. honda packed the wrong floor mats in the box and i ended up with acura mdx mats. i told the dealer and he straightened it out. i'll pick up the right mats with my plates in a couple weeks since dch old bridge is a little out of my way, but they have great service. so happy i have the console. anyone with a base fit want the armrest that they took out? i wouldnt mind parting with it if i get a little something back for it. the console is awesome, its so much more comfortable than the tiny torso-poking armrest. i need a new sticker for fits-in-tune since the 'old' car was totalled.