Official NYC: Fit In Tune Crew member Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 07:19 AM
yeap, In no way shape or form were we trying to do that. What's done is done, I'm just glad u guys got to see a sample of what me and fitdeez have been dealing with ever since we joined this "club"..

Old 02-23-2010, 07:21 AM
Ohh and happy birthday Eddie! (Fitdeez)

Old 02-23-2010, 09:32 AM
All,

Seems like hondaforlife & FitDeez has a bit of identity crisis and not really understanding what it takes to organize a club. First off, everyone needs to understand that as President of any club, you are the figurehead of the club. This positions requires the individual to represent the majority's views and opinions and then present it to all. My writings, views and decisions are always based upon what our core group decides. Every decision or reaction (that affects the well-being of the club) that I post, say or do are always consulted and discusssed with the core group before it is done. We decided not to change the club sticker layout. It is not a my or I decision folks. The caravan of our own was a unanimous decision within the core group. All of us felt that being part of the caravan would attract too much unwanted attention.

As I've always said to everyone whether on this forum or during the meets, we welcome your ideas and opinions for this club. I always give credit where credit is due. But for you 2 folks, you just cant seem to grasp the position/concept that I hold and what I have to deal with. Just because you may believe that your way is alot better doesn't mean it's the sure way or everyone has to agree with you.

Honestly, we've been having so much friction since we've extended our welcome mat to New Jersey, with the exception for the people at WiredNJ.

FitDeez & Dario,

When anyone wants to contribute their ideas from an original concept that belongs to the club, you have to consult the club "officer(s)" first before you do anything to it. What Eddie did was, do it first and then consult the club. That is where he went wrong and can't seem to grasp that.

Old 02-23-2010, 11:19 AM
5 Year Member
Well this dosent look like its gunna get any better . U may be president and founder but ur a guy with a fit like the rest of the members ..imo ur a little demanding and controling. When sum 1 does something wrong u put up this big shot attitude, state ur demands and if they do not obey they will be in violation of blah blah blah.. If sum 1 does something wrong u should say hey ur not supposed to be doing this and then explain y .. not treat sum 1 like they don't mean anything to u and ull kick them out and won't think twice.. wtf is that about.. well I'm not gunna keep this goin anymore then it did.. u can count me out aswell I had fun with all the members at past meets but F.I.T is not for me ..

Old 02-23-2010, 11:57 AM
^ I don't understand your problem. I went to fits-in-tune meetings and had lots of fun. I will support fits-in-tune.

Last edited by RedbeanGE; 02-23-2010 at 12:09 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:26 PM
5 Year Member
After reading this thread and reading what el presidente' had to say about the lightly altered sticker about taking legal action. Let me first say you made your self look silly. As for that I was planing on joining fit-in-tune and coming to the meets. Not anymore.

I will attend meets (if I am allowed). But not support the club. There is no reason anyone in the club HAS to have the correct sticker or even a sticker at all. A club is for fun or it would be called work. A club is a place where people who enjoy the same types of things get together make up secret handshakes and have fun.

I will work with Eddie to start our own open no rules club for NJ, much like Fit4War was.

Sorry fits-in-tune but aren't you just trying to enjoy your cars and have a little bit of fun?

Old 02-23-2010, 12:39 PM
5 Year Member
this is what i have to say... i think its a good idea what Fitdeez ( dont know his real name ) did was a good thing. Jimmy he approach you and also let you know what he was attending of doing, i dont think its fair to respond him like that IMHO... its just a car club of FIT not BMW or Ferrari

Old 02-23-2010, 12:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Zangoose GD3 Blue
this is what i have to say... i think its a good idea what Fitdeez ( dont know his real name ) did was a good thing. Jimmy he approach you and also let you know what he was attending of doing, i dont think its fair to respond him like that IMHO... its just a car club of FIT not BMW or Ferrari
Agreed

Dario hope to see you at some meets once the weather is nice. Those white stocks would look great on your car!

Old 02-23-2010, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Ciggy
Agreed

Dario hope to see you at some meets once the weather is nice. Those white stocks would look great on your car!
they are the EP3 si rims painted... im dying to put them on

Old 02-23-2010, 12:50 PM
5 Year Member
oh wow there very similar to our stock design my mistake lol.

Still excited to see them on your car aswell!

Last edited by Ciggy; 02-23-2010 at 12:53 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:33 PM
If i was ADMIN i close or delete this form. It has become more of a political debate rather then a social gathering attempt. In my opinion (no pun intended) it seems more as a organization with hopes of growing but its leaders ideaology are focused in a tunnel vision manner. After the first lecture to FitDEEZ it became a bashing session. i understand the sensitivity to YOUR oragnization but the delivery was type harsh. hence the fact that a car club is not for everyone.

Old 02-23-2010, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by FITtin'
All,

Seems like hondaforlife & FitDeez has a bit of identity crisis and not really understanding what it takes to organize a club. First off, everyone needs to understand that as President of any club, you are the figurehead of the club. This positions requires the individual to represent the majority's views and opinions and then present it to all. My writings, views and decisions are always based upon what our core group decides. Every decision or reaction (that affects the well-being of the club) that I post, say or do are always consulted and discusssed with the core group before it is done. We decided not to change the club sticker layout. It is not a my or I decision folks. The caravan of our own was a unanimous decision within the core group. All of us felt that being part of the caravan would attract too much unwanted attention.

As I've always said to everyone whether on this forum or during the meets, we welcome your ideas and opinions for this club. I always give credit where credit is due. But for you 2 folks, you just cant seem to grasp the position/concept that I hold and what I have to deal with. Just because you may believe that your way is alot better doesn't mean it's the sure way or everyone has to agree with you.

Honestly, we've been having so much friction since we've extended our welcome mat to New Jersey, with the exception for the people at WiredNJ.

FitDeez & Dario,

When anyone wants to contribute their ideas from an original concept that belongs to the club, you have to consult the club "officer(s)" first before you do anything to it. What Eddie did was, do it first and then consult the club. That is where he went wrong and can't seem to grasp that.
identity crisis? apparently you need a mirror buddy,.. i'll say it again. you are a president of a car club, not a communist country. guess you didnt get it the first time. . So that being said, your responses dont need to look like a IRS Warning document. . legal actions and such.. Wouldnt be surprised if you sport a crown to your next meet, or perhaps a special uniform for president ..

anyway, any tristate fits that want to hang out, with or without a title, and DEFINITELY without a "leader", keep your eyes out for a thread that will be posted in the next few days.

so long to those i met, as i stated before, you guys were cool. Whenever we have get togethers, you're welcome to join.

redbeanGE: we too went to a meet and had a great time,.. and we did want to support F-i-t,.. there was just too much dictatorship-like behavior from the "president" through pms, and replys as the ones to this thread.

well this whole dramafest was good for one thing, to make me giggle like a little school girl. .
im done. way too much time of my life wasted on this crap already.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:56 PM
5 Year Member
Anyone who read/responded to the posts... it's in the past already... I'm not too sure whether you guys don't like the club or the people. But anyways, it is in the past now. We are not children anymore, there is no winner in this debate... not like you would get a trophy out of this because the debate will never stop. Even if the people saw the post, what are they going to do? People will make their choice, so I don't think you really need to advertise your new club in this thread. Best wishes and success to your new club. But for me, as long as there is Fits-In-Tune, I will still show my support. BTW, we will still happily attend and support the April Breast Cancer event. Hope to see all of you there and no hard feelings for anyone.

^Just some personal thought here. I am sure everyone was just trying to contribute to the club in a positive way... just that we all hold different opinions.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:57 PM
5 Year Member
First off this is not directed at anyone but more of a general statement to all the recent posts. We are all adults here, no need to make things any uglier than it is by posting negative statements or pointing fingers. What was said was said and done with, let it be.

To FitDEEZ and hondaFORlife, goodluck to you guys and goodluck if you decide to make a NJ Fit club. I for one still believe in Fits-In-Tune, the essence of the club is still there, which is to bring together others fits owner who shares the same love interests of the car, with anything in life there are always going to be kinks and rough spots in the beginning that need to be worked out before it can be successful. It is never an easy tasks, people normally see the success and rewards but never all the hours of hard work that one or a group puts into to reach its goal, time and patience is the only measurement of its success.

Old 02-23-2010, 10:35 PM
Can't we all just get along?

Happy Birthday FitDeez. Hope all is well.

FitDeez, HondaFORlife, and Ciggy, good luck with starting your club out in NJ. Hope it works out well.

Not trying to down play your views or anything but I personally haven't encountered negative criticism from FITtin'. Not to say that you haven't received any on your part.

I agree with you in the sense of how the whole matter was handled with legal jargon. It could have been a little more personable as opposed to business-like. But I do see where FITtin' is coming from and how he took offense to the alteration of the club logo/ sticker that took time and effort to work out. From what HKjazz said about the SQC club and its decision to be a unanimous group despite having members from various states is a brilliant idea. They didn't change the logo because they wanted to be a club that was recognized as one.
Too bad the ideas of the Jersey folk couldn't be incorporated into the NYer's future logo that would respectfully honor both parties.

Speaking from prior experience in organizing and collaborating clubs; I understand FITtin' stance and obligation to be the figure head of the clubs views, actions and responses. It just comes with the territory of being the President of the club. It is however unfortunate that you do see him as the ultimate word and thinking of the whole club which I assure you is not true.

It sucks that it had to come down to this and hope it all works out for everyone.

All in all. It is what it is. To each their own. No disrespect to anyone but I still support Fits-In-Tune.

Last edited by FitRigger; 02-23-2010 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Adding text
Old 02-23-2010, 10:54 PM
5 Year Member
Opinion!

I have to add an opinion to all of this...........

Some may not know me much and that's fine. I'm too busy to be apart of this back and forth stuff, since I'm working on Building my Midas Shop's business.

With that said, I did sponsor a F-i-t meet at my shop and it went well, and everyone had a good time. When we do get together it isn't about the Club or the leader or the "core group", but it is about the "Honda Fit". That is why we come out and get together, and if we make friends that's nice too. Keep in mind that some people are going to agree with others more than some, but that is what makes us human. But the "HONDA FIT" is what the club should be about IMHO. --- Yes that comes with "drivers and owners" that have personalities, but people have to get along.... NOT Threatened......... Be Civil and be a little more open....

Some of the comments that I have seen from the president towards some, have been somewhat stern and out of frustration and possibly said without consulting EVERYONE, and I mean just shooting the idea down without any consideration of the rest of the members or everyone is just not right!

I think the main issue is the "core group" versus EVERYONE.

This group does not make it available for EVERYONE as a Fit Owner to have a voice..... Or for sport car enthusists to have a say since the "core group" isn't really that much into racing.... That wasn't on the application for membership.....

A description of the group and what it stands for was not written down in front of me when I signed and paid my $5..... I feel that it is a coffee club of friends that gossip about Honda Fits and other people and do things that the "core group" feels is good to do..... (My opinion and I'm entitled to it!)

A voice that is not heard in PUBLIC is not a voice of the group at all, but rather the filtered voice of the "core group". A voice that has been screened by the "core group" and then "possibly" put out on the table towards everyone, is not a "Fits in Tune everyone message", but rather a Core- Group- in tunes voice......

I'm NOT TELLING ANYONE WHAT TO DO OR NOT TO DO! But I strongly agree with the NJ Peoples and Dario!

Some people who share "EXACT" common interests as the CORE GROUP and I mean EXACT Common interest, MAY enjoy this club. If you are one of the "core group", or close friends of the core group, then you will see/share the same interests EXACTLY. But then why not just start an application form to fill out so that people know what to expect instead of making F-I-T angry when they exercise thier freedom of speech!? Don't insult people for being individuals!?!@?!? NOT EVERYONE IS THE SAME!

I have to say to F-I-T, YOU guys should not deal with this such indifference in this manner.... It's not nice, nor professional, no matter how you say how hard your lives have been and/or how hard the managing is (for the core group that is being said to, not just Jimmy), it's not this serious! It's a CAR CLUB and it should be for everyone.....

Until then... This Group IS NOT FOR ME....

Old 02-23-2010, 11:47 PM
5 Year Member
wow....gettinafit, you are entitled to your opinion but did you actually tried and find out the all the facts before you insulted everyone in the group or did you just formed an opinion by reading what was posted? There are always three sides to every story.

FYI: the purpose of the last mini meet was to get opinions and ideas in what other and all members wanted to do in future meets and what ideas they have to help the club progress.

Last edited by Choro-Q_Fit; 02-24-2010 at 12:39 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:23 AM
5 Year Member
that was well put, imo

Old 02-24-2010, 01:23 AM
5 Year Member
I just want everyone be happy and have some fun.

I'm sorry whoever leaving the club, but I hope we still can see each other without hurt feeling. Whatever is done is done, it is not necessary to make it worse.

I love to join whoever host the meet, F.I.T. is a great club. I like the meet that we host so far, I will enjoy to attend to the other too . I believe all kind of misunderstanding can be solve, and it doesn't sound that bad according to the post.

Be honest, everyone get their points, No one is right, no one is wrong. We should talk peaceful at all time. I hope the idea of Sharing not become Arguing as right now.

Well, I guess I should say Good Luck with the NJ group, and hope see you all at April Meet.

Last edited by sy11580; 02-24-2010 at 01:32 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:16 AM
Thank you getinafit.

Quick Reply: Official NYC: Fit In Tune Crew member Thread