Merchant Group Buys and New Product Sales This area is for private individuals or small merchants to list NEW Products For Sale or to Organize Group Buys. Unlike "FIT VENDORS" on the forum, the staff of FITFREAK does not perform any background checks on individuals listing product offerings in this sub-forum. Payment is required in order to list your product in this sub-forum. CLICK HERE for payment details and instant Thread Posting access to this sub-forum.

Progress RSB Group buy New Edge

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 03:04 PM
make sure all of the bolts are torqued right? it could just be the springs settling, I don't know from experience, just wanted to give some kind of input since no one else has yet :-P

Old 07-27-2008, 11:00 PM
June 2007 3rd Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
sway bar

Thanks. I did make sure they were correctly torqued. I've been driving a lot today and it seems like it's going away.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:48 AM
Merchant / Group Buy Organizer ( non-certified )
Originally Posted by pokems23
Just installed sway bar. I hear hollow knocking sound in the rear. I read in the directions to rock the car to let the springs settle. Is that what's happening when I hear the sound? It seems to be most audible when going over speed bumps or deep dips in the road. I also here it when I make hard U-turns. Is this normal? It seems like it's going away the more I drive.

It could be the springs are not oriented properly in the spring pockets...sounds like they are finally seating .

Thanks for your business.

Tony D
Your Progress Dealer

Old 07-29-2008, 02:47 AM
im interested in buyin' whats the price right now?... and by any chance do you know any shops in So Cal that would install "em for me? im a noob at this. thanks in advance.

Old 07-29-2008, 02:39 PM
$149.95 Shipped in the Lower 48 States

Originally Posted by xxgotfit?xx
im interested in buyin' whats the price right now?... and by any chance do you know any shops in So Cal that would install "em for me? im a noob at this. thanks in advance.
Gotfit,

The price is $149.95 shipped via Ground in the lower 48 states.

Thanks for your interest. I do not have any recommendations for an installer as I am on the East Coast. Hopefully someone here on FitFreak may know someone in your area that they can recommend.

Tony D
Your Progress Dealer

Old 07-29-2008, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by xxgotfit?xx
if you can put a screw into a pre-drilled board you can install a progress rear sway bar, promise.

don't waste your money when you could just spend 15 minutes learning something new :-D

Old 07-29-2008, 03:38 PM
June 2007 3rd Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
sway install

Could the knocking that I hear be caused by this? Is this the solution?

Taller bolts....
Name:  1.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  25.1 KB

Result in spring scrape.
Name:  2.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  23.9 KB

Solution with shorter tops of bolt? For more even spring setting.
Name:  4.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  19.4 KB

Old 07-29-2008, 04:03 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by drzenitram
if you can put a screw into a pre-drilled board you can install a progress rear sway bar, promise.

don't waste your money when you could just spend 15 minutes learning something new :-D
drzenitram is right, as long as you have the necessary tools. If you do not have a good floor jack and jack stands, you probably won't be able to do a good, or safe, job. But the cost of a floor jack and jack stands is less than you will be charged by a mechanic to do this very simple job. And then you will have these tools for the rest of your life, saving money, on things like doing your own oil changes. Costco has a nice aluminum racing floor jack for under $100.00. Order on-line or pick up from your local warehouse store. Pick up jack stands at any auto parts store.

Old 07-29-2008, 04:08 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by pokems23
Could the knocking that I hear be caused by this? Is this the solution?

Taller bolts....

Result in spring scrape.

Solution with shorter tops of bolt? For more even spring setting.
If you have after-market springs, you may need the shallow head Panducky bolts. If your springs are stock, the bolts supplied with your bar are fine. Progress designed their RSB for stock Fits. There have been fitment issues with after-market springs, and different issues with different springs. The Progress RSB has no fitment problems with Progress lowering springs.

Old 07-29-2008, 04:36 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by manxman
If you have after-market springs, you may need the shallow head Panducky bolts. If your springs are stock, the bolts supplied with your bar are fine. Progress designed their RSB for stock Fits. There have been fitment issues with after-market springs, and different issues with different springs. The Progress RSB has no fitment problems with Progress lowering springs.
This is true. I have heard of some people having problems with Fitment with the RSB, and dropped on Skunks.

I personally have the Progress springs, and RSB and it fit up well together.

Tyler

Old 07-30-2008, 03:22 AM
LmAO i gotta be the most retarded person.. i thought this was the progress springs! boy do i feel stupid right now... anyway I'm planning on dropping my car and im leaning towards progress lowering springs, anyway like i said im still learning, this is my first car and i'd like to know if i'd had to get anything else besides the springs.. And if they would void my warranty in any way.. i want to have a nice ride without having to sacrifice comfort and my warranty lol...

Old 07-30-2008, 09:59 AM
lol, i'm on progress springs too. you'll need a ratchet set, a tire iron, 4 jack stands, a jack, and preferably a spring compressor. there's a write up on how to install skunk2 springs which is pretty accurate.

above all else, when doing the install, make sure you keep the axle supported(more like the rotor), if it falls out you'll spend 30min-1 hr 1/2 getting the axle back in.

i'd say it's a fairly intermediate level mod, though. where installing a cold air intake or an axle back or the progress rear sway bar would be beginner, installing springs would certainly be intermediate.

I'd recommend getting a friend who has installed springs before to come over and help, buy him lunch or something, just to save yourself some headache that you may end up with.

as far as warranty, you'll be giving up the warranty on your springs(of course) and your shocks, but given that the progress drop and stiffness are fairly close to stock, you shouldn't have to worry TOO much about the life of the springs. you probably won't need an alignment done either. however, you should probably expect to need some new shocks(buy coilovers) around 30,000-40,000 miles.

I would say that the ride on the progress springs is very comfortable. I don't feel any bumps I didn't feel before, but the springs are a bit bouncy on some roads. 95% of roads I don't notice it, but on the highway coming home from work my carpooling passenger who talks 24/7 sounds like he's trying to speak with vibrato.

oh, and you can rent a spring compressor at oreillys for like $85(which you get ALL of that money back after you finish if you return the product intact). put the spring compressor on the outside of the spring as you're taking it off, make sure that just as the spring is about to come off of the shock that you tighten up the compressor so that what you end up loosening is the compressor to get the spring off, it should be ready to slide off of the shock.

oh, and the bump stop is INSIDE the boot of the strut. lol. at first I thought it was the black thing, but it's not, it's a tan dude.

Last edited by drzenitram; 07-30-2008 at 10:02 AM.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by drzenitram
as far as warranty, you'll be giving up the warranty on your springs(of course) and your shocks, but given that the progress drop and stiffness are fairly close to stock, you shouldn't have to worry TOO much about the life of the springs. you probably won't need an alignment done either. however, you should probably expect to need some new shocks(buy coilovers) around 30,000-40,000 miles.
ohh I see.. any other options besides buying the coilovers? i know that will be in a long time and i'll probably have the money then.. but just in case lol.. im still trying to decide between progress and skunk2's.. do you have any experience with skunk2's?

Old 07-31-2008, 10:33 AM
A new shipment of Progress RSBs and Springs just arrived!

I just finished unloading a pallet load of Progress rear sway bars and lowering springs for the Fit. Get'em while they are fresh!!!

The Fit springs have been on back order for some time, get yours now as they always sell out fast!

Tony D
Your Progress Dealer

Old 07-31-2008, 11:40 AM
5 Year Member
Placed my order for the rear bar yesterday!

Old 07-31-2008, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the order!

Originally Posted by Rod2Rice
Placed my order for the rear bar yesterday!

I just printed the shipping label, you will get a email or 2 later today with tracking info.

Thanks again for your business!

Tony D
Your Progress Dealer...New Edge Performance

Old 08-01-2008, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by NewEdgePerf
I just finished unloading a pallet load of Progress rear sway bars and lowering springs for the Fit. Get'em while they are fresh!!!

The Fit springs have been on back order for some time, get yours now as they always sell out fast!

Tony D
Your Progress Dealer

Great! will be ordering next week! when then next paycheck comes lol.

Old 08-04-2008, 03:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by NewEdgePerf
I just printed the shipping label, you will get a email or 2 later today with tracking info.

Thanks again for your business!

Tony D
Your Progress Dealer...New Edge Performance

Got it today, looks real nice!

2 questions, is it true the springs need to come out to install? I havent even really looked under the back of the car to see what needs to be done to do that, is it just the typical remove the lower shock bolt and the rear will drop?
Second, what grade are the bolts, and are the zinc plated or anything? I may look into getting some stainless bolts if I can find the same size just to keep it all from corroding over time.

Old 08-05-2008, 05:45 PM
5 Year Member
You do have to remove the springs to mount the bar. Each side is held on by three bolts and to slide the bolts in and tighten the nuts you will have to remove springs. It's very easy though as you just simply drop the suspension.

Just get the tools and start on it and youll be done in less than an hour. Very easy. Locktite is recomended on the bolts but I havent put on mines yet and had it on for over a month and its still torqued. I will dap some on this weekend just for peace of mind.

Old 08-10-2008, 12:49 AM
5 Year Member
Installed it today, could immediately feel the improvement on turns. I also got some stainless hardware at Home Depot, so hopefully will last longer than the hardware that came with it. One thing to note, make sure you unbolt the shocks on both sides at the same time, otherwise the springs wont come out. Figured I would pass that on.

Quick Reply: Progress RSB Group buy New Edge