King Motorsports
Through the years King Motorsports has always maintained cutting edge technology through our racing efforts. There is no better proving ground! From a 45-minute sprint race to the demands of a 6-hour endurance race, King Motorsports and Mugen performance products have always powered the champions! This is the same race-winning technology that King Motorsports and Mugen uses to produce performance products for your Honda or Acura automobile! From the high banks of Daytona to the "Kink" at Road America, we have proven our products again and again.

Thread for Mugenized Fit's

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 04:10 AM
5 Year Member
hmm... wow, I honestly was unaware that Mugen made one... is it more pricey then the T1R? I know the T1R retails for $300... also, who carries the Mugen Pod?

They actually both look identical to me. Maybe it's cause they are shown from different angles?
can anyone point out the differences in looks of the two?

Thanks guys!

Last edited by JamesBizzle; 05-16-2008 at 06:45 AM.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:27 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by los_creeper
what size is the piping on the exhaust that bolts up to the mid? 50mm? stock? just wanna know so i can plan it all out. heard it's not cool to have a bigger mid feed into a smaller exhaust... feel free to elaborate, please.
Not sure of the size of the Mugen Muffler pipe... Kingmotorsports website does not show any specs. I would recommend if you are upgrading the mid pipe to just get a complete system from Ben at A&J Racing and go all T1R. That way you know it all works together...

I do have the T1r test pipe on my system with a stock mid pipe and the Mugen muffler. That setup work and sounds great. A link to my YouTubeVideo is a few pages back if you want to hear it

Old 05-16-2008, 06:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JamesBizzle
hmm... wow, I honestly was unaware that Mugen made one... is it more pricey then the T1R? I know thew T1R retails for $300... also, who carries the Mugen Pod?

They actually both look identical to me. Maybe it's cause they are show in different angles?
can anyone point out the differences in looks of the two?

Thanks guys!
Not totally sure but I can tell you that the T1R one was really designed by Ben at A&J Racing to be used with his turbo kit. So it has boost where the Mugen one does not... so the gauges are different.

Old 05-16-2008, 07:05 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tel1sps
Not totally sure but I can tell you that the T1R one was really designed by Ben at A&J Racing to be used with his turbo kit. So it has boost where the Mugen one does not... so the gauges are different.
Thanks for the info, but I know Ben's running the T1R pod in the AJ-R Fit and that Mugen doesn't offer a Boost gauge, but K's does. This is irrelevant to me though because either (or any for that mater) pod can be used with any boost/oil/water gauge so long as the gauges are the specified size for the pod.

I just want to know how much the Mugen's going for and who can get it? (in the sates) I'm trying to gauge which route would be more affordable take. take into Consideration the shipping/brokerage from Canada...

I'm still not convinced that Mugen makes a pod though cause I didn't find in on King Motorsports and AJ-R's websites ...

Last edited by JamesBizzle; 05-16-2008 at 07:09 AM.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:24 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the info, but I know Ben's running the T1R pod in the AJ-R Fit and that Mugen doesn't offer a Boost gauge, but K's does. This is irrelevant to me though because either (or any for that mater) pod can be used with any boost/oil/water gauge so long as the gauges are the specified size for the pod.

I just want to know how much the Mugen's going for and who can get it? (in the sates) I'm trying to gauge which route would be more affordable take. take into Consideration the shipping/brokerage from Canada...

I'm still not convinced that Mugen makes a pod though cause I didn't find in on King Motorsports and AJ-R's websites ...
Kingmotorsports has it listed on their website for $1,460
Mugen Driver Assist Meters
King Motorsports Unlimited, Inc.
Convinced???

Old 05-16-2008, 10:37 AM
LOL, Mugen makes a pod, but you have to buy the gauges with it as well!!

The T1R pod you can buy by itself and put whatever gauges you want in there.

BTW, you could probably get the Mugen Boost gauge from the Honda Life and wire it to work with the Fit if you went turbo!

Old 05-16-2008, 10:52 AM
5 Year Member
Here is a pic of the Kingmotorsports Fit with the pod installed....

Old 05-16-2008, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tel1sps
Kingmotorsports has it listed on their website for $1,460
Mugen Driver Assist Meters
King Motorsports Unlimited, Inc.
Convinced???
Thanks for link... that's "alotta" money...

Originally Posted by Mugen_Dom
LOL, Mugen makes a pod, but you have to buy the gauges with it as well!!

The T1R pod you can buy by itself and put whatever gauges you want in there.

BTW, you could probably get the Mugen Boost gauge from the Honda Life and wire it to work with the Fit if you went turbo!
I was gonna say "WTF, $1400 for a damn pod" lol. but still, $1400 for a pod and gauges is a grip too.

Thanks both of you guys, I think I'll stick with my original plans to go with the T1R.

Old 05-16-2008, 07:25 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member

I was gonna say "WTF, $1400 for a damn pod" lol. but still, $1400 for a pod and gauges is a grip too.

Thanks both of you guys, I think I'll stick with my original plans to go with the T1R.
James, I got a pretty dope CF universal Gaugepod from carbon trix. 3 gauge pod for $99!

Old 05-16-2008, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member

Good choice... If you are going to go that route send me a pm and I'll give you some other info

Old 05-16-2008, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member
where can u buy the T1R guage pod ?? its not on the site that i can find someone help me out ??

Old 05-16-2008, 10:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TeamStaNceFIT07
where can u buy the T1R guage pod ?? its not on the site that i can find someone help me out ??
Call A&J Racing.... A&J Racing

You can PM me also for more info.....

Ask for Ben and tell him that I sent you

Old 05-16-2008, 10:56 PM
5 Year Member
Pioc of the A&J Pod

Old 05-16-2008, 11:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
James, I got a pretty dope CF universal Gaugepod from carbon trix. 3 gauge pod for $99!
WOW, that's a GOOD price. I'll definitely look into that one.

good looking out Chris. BTW, Mike tell you anything new recently

Old 05-17-2008, 10:59 AM
5 Year Member
Here are some pics of my new / used Mugen header that I picked up from PanDucky MotorSports. I will install today and take a few pics of the install....

Just how I like them... Baked and Blue

I hear the Mugen header gives nice gains across the range... I'll let you know how the seat of the pants dyno feels.... and I guess I'll have to do another sound clip of the exhaust as it should change a bit. More fun to follow

Old 05-17-2008, 12:09 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mugen_Dom
The T1R gauge pod is slightly different than the Mugen gauge pod.

Here's a couple pics of the T1R:

I cant seem to find those on the AJ racing site

Old 05-17-2008, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by dewthedew
I cant seem to find those on the AJ racing site
They're not.

You have to either give them a call or email them. You could PM but as they've been really busy prepping for a show, I wouldn't recommend it.

Old 05-17-2008, 03:21 PM
5 Year Member
Mugen Header installed .... pics will be loaded soon. Easy header to install... much easier then the S2000 header. Time to take for a test drive

Old 05-17-2008, 10:09 PM
5 Year Member
Here is a summary of the Mugen Header Install on my 2008 Fit... I bought it used from PanDucky MotorSports and did not have any instructions so if I missed anything let me know

Anyway I've installed a lot of headers and have to say that this was the easiest install that I have ever done. Looking over the header it is typical Mugen quality... nice piece of high quality workmanship!

STEP1; Remove the heat shield off of the stock exhaust manifold. Easy to do as it is held on with three bolts that are all easy to reach with a socket wrench with a swivel joint and short extension.

STEP2; Loosen the three bolts and two stud nuts that hold the exhaust manifold to the head. Just loosen for now.....

STEP3; Remove cat or in my case the T1R test pipe (This is optional and would probably not do next time. I just did to have more room to work since I'm working in my driveway and not on a lift at a garage.)

STEP4; Loosen bolt holding the manifold support bracket and remove the bracket to manifold bolt. This is a must in order to remove the stock manifold.

STEP5; Take off the three exhaust manifold bolts and two stud nuts. Unclip the O2 sensor wire and remove header from the head. Place on floor next to the new header and say "Wow this header looks sweet compared to the stock manifold.

STEP6; Remove o2 sensor from stock manifold and put on new header.

STEP7; Place Mugen header on the two studs... put the three bots and two nuts on loose, do not tighten yet. Attach O2 sensor.

STEP8; Attach manifold brace... again do not tighten yet.

STEP9; Attach Test Pipe and tighten everything now... Tighten test pipe bolts and manifold brace bolts.

STEP10; Tighten the three header bolts and two stud nuts.

Done... Look everything over... make sure everything is tight. Take for test drive and check for leaks or weird noises. If everything sounds good then take for seat of pants dyno run to put a big smile on your face

****Remember I did not have any instructions but have installed a lot of headers over the years. So these are the main steps to follow. They should help if you have not done this before. Feel free to pm me with any questions. Always looking to help fellow Honda brothers and sisters out!

Old 05-23-2008, 11:59 AM
I think this thread should be moved to the Videos and Pictures forum.

Quick Reply: Thread for Mugenized Fit's