Maintenance Check

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 01:01 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by holokai
true. you might even piss them off if you come in complaining about some BS symptom that is completely your fault and could be fixed by reading the manual.

all things considered, the main point in all of this would be to do your research before opening your mouth, be humble about what you know, ask intelligent questions (people will respond intelligently), and listen to what people have to say. in even simpler terms, just don't be a jackass and you'll find more help than hate.
i agree with all that but i aint being a jackass. i never tried to start anythign with anyone. seems like you are takign this more seriously than me or anyone else........

Old 11-12-2009, 01:20 AM
nah was cherry i think the other cars was helping blocking it.. maybe the rain will hold it down

Old 11-12-2009, 05:18 AM
Originally Posted by chinkyy
... i'll mod what i want when i want. and i knew what they were gonna do. ...

well i don't want to be a dick but if you're gonna make comments like those above it sure sounds like you're being a jackass. it makes you look like a jackass if you come asking what a maintenance code means when you could easily look it up in the manual and then you start bitching about labor cost and then act like you knew about the labor cost coming all along. i hope next time you consider that if you contradict yourself you'll just look like a jackass due to the fact that your previous posts are visible to show the contradiction in your words/opinions. fair enough? if you have a problem with people being honest you should go post on FH. . . if you can't accept any constructive criticism or advice then i promise i won't even try to give it.

p.s. the "i was just joking" or "you're taking this too seriously" BS is just another cop out way of saying "i was wrong but don't want to admit it"

Old 11-12-2009, 05:20 AM
Originally Posted by HONDAMATIC
nah was cherry i think the other cars was helping blocking it.. maybe the rain will hold it down
hope so. if not can grab rope from the store room. let me know if you can't get away from the booth and i'll grab some for you.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:03 AM
its better to just do maintenance stuff yourself, i'd rather know that my oil is actually changed instead of taking their word for it. not saying that they don't do it. but i like to know whats going on with my car and work on it all my self and take it to a shop when it needs to be taken in for something that i'm not capable of doing my self; ex, welding my exhaust on.. but to each their own i guess right?

Old 11-12-2009, 03:11 PM
5 Year Member
ya I know that I should do these things myself now.

as for holokai,I already thanked you for telling me what to do.what more do you want. and mods have nothing to do with maintenance checks.so I dont know why you brought that up.I already admtted my problem was that I didn't know labor prices and that this is my first car that I had to take care of myself. so iono why youkeep trying to debate with me. I thoght this was over.I admitted things a few days ago as you can see in previous posts.if you want an appology you ain't getting one.there's no reason I didn't insult you or anything.

as far as I concerned I'm over with this I learned what I needed to. I ain't mad or nothing. no hard feelings from me at least.

Old 11-12-2009, 10:19 PM
@ chinkyy

i don't want an apology from you as one isn't warranted. the point is that you initially made a fuss about paying for maintenance when you could have declined service from the dealership and done it yourself (if you did do so you didn't specify). you then proceeded to take a "oh, i knew it was going to be expensive" attitude and later changed to a "well this is the first care i've owned" standpoint when everyone commented that doing maintenance yourself is better. the comment about mods being different from maintenance isn't helping your case either; would you trust your car to be modified by someone who can't even change oil? i'm not trying to come down on you but you're projecting an attitude that shows immaturity and a lack of common sense (didn't read the owner's manual). people here are more than willing to help if you're humble and are open to constructive criticism; i have no hard feelings or ill will so it's really up to you on how you take my comments and proceed.

Old 11-12-2009, 10:52 PM
5 Year Member
no i think you misunderstood me man. i knew what was to be done in a B1 maintainance check, check all fluids, rotate tires, check suspension, battery life, etc. my problem was i did not know the labor prices or rate and i clearly stated that in this thread. so if not knowing labor prices makes me immature. i guess i am then. this is probably a misunderstanding thats all, but if u still feel the same way then i dont know what to say.

btw i would not post in this forum if i didnt appreciate your guys comments and feedback. i got into something with die lawn a month ago but i appreciate how he gave me some feedback in this thread. i never go on fitfreak looking for a fight or whatever. thats just a waste of my time and everyone elses.

Old 11-13-2009, 04:32 AM
i think we could go on and on about this topic so let's suffice to say that i think you didn't approach the subject in the best manner to generate a positive reaction and that you believe it was a misunderstanding. i really don't have much more to say to you because i find that no matter what i (or anyone) say(s) you will always have an answer or explanation. this is not a bad thing but definitely not my cup of tea. speaking of a waste of time. . .