Want to get a Fit

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 01:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kvn
by the way.. i got silver.. thanks for your advice man.. haha...
The number of SSM grows by leaps and bounds.
Congrats Kvn.

Old 05-03-2009, 02:42 AM
kvn....you should NOT have to pay documentation fees!
"Documentation/administration" fees were on my purchase agreement but had 3 'xs' across the 185.00. I don't know why it's written then x'd out.

If you go to www.honda.ca. then go to "Fit" then to 'build it,price it' you will see everything listed with the exception of another 25.00 for a tire levy.
Once you get to the end of building your Fit, with options (if you want any), you will see the costs listed. At the bottom it says "total cost due upon delivery" but as I said, add another 25.00 tire levy THEN take off the 1000.00 PST for B.C. residents for a fuel efficiency program. (taken off immediately on the purchase agreement but not listed on the Honda.ca website.)

Also watch for an anti-theft registration fee on the purchase agreement which might also be automatically listed to the tune of 289.00. You don't need this and the business agent should mention its added on but you have the option...so tell them to take it off.

The only 'freebie' I got was the back splash guards...but your dealer may be more generous.

Old 05-03-2009, 04:07 AM
5 Year Member
Honestly speaking, with the economy soo bad now, you as the shopper really have a lot of bargaining power~ Think about it, not a lot of people out there have 20K to throw around, not to mention having a stable income~

If I was the dealer, I would be more worry about losing a 20K deal then to lose a couple of hundred bucks on application fee or accessiores~

Old 05-03-2009, 10:54 AM
5 Year Member
Absolutely right, Guinness. Remember, the economic law of supply & demand apply both ways.

Just bear in mind, that dealers cannot be expected to sell at a loss (they are in business for a profit), so be reasonable too. Don't sound like you just got off the boat.

To be sure you get a great deal, do your homework before signing on the dotted line.

Last edited by Benggolf; 05-03-2009 at 07:36 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:59 PM
5 Year Member
Well of cos Beng, cant expect them to give u keys with no down =) But be nice, do ur homework, and show the sales that you are REALLY serious about the purchase.

As long as you are fair, I dun see why the dealership will not play nice =)

Old 05-04-2009, 01:38 PM
kvn
thanks guys.. i figured out everything and im just wainting for the dude to tell me when i can get my car... hopefully the next few days..

Old 05-04-2009, 01:39 PM
kvn
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Benggolf
Absolutely right, Guinness. Remember, the economic law of supply & demand apply both ways.

Just bear in mind, that dealers cannot be expected to sell at a loss (they are in business for a profit), so be reasonable too. Don't sound like you just got off the boat.

To be sure you get a great deal, do your homework before signing on the dotted line.

hopefully i didn't sound too FOB when bargaining.. haha....

Old 05-04-2009, 10:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kvn
hopefully i didn't sound too FOB when bargaining.. haha....
Look and watch the expression on his face.

Old 05-10-2009, 02:37 AM
5 Year Member
Well, whatever happened to Kaka921? Did she finally take delivery?

Old 05-10-2009, 02:40 AM
I still haven't got my Fit........
and it's a long long story that I don't even want to explain anymore

was referrred by my friend's friend, now my friend have been talking to middlegate's fleet manager and we are going to get the car this coming Tuesday. and not blue anymore, going to get the blackberry instead. which isn't a bad thing, since it looks both purple and black. Duo color~~~

Old 05-10-2009, 02:45 AM
kvn
Originally Posted by kaka921

was referrred by my friend's friend, now my friend have been talking to middlegate's fleet manager and we are going to get the car this coming Tuesday. and not blue anymore, going to get the blackberry instead. which isn't a bad thing, since it looks both purple and black. Duo color~~~

although mine was auto.. not standard... (it was a sad story.. getting a fit sports without standard is somehow, in my opinion, a little waste.. ) anyhow.. drove it for a day... no regrets... love it... update us when u got it.. it is very exciting to get a new car.. lol..

Old 05-10-2009, 02:48 AM
heh, you should learn the standard too~

I am sure I am going to drive my frd crazy when picking up the car on Tuesday, since I can't even do it properly XD

Old 05-10-2009, 05:12 AM
5 Year Member

LOL make sure the paperwork is done correctly or u are gonna run into the same problem again. GL~

Old 05-10-2009, 05:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kvn
although mine was auto.. not standard... (it was a sad story.. getting a fit sports without standard is somehow, in my opinion, a little waste.. ) anyhow.. drove it for a day... no regrets... love it... update us when u got it.. it is very exciting to get a new car.. lol..
Come on you people, shopping for a car and getthing the car u want is suppose to be fun~

Auto is a good DD, less effort to drive, no need to shift and stuff. Love your fit man~

Old 05-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by Guinness
LOL make sure the paperwork is done correctly or u are gonna run into the same problem again. GL~
well it was not just the paperwork and the horrible lady at the office who did not even know how to treat her customers
PLUS it was not the customer's responsibility to make sure the paperwork was done properly; how were we supposed to know what should or shouldn't be on the paper when we don't even work there. The dealer people are hired for some reasons. and no one would have expected they did not know their car's colors and did not know exactly what was in the inventory until the very last minute.

it was some problems that could be realized WAY earlier beforehand and solved WAY earlier.

Anyway, let's not bring this up anymore

Last edited by kaka921; 05-10-2009 at 12:48 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:11 PM
5 Year Member
well it was not just the paperwork and the horrible lady at the office who did not even know how to treat her customers
PLUS it was not the customer's responsibility to make sure the paperwork was done properly; how were we supposed to know what should or shouldn't be on the paper when we don't even work there. The dealer people are hired for some reasons. and no one would have expected they did not know their car's colors and did not know exactly what was in the inventory until the very last minute.

it was some problems that could be realized WAY earlier beforehand and solved WAY earlier.

Anyway, let's not bring this up anymore
Like I said, make sure the paperwork (financing) its done correctly or u are gonna run into the same problem again =)

Misunderstanding comes both ways, no one is right or wrong... perhaps you can use the car purchase experience as a lesson and hopefully your new car brightens up your day.

Its just too bad is still not the colour u want, but at least its still a fit MT Fit =D Gratz

Old 05-10-2009, 02:17 PM
kvn
Come on you people, shopping for a car and getthing the car u want is suppose to be fun~

Auto is a good DD, less effort to drive, no need to shift and stuff. Love your fit man~

im working on it.. haha... im still shopping around as to what to do for my first mod for this car... any suggestions???

Old 05-10-2009, 02:18 PM
Like I said, make sure the paperwork (financing) is done correctly or u are gonna run into the same problem again =)

Misunderstanding comes both ways, no one is right or wrong... perhaps you can use the car purchase experience as a lesson and hopefully your new car brightens up your day.

Its just too bad is still not the colour u want, but at least its still a fit MT Fit =D Gratz
you really do sound like that lady in the office

like I said, it is their job to make sure the paperwork is done right, not the customers. They are getting paid for some reasons
We are paying for work to be done properly. I kind of doubt there could be similar problems coming up again since this time the manager does know what's actually in their lot.

right, there is no real right or wrong
but customer always comes first. That's the way of customer service. When my friend told the manager in middlegate what happened, the first thing he said was he wanted to apologize as he also represents honda. That's what impressed my friend.

It's actually not a bad thing at all. I think I will like the other color too.

And I seriously do not want to talk about this endless topic anymore
my day was quite brighten until you brought this up again.........sigh

Last edited by kaka921; 05-10-2009 at 02:27 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kvn
im working on it.. haha... im still shopping around as to what to do for my first mod for this car... any suggestions???
Umm, there are so many things you can play around with the fit.

usually people change their lights to HID first, because that gets the best atraction and its one of the cheapest mod (other than air refreshener or ricey accessories)

Window tinting is another good one, specially when summer is not too far away.

Whatever you decide to do, make sure to have fun during the process =)

Hopefully we meet on our next car meet =)

+Rep for u~ welcome to the fit world

Last edited by Guinness; 05-10-2009 at 02:55 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:47 PM
5 Year Member
you really do sound like that lady in the office...

right, there is no real right or wrong
but customer always comes first. That's the way of customer service.

my day was quite brighten until you brought this up again.........sigh
Lets not point fingers or accuse anyone for their wrongdoing. I am a customer too, and I used to work as the manager of customer service for a renowned bank *ahem*- so I know what it means when u state "Customer always comes first" - but I aint going to explain it cos its not necessary - not to mention i dun want argument.

I am just saying things happen so take it in as a lesson and be smart next time.

Be happy cos u got a fit - let go of the past and move on =) There is no reason to get upset cos u learn something valuable.

Cheers~

Quick Reply: Want to get a Fit