Hi from a civic owner in Vancouver

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 02:48 AM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Hi from a civic owner in Vancouver

Hi I'm Matt from Vancouver. almost 2 months ago I was on a quest for a new car, and I settled on a 2007 Civic EX coupe. I wanted a Honda just because of the reliability all of my friends praised Honda for. So I was set on test driving a Fit and a Civic. The fit looked great for me, 4 doors lots of room, not too flashy and lots of third-party aftermarket support. But when I went to test drive them, they didn't have a MT Fit in so I ended up test driving an 5MT Civic coupe. I immediately fell in love with the space ship Dashboard and the kick ass stock stereo. The Moon Roof was another thing that made me want the civic. After driving it I was sold, without even giving the Fit a fighting chance!!

Anyhow 8 weeks later I really enjoy my car for certain things, but just recently I've been pondering what it would have been like to own a Fit! Things that bug me about the 8th gen Civic coupe:
- The A pillars while adding so much to the appearance of the car, are really annoying when making a left turn.
- Getting in and out of the car. I'm not that tall 5'9 so my seat is not that far back, the doors on the coupe are huge (to be expected) and it always feels like I have to do a yoga manouever to get in and out.
- The colour: I was originally so excited to be able to get an EX in royal blue, the fact I have to wash it once a week sucks!
- Mods, mods for the 8th gen are not cheap! I'm thinking mods for the fit will be way cheaper since that car has been around for what 5 years now in Japan? I really want to be able to personalize my car and trying t o do that on this civic seems like an overwhelming task that will cost me a BUNCH!
- SI! I didn't get the SI because it didn't come in Royal Blue, well now that's funny since I'm not that thrilled about my Royal blue anymore. I don't like not having the highest trim level especially since I would have had enough money to buy the SI.

Anyways I think I'm gonna go test drive a fit this weekend. I'll be poking around these boards from now on, and hopefully you guys can answer my questions. If anyone has any Q's about the 8th gen civic let me know!

Last edited by smatts; 04-14-2007 at 02:50 AM.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:55 AM
5 Year Member
Hi Matt ,

Do you already have a dealership ur going to this w/e ?

Old 04-14-2007, 04:01 AM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Check PM Rick, lol.