Strange Ghost Car in Vancouver

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 12:51 PM
5 Year Member
Strange Ghost Car in Vancouver

I was driving my Fit to downtown this morning down Pander, stopped at a red light in front of Main street. It's basically a one lane street but you can pull to the right if a car is turning left. The section of Pander ahead is one lane. I'm on the left side going straight so no turning signal. A grey Ford Taurus (probably '06) with plate 37* CK* pulled up to my right side with no intention to turn right. When the light turned green, it tried to out run me so they can get back to the left lane. I hate people do that to take advantage, so I stepped on the gas, it wasn't too fast speed wise but enough to block it off before it's lane ends. With no choice, it pulled behind me but as soon as it's behind me, I saw red and blue lights flashing on it's dash, I thought s**t, I pulled over wondering what they're going to do. Nothing, they just drove me by, no more flashing lights, just following the traffic and made a left turn at Howe. Two possibilities, either the cops knew that what they initially did was wrong, they're not in a hurry to attend a case, they should not raced me down the street, flashing their lights just to scare me. Or, this was a phoney with fake cop lights. Anyways, take a good look if you run into this car see if it's a real one.

Last edited by wk406; 12-13-2006 at 12:57 PM.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:59 PM
5 Year Member
I'll definitely keep a lookout for that. Thanks for the heads up!

Glad to hear you didn't get busted!

Old 12-13-2006, 06:12 PM
if u have the time its possible (i heard this from a frd) to actually find out if its a fake cop car since u have the plates...just call vpd n say that there might b ppl posing as fake cops n have them run the plates.

they might not tell u but its worth a try if u have nth else to do...

Old 12-13-2006, 09:02 PM
its may actually be legal for them to do what they did. i went to traffic school here in cali and the conductor of the class told us about a bunch of weird legal things that are actually legal...sharing a single lane is legal so long at you yield to the original car if you cannot overtake them.

maybe it was a cop, maybe it wasn't, but if it was a cop, they didn't break the law--assuming you have the same law of course. if you sped past the speed limit would be the only time you'd get in trouble for this situation.

Old 12-14-2006, 12:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by rayeung
if u have the time its possible (i heard this from a frd) to actually find out if its a fake cop car since u have the plates...just call vpd n say that there might b ppl posing as fake cops n have them run the plates.

they might not tell u but its worth a try if u have nth else to do...
I don't think I'll do that just incase they are real cops. Don't want to stir up any unnecesary trouble with the police. They might also got my plate. I think my next car will be a black crown vistoria