Custom Made Leather Seats in Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 03:21 PM
5 Year Member
Question Custom Made Leather Seats in Fit?

Hi! I really miss not having leather seat in my car. Can anyone recommand a good automotive upholsterer who can make leather seats covers for our Fit in GVRD? Of course, I want someone who can make them properly and won't obstruct the side airbags... Thanks!

Old 12-02-2006, 05:09 PM
If this helps any there is a company on ebay that makes custom replacement seats for the fit cut to the original pattern to allow for air bag deployment they are not covers but replacements,so the original seat fabric is removed.they supply a list of installers or they say its possible for a talented diy er to accomplish?

Old 12-02-2006, 08:26 PM
This place has been recommended to me by quite a few people.

http://www.proleather.com./

They're local as well. I've been thinking about getting some custom seat covers done

Old 12-03-2006, 03:50 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks Yuf!

That's good info! I wonder if there are anyone here would like to get leather seats for their Fit? If we have a few people interested... we might be able to get a discount if we all make them at the same time...!
Cheers!

Fit-in-Richmond

Originally Posted by Yuf
This place has been recommended to me by quite a few people.

http://www.proleather.com./

They're local as well. I've been thinking about getting some custom seat covers done

Old 12-04-2006, 05:45 PM
When I had my Audi, I got a custom two-tone Katzkin leather interior done at Seat Cover Centre on Clark Dr. in Vancouver, including door inserts and armrests. They also did jobs for a number of high end dealers in town. You can see a picture of it at my old Audi website. They were very professional, and when I pointed out one side of the rear was slightly crooked (I was very picky with that Audi), they took the car in the bay right away and fixed it immediately. My Audi also had side airbags in the seats.

I also have friends who have brought their cars to Trim-Up in Richmond. I know that's where My Audi dealer took their cars to as well. On one of my friend's cars, it was a full custom job not from pre-ordered patterns like Katzkin, but from fabric my friend brought in themselves. (LV logo pattern). It was done very well.

As for my Fit, I'm really not interested in getting leather for this car. However, I might be interested in replacing the existing fabric with something else.

And a funny sidenote, I had my leather seats done in November as I remember, and it was a really good thing my Audi had heated front seats!