Calgary & Alberta Fit Owners?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by mcspeed
Well, I took the time to go into T&T yesterday to find out anything I couldn't over the phone. I was told that I am next in line....sweeeeet, currently they have 8 fits on the lot, all autos, 4 sports. I would jump on the one in Red Deer if red was one of my choices. Still good service so far.
I was told I was next in line for a VBP Fit 5SPD too when I did my thing with them. took them 2 months to get me my car and left me in the dark the entire way through the process.
I ordered Apr.1 , received Jun.3rd
they had 7 VBP fits on the lot in mid-May...

I'd be weary of them!
Just a heads up

Old 09-29-2006, 05:17 PM
I just got my Fit Red Sports AT 2 days ago from T&T Honda!

Old 09-30-2006, 12:18 AM
Originally Posted by bsmithcreek
Hi everyone, good to see some folks from Calgary on this forum!

I'm lookin into getting a FIT soon. I like the silver storm metallic, maybe the VBP.

One question, what do you all experience with the clearance of the Sport for speed bumps, steep driveways and potentailly in winter? Does anyone know the cleranace for the Sport?
curbs, speed bumps, pot holes, steep driveways, nasty parking lot entries.....
be aware and be very very very careful!!!! a little too fast and you will be doing some body work on the front spoiler...watch out parking next to a curb or you may just rip the side skirt off..and the turning radius is tight so be careful pulling out next to curbs..

Old 09-30-2006, 01:02 PM
Retired Moderator
yeah clearance isn't that great for this car, but I don't mind, I'm used to parking away from curbs and angling out of steep driveways :P

Old 10-12-2006, 12:45 AM
Just thought that I would let you guys know I got a call from T&T tonight and they gave me an arrival date of Oct 28th, under the three month mark.
Still satisfied with the service. Wayne called me as soon as he found out.

counting the days now.

Old 10-12-2006, 01:04 AM
Retired Moderator
congrats! make sure you take pics! We need to get all of us Calgary Fits together for a meet sometime

Old 10-12-2006, 12:22 PM
Congradz!! Wayne was my sales person too! What colour is yours?

Old 10-12-2006, 01:07 PM
I'll be getting the VBP manual sport. I wasn't going to take pics until I personalized it but I prolly will.

Illusive,
wondering about the Clearbra, what is the install like? being that I am in Calgary, should I get it installed from your supplier, or order it from you and just do it?

Old 10-12-2006, 03:15 PM
Manual sports!! No wonder it is taking a while to get yours, Wayne had told me if I wanted a manual sports I would of have to waited for 2+ months to get one!
My other car has the "Clearbra", and I had chosen the dark plastic front hood protector for my fit instead of it (It turned out pretty cute with the word Fit on it). A few reasons:
1. My other car is silver in colour and after a drive, the clearbra turns kind of brownish like colour due to the heat from the hood and it looked like it is dirty until it is cooled back down.
2. I have a little rip/hole from a stone and it stands out, so I can spot it from a distance away!
3. It is very hard to keep clean because it is clear, any bugs or dirty will eventually stain it unless you wash it off right away.

If your mind is already made up on the clearbra, I would definitely get it after market, the application is so easy once you have the material custom cutted. How much did T&T quoted you for it?

Old 10-12-2006, 07:43 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by mcspeed
I'll be getting the VBP manual sport. I wasn't going to take pics until I personalized it but I prolly will.

Illusive,
wondering about the Clearbra, what is the install like? being that I am in Calgary, should I get it installed from your supplier, or order it from you and just do it?
I highly suggest you go to him to get it installed. That way, if you ever have any problems, you can bring it back and he can fix it without any fuss. My Ventureshield has a lifetime warranty only when it is installed by a professional, so do it yourself would void that warranty. The install takes about 3 hours or so, so it is not too bad since it includes everything...the Fit is quite curvy and can be a pain to do. If you want to get it done, just shoot me a PM and I'll give you the info and give my friend a heads up.

Old 10-24-2006, 05:38 PM
Retired Moderator
There is a SSM Sport Fit at the U of C...saw it the last few days, one day in Lot 11 parallel parked at the end

Old 10-29-2006, 01:31 PM
5 Year Member
Hey guys, just put a deposit on a NHBP fit yesterday from T&T
Should be here in December, can't wait

Gonna be interesting with the Fit, as i'm driving a turbo CRX right now

Illusive, can you pm me info about that clearbra thing pls?

Old 10-29-2006, 03:29 PM
Retired Moderator
xdimsumx, just PM'ed you back with details. Let me know if you need anything else.

Old 11-04-2006, 03:57 PM
Well guys, I am still waiting for my Fit. It was suppose to be at the dealers between the 23 and the 28th of Oct. The only thing is there is a strike on the docks, I couldn't find out anything about this strike until I spoke with a friend that told me they bought a used car from Japan and it is stuck on the coast because of the strike as well. Man, this sucks.

Old 11-06-2006, 11:15 PM
yea i am affected by that strike as well
but i got lucky
my fit arrived today afternoon
and i get to enjoy it them long weekend heh

Old 11-10-2006, 12:39 AM
finally got it today
its sooo good
i wonder if anybody got that orange automatic fit sport tho
since i saw it in calgary honda 2 weeks ago

Old 11-10-2006, 01:15 AM
still waiting....
4 months tomorrow

Old 11-10-2006, 02:15 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by JDMish
still waiting....
4 months tomorrow
WHATAT!?!?! I thought it was supposed to be in already...bitch and complain!!!

Old 11-10-2006, 02:21 AM
5 Year Member
dealership told me end of december!
just over a month left

Old 11-10-2006, 02:45 AM
I hope that all of you that are waiting for your fit to arrive get them soon... I feel fortunate that I only had to wait a few weeks... but I bought mine in the spring from High River Honda... Almost time for my 1st oil change... The car handles great in the snow (much better than my old Aerostar did (may she rest in peace))...

cheers

Quick Reply: Calgary & Alberta Fit Owners?